dottylotty V Abbey

dottylotty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Handed my DPA letter in to Abbey local branch on 6th Dec, all statements due by 15th Jan.

22/12/06 - received statements from Sep 05 to Dec06, no charges on them, only money in/out!!

Does anyone know how do I get them to list the charges? Thanks

I got a letter from Abbey on 23/12/06 saying

Thank you for your letter dated 6 December 2006 which we received on 8 December 2006, requesting information on your bank account.

Although arrangements have been made to send you the last fourteen months of transactions in the form of duplicate statements, most transactional information between 2000 and 2005 has been archived onto microfiche and is not available on our computer system. Please note there is a fee of £10 for the provision of this information, and we are unable to deal with your request until the fee has been received.

If you would like to go ahead, please fill in the form enclosed and return it to us. You can pay by personal cheque made payable to Abbey, or at any local branch. You can also ask us to debit the money from your Abbey account if that is easier.

You have also asked for details of any 'manual interventions' that may have been made on your account and I am sorry that we are unable to deal with this request.

I can explain that we consider 'manual interbentions' to mean that it is not automatic or computer-driven. Not all manual interventions are recorded, for example if a member of staff looks at a paper document relating to your account, a record is not always required. Similarly some interventions may relate to work carried out by a department rather than individuals where no central record of activity is kept because this is not the kind of information we need, or more importantly, that a customer would usually request.

If you have any questions please call us on the above number.

Yours sincerely

Pam Speed

Business Manager

Ok first of all when I handed my letter into branch I accompanied it by £10, which I have a receipt for, and the cashier said "I need to put this back into your account, and it will be debited when they send the statements" Now theyre saying they need £10!!!??!!!

Secondly she is saying that I cannto have any details of any manual interventions. Does this mean that I cannot get a list of how many charges I have received? Or what does it mean?

Hope someone can help, I do try to read other posts and FAQ, but still this whole thing befuddles me because every case is different.

Thanks,

Viki

Dont panic. There has obviously been some error with your payment. Write back to Pam Speed straight away, explaining you have already paid this and enclose a copy of the receipt. You will then receive all your statements including the charges. Remind them that they have xxxx days left to comply since the date of your SAR.

Hi dottylotty the manual intervention thing is typical what they are saying is that under the Data Protection Act they do not have to provide this information, obviously we all know there is no manual intervention required as it is an automated process therefore why are the charges as high, this they will never admit so dont worry about the manual intervention, secondly when you handed in the letter with your £10 was it a SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST because they will stall and delay it if it aint, i assume it wasnt and you can find this SAR template in the banks template library. Send this to them with the £10 and with a bit of time HEY PRESTO you get your statements, good luck with your claim.

Hi, thanks for the replies.

Yes it was a S.A.R I handed in, this is the same as DPA (data protection act) letter isnt it? I presume so anyway!

I didnt know if the manual intevention part was meaning I couldnt get a list of charges, because the statements I had been sent already didnt have charges listed on them:confused:

I will send my letter to Pam Speed today. ta for your help :)