• Tweets

• Hi all my wife has today been accused of shoplifting a few weeks ago at John Lewis. Police called today and said an allegation has been made after viewing cctv. My wife has been invited in for interview to clear things up (there words) I asked how her how they knew how to find her, she admitted she had been caught before in Waitrose in 2018 and banned from them and JL. I can’t begin to tell you how shocked I am but I need to support her and don’t know where to turn. She has confessed to me that she has stolen the odd thing over the past year from JL and is now worried that they will look back and charge here for stealing all the items. The police say the allegation is for two small items of clothing. My wife of 40yrs  I know like the back of my hand has been through hell and has lost all her family over the past few years, she has serious health issues and is on strong medication. I can only put this down to this being a big factor. I really need to know what to do to help her, if she admits,  will it be dealt with on the spot or will courts be involved. Should she seek immediate legal advice or see the solicitor at the police station(that’s what they have offered) Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks for reading and I hope it’s easy to understand 
    • Thank you. BTW, who paid Arval's administration fee? Arval - who seem to be total idiots - refer to what was received as a "parking fine" or "penalty charge notice" when it is neither, it is an invoice from a private company.
    • Hi guys, Bought BMW a couple of weeks ago. Advertised as FSH (I have a copy of the advert) Got home, set the Idrive up, alass, no service history, only pre delivery inspection. Car is a 2019 with 77,000 miles. When viewing, I was also told it has just had a full service. Been chasing the garage and been fobbed off last week. We will send it you, blah, blah.   Sent hem a shirty text today saying if they do not sort it, I would go to Trading Standards. They just called saying they will take the car back. Thing is, I really like it and I want to keep it. Would would be the best outcome here, do I ask for money back? Or is the only real option taking the car back? It will pain me as ive paid insurance, tax, had it coded as it was playing up a little, filled oil and AdBlue. Its not much, but its just perfect for me.   Thanks in advance all.
    • An Covid corruption tsar is to be appointed. Reeves to appoint Covid corruption tsar to claw back billions of waste | Rachel Reeves | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Chancellor understood to believe £2.6bn of public money lost to fraudsters during pandemic could be recouped  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lowell/shoosmiths - Ordinary Cause Court Writ - for £7k pers loan

Write to them with your name and new address 

I xxx xxx account number xxxx xxxxx, now live at number 1 , xxxx street, xxx

It will cost you a First class stamp and may save you thousands. 

Otherwise you are just cannon fodder for Lowell

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

each debt, get a free proof of posting too.

we got there in the end......:whistle:

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks very much 

just to double check

when you say write to them

do you mean write to Current Dca

my Lowell case is different to this one is with Link Financial

but they are all the same

thanks for all your help  

ALL

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 months later...
  • dx100uk changed the title to Lowell letters received for £7k pers loan debt - Scotland

i can instruct my dog to sit, but if it does is an entirely diff matter.

WL are acting here as a mere powerless DCA and are not the OWNER of the debt, lowells are, so jog on WL...

until very very recent we've never seen lowells raise a scottish claim

Lowell/Shoes SPC Claim Forfar Sheriff Court - Old Newday Credit Card. - Scotland Financial Legal Issues - Consumer Action Group

and they

'they' dont send court letters.

only a sheriffs court can do that if the debt OWNER is brave enough to request they raise a court claim.........

unlike E&W the scottish legal system is far more geared toward empowering the consumer and always put claimants to strict 1000% proof they are the legal owner of a debt, are legally due payment and hold the all the correct enforceable paperwork.

just read a few Nolan SPC threads...:pound:

dx

and they

Thanks I have been reading quite a few this one got me as it did say they have instructed them to take legal action but thanks again your a legend 

1 hour ago, Thanks121 said:

they will send court letters 

it does NOT SAY WILL... read it again...:whistle:

instructed does NOT MEAN WILL..it has no legal meaning...

and the 'they' is not the legal debt owner....

stuff and all any 3rd party DCA can do, let alone any dca in the 1st place..no legal powers whatsoever..none of 'em.

all the debt owner can do is the same as you or i if someone owes us money...start a court claim.

dx

and they

Interesting I did read again and again but I’m negative as I’m the receiver it says 

this has resulted in your account being selected for court action 

eh?

you'll be selected for the peoples lottery next......

dx

and they

4 hours ago, dx100uk said:

'they' dont send court letters.

only a sheriffs court can do that if the debt OWNER is brave enough to request they raise a court claim.........

please read carefully and understand what has already been explained.

if you get a SPC Claimform from a COURT then of course you don't ignore it

comeback here 

and they

4 hours ago, dx100uk said:

unlike E&W the scottish legal system is far more geared toward empowering the consumer and always put claimants to strict 1000% proof they are the legal owner of a debt, are legally due payment and hold the all the correct enforceable paperwork.

just read a few Nolan SPC threads...:pound:

dx

and they

no and no 

a win today

and they

Received another letter today  from shoosmiths 

saying they have been instructed to act etc 

Claimant: Lowell Portfolio I Limited

Our Client: Walker Love

Walker Love Ref:

Original Lender:

Balance:

We have been instructed by our client that you have failed to repay the sums due in respect of the above account.

Your Agreement with our client is terminated, which means the balance outstanding is due and our client requires your proposals for payment.

Please treat this letter as notice that, unless an agreement is reached within 7 days of the date of this letter, we are instructed by our client to commence court proceedings against you for recovery of the sums outstanding.

This means that you may have a Court Decree registered against you. Any Court Decree registered against you may affect your ability to obtain credit in the future.

If court action proceeds, we are also instructed to seek legal costs in addition to the sum outstanding from you in order to cover any outlays by our client in having to raise court proceedings

If a Decree is obtained then we may be instructed to enforce that Decree which may include an application for an Inhibition against you. This will have the effect of preventing you from selling or granting any further securities against your house, or any land that you may own in Scotland.

Rather than issue court proceedings our client would prefer to find a suitable solution to enable you to repay the sums outstanding to it.

To discuss how best these outstanding sums can be repaid please contact Walker Love within the next 7 days by telephone on 0330 678 0335 or by email at [email protected]

Proposals

Our client may be able to agree to accept less than the sum outstanding in settlement of the sums due from you or, if this is not an option for you, to agree regular payment instalments with you, based on a review of your financial circumstances.

If you need to seek advice then you may wish to contact one or more of the organisations listed below who are able to provide independent advice to you.

Yours faithfully

+44 (0)3700 863 000 | www.shoosmiths.com

Should I just ignore for now ?

Just your thoughts or anyone had similar letter thanks

go read that thread

dx

and they

I have read that thread but it started when received court claim form 

im not at that stage yet 

I'm asking if I should do anything just now or not contact at all 

looks like a standard letter i received giving me 7 days when first letter said they would give 14 days but didn’t and sent 7 days 

once again.

Dx  thanks for your help and everyone here I get lost in the other posts but have read them 

i can instruct my dog to sit.

if it does is a totally different matter.

with one bloody nose from CAG in Scotland now, on what is a new adventure for them me, thinks lowells will seriously think twice before trying again.

dx

and they

I’m not sure i understand you to well here dx but your opinion has been right in the past 

I think your trying to say I should sit but your not sure if I will 

you are not reading the letters properly and because of that you are concluding the wrong possible outcomes.

they are stating, quite clearly, that their client, whom is operating for another client, lowells, the debt owner,  are instructing them to commence a court claim.

well i can tell my neighbour to tell my dog to sit, now it doesn't sit for me when told anyway, so what chance has anyone else got of making it sit..

it's all dca gobbledy gook,  specifically written in a cleverly crafted way to worry and harass a debtor because they know 85% of people, just like you are , can't understand the difference between words like instruct, might, could, possibly.... to the word WILL.

you seriously need to read a good few 100 lowell threads here , you'll soon get the idea.

dx

and they