• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

wycombemariner V Yorkshire bank ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recieved my 6 years worth of statmnets yesterday, gonna start the trwawl through them tonight, with highlighter pen ready.

Just had to call bank to say that there is Mar 2000 - through to - Oct 2001 Missing as well as Statement for April 2003 - was assured these would be with me in 5 working days. Reminded them that next wednesday is the 40 day limit and intrst will be claimed/charged if i don't have complete set of statments in my hand by close of business Wed 10th May

Up The Mariners

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck, and keep us all posted :-)

Advice & opinions given by pjdudley69 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. Also visit legal seagulls for more friendly help and advice.

Good luck with it! Yorkshire bank are going to be hit by quite a few claims all at the same time.... shame lol

Yorkshire Bank £2201.24 - Settled in full

My Abbey £731.34 - Settled in full

Hubby's Abbey £1239.49 - Settled in full

• 2 weeks later...

Well tomorrow is they're 14 days done with so they'd better get on the case sharpish!

Been told that its the branch manager dealing with it, who aboslutly hates me due to the amount of complaints i've made about her attitude and customer service, oh well if she makes life difficult then its an extra 8% intrest i suppose!

Que Sara sara whatever will be will be, we're going to cardiff que sara sara

Up The Mariners

Right letter arrived today from branch manager stating that:

Charges were in accordance with terms & Conditions

I knew the terms and conditions of using the account and that

Therefore the charges stand and they will not be refunded.

Do i send another letter giving a further 7 days to pay? Or go straight to court? if i send a letter what do i say?

Sorry i know they're in the libary but i'm having trouble finding what to do if they point blank refuse a refund

Up The Mariners

Have recieved 6 years statments after paying £10 - then sent letter stating amount of charges owed to me, and gave 14 days for a refund:

A letter arrived today from branch manager stating that:

I knew the terms and conditions of using the account and that therefore the charges stand and they will not be refunded.

Do i send another letter giving a further 7 days to pay (I did say i would do this if they didn't respond satisfactorily within the first 14 day limit)?

if i send a letter what do i say?

Or go straight to court?

Sorry i know they're in the libary but i'm having trouble finding what to do if they point blank refuse a refund

Up The Mariners

Guest Lueeze

Hi,

You sound like you have not read all the FAQ's yet, you need to go back and take a look as these questions are answered there.

In short wait 14 days until the prelim is up then send the LBA and wait anotehr 14 days!

I have looked in FAQ's, thats why i stated i'd looked in the libary but can't find the answer, sorry if it wasn't clear, my fault!

anyway. They have refused to pay me a refund after taking the full 14 days to get back to me. I said in the letter asking for refund

"If you do not respond or you do not respond positively within this time period, I shall send you a letter before action giving you a further 7 days in which to reflect. "

what i want to know is what do i say in this next letter that gives them a further 7 days? please?

Up The Mariners

forget about the branch manager

send your initial approach for repayment to

Yorkshire Bank

c/o Clydesdale Bank Customer Relations

3 Vincent Place

Glasgow

G1 2HL

Halifax Credit Card - £408.16 - Settled in FULL 26/6/06

Halifax Loans - £397.97 - Settled in FULL 25/8/06

GE Money Topman £216.75 - SETTLED IN FULL

Marbles LBA - £475.00 - £250 Offered :rolleyes:

Halifax Current Account LBA - SETTLED IN FULL

Yorkshire Bank Current Accounts £2271.77 - Issued 30/6/06 - Default Judgement Issued - Warrant of Execution Requested

Capital One - LBA - £88 Knocked of Balance

Egg PPI - LBA

Right letter arrived today from branch manager stating that:

I knew the terms and conditions of using the account and that

Therefore the charges stand and they will not be refunded.

Do i send another letter giving a further 7 days to pay? Or go straight to court? if i send a letter what do i say?

Calm down hun, it's not a prob.

You have to give them another chance before taking them to court even if they refuse point blank your 1st request (says so at the bottom of your 1st letter right? "If you do not respond or you do not respond positively within this time period, I shall send you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days in which to reflect").

You're at exactly the same stage as me & I'm just about to go & get the 2nd letter now from the library. If you PM me your email addy I'll send you the letter template in word format.

Yorkshire Bank £2201.24 - Settled in full

My Abbey £731.34 - Settled in full

Hubby's Abbey £1239.49 - Settled in full

ok - have given them a further 7 days to pay the refund. That letter was handed to banch manager yesterday.

Today i sent a copy of ALL correspondance between me and branch manager, to neil McKirdy at Headoffice. he now has 7 days to get back to me offering full refund, otherwise i file a claim!

Up The Mariners

• 3 weeks later...

Neil McKirdy has replied to my last letter:

Basically they ignore my use of the words unlawful, and decided that i'm only speaking about one charge form 2004.

They've basically ignored every thing i've said, and have told me at the end of the letter that this matter is now closed as far as the bank is concerned!

Just called them and they can't acknowledge that thye've ignored my points, so I have informed tham that I will be submitting a claim to the small claims court this week without fail

Up The Mariners

YB are going to be busy with court claims this week. Good luck.;)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

watching this with interest :)

Yorkshire Bank Current Accounts £2271.77 - Issued 30/6/06 - Default Judgement Issued - Warrant of Execution Requested

Egg PPI - LBA

• 1 month later...

Right then, due to circumstances beyond my control i've had to wait a couple of weeks before filing my claim with the courts.

Gonna be doing that this week.

Anyone near High Wycombe Bucks, that has already got this far and could help with the court forms?

Up The Mariners

Paid my £120 court fee yesterday. Recieved Court papers through post today saying that notice will be served today (classed as tomorrow) for the courts sake?). So now, i sit back and wait!

Claiming £2575 including court fee's and interest

Up The Mariners

they have from 14 days of it being deemed served to acknowlegde - it should state the actual date on your court papers

Egg PPI - LBA

Get ready for a laugh if the response is anything like mine.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Mine was acknowledged the day after it was served (10/07) but I haven't received YB's defence yet - how long did it take for the ones that have had a defence? Trunny, PJ?

They aren't treating every claim the same, they didn't even acknowledge Dans claim! Maybe it slipped through the net with the sudden influx of cases, don't you feel sorry for them - NOT!! :D

Bank of Scotland: Claiming £699.47, SETTLED IN FULL at moneyclaim stage

Sisters NatWest - Claiming £1056 - SETTLED at AQ stage

Natwest CC - Claiming £804, SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

GF Natwest - claiming £749.33, moneyclaim filed - SETTLED IN FULL 04/08

MBNA: Claiming £150 - SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

HSBC: £1014 - SETTLED at LBA stage + pending charges removed

Sisters HSBC - £300 - SETTLED IN FULL at prelim stage

Yorkshire bank - claiming £496.68 - SETTLED IN FULL at court date stage.

Capital One - claiming £605.54 -SETTLED IN FULL

DON'T FORGET TO DONATE!

I took my claim form into the court on 25/5, the claim was issued 2/6, sent to bank 6/6 and was deemed as served on 8/6, I received their defence 30/6 and got the Allocation Questionnaire through about the 8/7. I suppose it gives you a rough idea of timescales, but they all seem to have varied slightly on the response time.

Advice & opinions given by pjdudley69 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. Also visit legal seagulls for more friendly help and advice.

Hi Pudsey

I'm just about to embark on my second letter quoting the amount I'm claiming, together with a breakdown of how I arrived at the claim figure. I am somewhat apprehensive about this whole thing but I'm going to go through with it, hopefully with support from some of you who have already been down this route.

Have you been successful cos I note that your last message was back in March?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks