EasyJet - terrible all inclusive holiday in Bodrum - can we get compensation ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, 

hope you are well!

Soo we have already started making most the notes whilst we were on the bus, so will copy and paste as a summary (bit long!)

I have just arrived home and I am typing this all up 😂

just to note, we initially complained about the first room we were given and was given another room two days after. I sent an email to easyJet not long after I complained. They investigated it and said that it had already been dealt with as hotel gave another room (although.. I don’t know whether easyJet were the ones to push for that) but they closed it after that 

————————————————————— 

Cleanliness - Room:
* Initially bathroom was dirty with limescale around basin and shower. 
* Mirror stuck on with tape
* Bedding was dirty with stains 
* Chair in room with stains
* Upon complaint, they offered a detailed clean although, this cw as remained the same. Upon an email sent to easyJet, received call next morning for upgrade
* Upgraded to a better room, despite it being a better room, it still had same lack of good general cleaning practices (mould and limescale)
* Each room has a sewage smell in bathroom 
* Whole balcony has dust accumulated with dirty chairs and sticky 
* Rooms need a deep clean in a routinely manner 

Facilities:
* Advertised as a 4* Hotel with sports facilities such as basketball and tennis however, this is used as a car park for customers 
* Air Con in rooms. The 2nd room AC only goes up to 18 degrees which isn’t really that cool for a hot country like Turkey. The last room we had was 16 which was a big difference. We didn’t bother complaining about the room again and moving all our stuff so opted with leaving balcony window open even though I got bitten. 
* Again AC needs to be checked but there is a lack of up keeping and monitoring here

Customer Service:
* We can count with one hand the number of staff giving good customer service with friendliness
* Staff come across as rude and disinterested in giving good customer service with a smile. Feeling was as if we were a burden on them
* Whilst waiting at the ‘Snack Bar’, we had been waiting a significant time to be asked what we wanted although the response was “You should have called me”. He may not have realised as he was on the phone at the back. This was quite a common theme with some of the staff and their lack of attentiveness 

Food:
* Labelling of food was often incorrect, with no idea what food we were eating
* Flies on food, occasional hair and broken glass (photo attached)
* Flies all over the bread, and the breads were typically dry too
* No fresh juices, just water and fizzy drinks which we had to walk to the pool bar to get. Might seem it’s being pedantic but really everything should be in one place
* Cutlery were not always clean often with mismatched cutlery for example a butter knife given instead of a standard dinner knife. Dessert fork with dinner knife. 
* Food typically below par and was quite disappointed with food often being over cooked and not many very authentic Turkish foods
* We have had to have food outside a few occasions 
* The A La Carte wasn’t a la carte

English speakers:
* Would be good to have more English speakers especially at the main reception. Only one person speaking proficient English who I believe was the manager  

General up-keeping of hotel:
* The rooms are outdated and no care in making it look clean
* Marble floorings were dirty and need of cleaning 
* Outdoor and indoor furniture stained and dusted
* Only area that looks maintained is the reception lounge 
* Dead/dying plants 
* Private Beach needs a good cleaning like other hotels do. There is litter, especially cigarette buts. 

Pictures online are completely misleading. The star picture which attracts customers is their pool. We opted to go for this one and paying more based on what was seen and overall was very underwhelming. Other guests shared the same opinion too.

EasyJet - to prevent customers not using easyJet holidays in future need to have a look at the hotels that is being advertised on site. Misleading hotels is a deterrent especially to easyJet business. Sadly, we will not use easyJet in future because of this. 

Our holiday was last minute but spent a lot of time looking around and trusting easyJet holiday to provide as a good holiday for value in money. Jet2 and all the other ones were slightly cheaper but felt easyJet was more reputable.

If you want to succeed with offering great holidays, easyJet need to look at a company like TUI. We flew with them last year and everything was spot on. 

————————————————————-

The thing is there is so much more! If you want to look at the most recent trip advisor reviews have a look at “Charm Beach Hotel Bodrum”. What I’ve posted may seem exaggerated but I assure you it’s not and the most recent review is what we experienced with plenty of pictures. 

Everyone there that we had spoken to had complained about it and shared same experiences. Really appalling stuff.

The supervisor there did want some constructive feedback which is good so I am sending them less of a complaint but an advice to help them improve.

Ideally I want compensation for the holiday considering how poor it was and especially the amount we paid. Others on the trip are seeking the same. 

EasyJet seem to have an issue with their all inclusive in Turkey as on our bus transfer (2 hour on bus whilst picking up multiple people) they all complained about their hotels too, some far worse than ours.

I can’t see how easyJet are allowing hotels like this!

It was a last minute trip and we spent almost £1300 for 6-7 nights

Any advice how we should approach easy jet or if they don’t want to reimburse something, would greatly appreciate!

Thank you 

Ps if you are still reading this don’t go to that hotel (at present)

• dx100uk changed the title to easyJet - terrible all inclusive holiday in Bodrum - can we get compo?
  • AndyOrch changed the title to easyJet - terrible all inclusive holiday in Bodrum - can we get compensation ?

Topic title amended for clarity.

Andy

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• AndyOrch changed the title to EasyJet - terrible all inclusive holiday in Bodrum - can we get compensation ?

moved you to the holidays forum our experts should see this now and help

dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hey whilst it looks like you genuinely did not have a good time, I don't see anything here that warrants a statutory compensation. 

...Except maybe...

Advertised as a 4* Hotel with sports facilities such as basketball and tennis however, this is used as a car park for customers 

Sounds like they advertised something that wasn't made available to you. Whilst this happens all the time, standard practice would be to offer you some form of minor compensation for the advertised facitilies that weren't provided in the end.

(however note that if the hotel is indeed a **** then you got what was advertised, there's no 2 ways about this, it has the stars or it doesn't)

...and...

Broken glass in the food

Did I really read this right? Broken glass in your food? Or did you just mean your drinking glasses were chipped? If you actually had broken glass in your food that I'm surprised you didn't leave that hotel screaming on the spot, because that's certainly what I would have done.

The rest of your complaints would be better suited in a tripadvisor review or mail to customer service, but it's not really something that would normally warrant compensation. Do be aware that whilst some of them seem like genuine complaints, like stains/dust, some of it comes across as a bit entitled (Complain because you have to walk to grab drinks - Complain about people's english skills in a foreign country) or downright nonsensical (Your outlandish point about the aircon - Just because it's hotter outside doesn't mean you should make it colder inside, on the contrary that's very unhealthy not to mention wasteful)

Do feel free to complain to easyjet and depending on how skillfully you manage to handle it and how ballsy you feel you might get some money or a voucher as a result, it's worth trying.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

£190 cash 😲

I think that's pretty good, considering that there was no clear cut grounds for a reimbursement at all. (apart maybe for the Broken glass point, which you never replied to - but even then, what you should have done is eat out every day and claim everything back, which I assume you didn't so it's a moot point). Remember that courts award damages based on what actually happened and what you actually had to pay. They don't award money based on "loss of enjoyment".

If you read their letter carefully there is zero admission of fault. They are thanking you for your feedback and promising to look into the points you raised, and offering a grovelling apology that you didn't have a good time, that's all.

I'm sorry. but I agree with Kyosanto.

I am suprised they'd offered this, I would have called £100 voucher generous for this.

I'd take your £190 or voucher eq and say thanks 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service