Jump to content

Reclaiming charges on behalf of someone else

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts



Since starting my claim - I've been asked by my Dad and my sister to do theirs for them!:)


Obviously, it would make things a lot easier (as they are based in different parts of the country) if the statements/correspondence etc were sent directly to me.


Does anyone know if this is possible? Is there a template letter anywhere for this purpose?


N.B. My Dads is a business account - can I still follow the same procedure?:confused:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your Dad and your Sister will have to sign a paper to say that you are authorised to deal with their accounts.

Most banks have a special form for this.


Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.


Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.


LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.



Please donate,

Help us to help others.





Forum Rules.


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its called a letter of authority and it basically should list their name, account number and sort code with a bit of text saying that they authorise you to obtain copy statements and to negotiate a settlement in relation to charges. Make copies and send one with each letter you send to them, they have a habit of losing them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...