Salford Ric V Hsbc Wish Me Luck Guys

salfordric

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5489 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have just started the rather long winded process of claiming back my £4026 worth of bank charges.

When I first added them up I was really embaressed as I didn't think I was actually that bad with money. When I looked into them further I discovered that Im not actually that bad with money at all. What HSBC have been doing is well out of order.

Say for example on on day there is 1 direct debit and 3 switch transactions to be debited plus a switch refund. What they do is, present the 3 switch payments which cant be returned 1st. The 3rd transaction puts me 27p into unauthorised overdraft. That 27p soon becomes £30.27 when they add a card misuse fee on. Next they present the direct debit which bounces of corse. Therefore at this point im £60.27 unauthorised o/d. Then Of corse the old HSBC favourite, the £25 total charges charge is applied for being in unathorised o/d. The really very annoying thing is that if the refund had been presented 1st which was for £720 or if they had taken into consideration before whacking charges on nothing would have bounced and there would have not been any charges.

On 1 statement alone I counted £235 of charges all a simular knock on effect of charges as the example above.

So maybe its not me thats bad with money or not as bad as i thought.

I wrote into HSBC asking for my statements which they sent me no problems very quickly too. After recovering from the mild heart attack of realizing just how much they charged me I wrote to ask for them back. This was on the 1.11.06. I backed up my letter with a phone call to their rather interestingly named "service recovery team" who confirmed receipt but told me it would be sometime before they responded but it was in hand.

Still having heard nothing on the 18.12,06 I rang the charming service recovery team again to be told that I needed to send a full list of all charges in to them that was the delay. I had sent a list with the statement number and the total of charges per statement with my original letter back in Nov. This wasnt acceptable they told me on the 18 dec 06, had I have sent with letter in 1st place would have been sorted long ago. Funny how they never bothered to mention it when I called them to chase them up isnt it. SOunds like a delaying tactic to me.

They now have each charge broken down the way they wanted it and are in the process of erm.... well im not sure actually what they are doing at the moment. One thing is for sure what ever it is its not being done very quickly.

BUT THATS OK, because HSBC dont have to reply with any timescale to these letter because they are NOT complaints they are account queries. OK HSBC thats ok then HUH i dont think so.

They now have 14days to refund or will start court proceedings.

If you managed to stay awake through that rather lengthy tale please feel free to give me any tips or share your own experiences. Would be very grateful. Merry Xmas and heres to a wealthier new year with the NATWEST!!

Hi,

Your doing just fine, make sure you stick ridgedly to the timescales, always keep notes of what you do, and any post must be by recoreded delivery.

Keep this thread updated, it allows others to help etc and also acts as a nice diary for you to keep a track as well.

Above all, good luck, you WILL get the money back, typically in about 2 months from your first letter Prelim 14 days, LBA 14 days, 5 days to serve your claim, 28 days to respond = 61 days approx !!!

Your already well on this road though !!

Steve

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

• 3 weeks later...

My claim is ongoing HSBC seem to be using delaying tactics by duplicating requests for information for no apparent reason. The date I gave for starting legal action is fast approaching and ive a feeling that they will not have settled it by then. If they are still in the process of "investigating" my claim should I commence legal action as stated in letter or do I have to wait for them to officially refuse to pay my bank charges back.

I started this claim 01.11.06, I received no acknowledgement from HSBC at all. I then contacted them and asked what was going on, they advised me that they had a backlog. I then sent a breakdown of all charges incurred, they then requested that information again so I sent it again. Nearly 2 months later we dont seem to be getting anywhere.

I stated that I wanted the money back by 15jan07 or I would start a county court claim, am i right to do this if they are still looking into it, or should I wait for them to refuse to pay the charges back or make an offer before starting a claim. Would appreciate any1s thoughts on this matter.