pinkglitter V halifax update

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well i can quite believe this i started my claim end of Nov, sent the 1st letter 7th Dec, got a reply that they are dealing with my complaint last week, sent the second letter today informing of intending to take then to court, and in the post today got a letter from them offering £1087.00 full and final now this is where i need advice my original claim was for £1264.00 this is with out the 8% interest as its only £177 short of the original amount should i just take it or hang out for the full amount, i have another 2 accounts to claim for so dont want to look desperate, but i cant beieve its only taken 3 or so weeks....can anyone suggest anything ??:p

statements requested 23rd Nov charged £5

statements arrived 28th Nov

sent first letter claiming £1264 on 7th Dec to halifax

halifax replied standard letter 13th Dec

second letter sent 22nd Dec :p

Halifax sent letter 22nd Dec offering £1087 full & final only £177 short of the full amount:eek:

Accepted the offer on 28th Dec on to the next one.......

You got your letter from Newcastle office, Jonathan Park? Call him and ask him to give you the full amount (please). Just say that you'd like to agree a settlement if possible, and save the bank additional costs if you proceed to the court stage.

Note that you cannot claim the 8% at this point, only your charges. You would only get your 'little extra' if you file at court, when they also have to return your court fees.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Thanks for that, we really need the money at the moment, to pay the mortgage due to hubbie being out of work so i know i'm copin out by accepting but i need it in the bank asap. thank though for your advice.

statements requested 23rd Nov charged £5

statements arrived 28th Nov

sent first letter claiming £1264 on 7th Dec to halifax

halifax replied standard letter 13th Dec

second letter sent 22nd Dec :p

Halifax sent letter 22nd Dec offering £1087 full & final only £177 short of the full amount:eek:

Accepted the offer on 28th Dec on to the next one.......