Are they just Stalling?

mrdoran

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a letter this morning from HSBC a response to my LBA dated 21st Nov. In this letter they are asking for a breakdown of all of the charges to include the date, description of the charge and amount applied and are asking that I do not just send in my statements, but this is a tad late.

I sent these statements on the 2nd Nov and I highlighted all of the charges incurred, and never received a response until now. Since then I have stuck to my timetable and have filed MCOL of which they acknowledged on 11th Dec.

Am a little confused as to what to do next, as far as i'm concerned it's out of my hands and will just have to wait to see what there response is to the MCOL.

Also, am I receiving a response so late because there is such a backlog and is there letter just standard and are they aware of MCOL I have filed? Seems to be the people who sent this letter aren't aware of whats going on.

Thanks in advance for your help and merry xmas.

Guest ian cognito

You should have produced a schedule of your charges using the spreadsheets in the templates library and sent it with both your prelim and your LBA, you need to do this now and send a copy to the bank and one to the court, make sure you reference it with both your account No and your MCOL reference.

I think you should also have another read of the FAQ's ready for the next stage.

HSBC and their 'appointed' solicitors 'DG' (who are actually HSBC staff) are experts in stalling - the longer they keep the money the more they can charge yo still further and make interest on the money as well . . . not nice, but who ever said they (banks) are 'nice'

Unless you win the lottery . . then they'd be all over you like a rash !!

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)