3 Mobile phone contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Jacksy

Someone's advised you to contact their CEO - that's an excellent move. I once applied for a mortgage and the application processing team screwed up the processing so that their credit scoring tool rejected my application because of THEIR error! I contacted the relevant director i.e. a board member, and the decision was reversed.

Why? Because people on the ground (call centre staff) have to follow process. CEOs and board directors care about (1) the business and (2) customers PLUS they have authority to overide processes.

Also, keep a log of EVERY contact you have with 3. Also ask them to confirm in writing their understanding of the call. This will carry weight in a court/Ofcom if you want to take it down that route.

Final piece of advice ... write to their customer services department and reiterate the position and the actual conversation that took place. (You're absolutely right - they will have the call recorded to protect themselves - why not ask them for a copy - not under Data Protection, but under the Freedom of Information Act.) In the same letter, tell them that, as they have incorrectly interpreted the actual events, and are wasting your time as well as theirs that you are, with immediate effect, invoicing them for your time and hassle. So give them notification and also submit an actual invoice (under your name) with the letter say for £20 per telephone/written contact. (I've done this once and got paid!)

Good luck

Jacksy

Final piece of advice ... write to their customer services department and reiterate the position and the actual conversation that took place. (You're absolutely right - they will have the call recorded to protect themselves - why not ask them for a copy - not under Data Protection, but under the Freedom of Information Act.) Good luck

I'm afraid you've reactivated an extremely old thread - Jacksy hasn't responded since May (4 months ago). However, I'm afraid you've got the wrong end of the stick with regard to Freedom of Information. It does not and never has applied to mobile phone companies.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks to all of you. because since last March when I had the good Idea to Upgrade with 3 Mobile, I am having a nightmare, they messed with my addresses, I was sold a Wireless things which never worked, In fact I was sopposed to send the BROKEN Moden, but I had not time to do so. in 24 hours I had an e-mail saying: "we have repaired your Modem, we will send it back shortly. I was stunned because the Modem was with ME!! I never sent to them.!!!

I was told I was updated with one Package Broadband, laptop and mobile phone. I thought there was ONLY one Account, nOOOOOOOOOOOOO they are driving me mad, because I found out I had an Account for the Broadband and the laptop and another Account for the Mobile upgrade. What a cheater. the Bills now are HUGE, i was charged because I took pictures!!!

I wrote letters to them no reply at all.

This evening I had a treating call they will give everything to a Debt collector. I asked to see details of my calls, because I do not use my mobile phone at all at weekends, nothing.

We have to pay Blinded !!

3 Mobile company is the bigest cheater I have never met. yes for the first time are fine, do not upgrade!!!!!!!!! because is a nightmare.

• 9 months later...

This is my first time on this site. I was on a 24 month contract with 3 and I was unhappy with the rubbish customer service and the terrible signal and I called them and highlighted the terrible signal at my home when I was in my 10th month of the contract so I said want to cancel. So he said send phone back and he gave my PAC number to use on another network. So I did this And my account with 3 has been closed and no cancellation charge, but I had to send phone back. Do you think this was ok?

• 1 month later...
This is my first time on this site. I was on a 24 month contract with 3 and I was unhappy with the rubbish customer service and the terrible signal and I called them and highlighted the terrible signal at my home when I was in my 10th month of the contract so I said want to cancel. So he said send phone back and he gave my PAC number to use on another network. So I did this And my account with 3 has been closed and no cancellation charge, but I had to send phone back. Do you think this was ok?

You have just described my issue!

I am currently 10 months into my 24 month contract and i used to have signal coverage in my house and the surrounding area, and now i get absolutely nothing because they have turned off their 2G network and they no long use T-Mobile/Orange. I now half to walk half a mile up the road to get any signal what so ever.

When I phoned, after my 3rd phone call i was eventually put through to the Technical support back office and at first they only offered me these 2 options:

1- A £5 discount on my line rental until the end of my contract

2- A change in price plan so i would only be spending £17p/m but i would be getting less than half of texts/minutes/internet access than what i do just now

When i said no to these as there is no point of me having a contract with a network who now do not offer me the same service they did when i first signed up and how i didn't see the point of keeping the contract because people cannot get in contact with my when i am at home on my only source of contact, i was offered a termination of my contract however... I would have to send back my iPhone 3GS which is worth at least £130 and i would also have to pay a cancellation charge of £151.21.

I refused to do this. I find it utterly disgusting that i have to pay for a fault which has nothing to do with me, as it is on them when they changed their network, so i asked to speak with a manager. Where once again i was offered a discount on my current line rental, however this time it was £7. Again for the 5th time in the 1 phone call i had to explain that i no longer what to stay with a company who can no longer provide me with the service i signed up for. So he said that he could reduce my cancellation charge to £101.21... I laughed because once again it is expected of me to pay this ridiculous amount of money and send my phone back for an issue which is beyond my control.

I don't know where to go from here. I feel like i am going round in circles. Is it beneficial for me to call OfCOM? I really do feel like i have a case.

Any advice would be great, because i am sick to the back teeth of it all.

You should say that you are breaching yr terms of contract by not providing me with a service. I told them that and I said that I would report them to ofcom and they said send phone back and no cancellation charge. Do that and notify me of developments. Good luck!

• 6 months later...

A real horror story - Can anyone explain to me why once a contract comes to an end with 3 that you, the customer have to then phone them up and give them an additional 30 days notice (and pay them) to cancel the contract? Our contract was up in June 2010 and we switched to another provider but 3 continued to take money out of our account and this went unnoticed for a number of months (the 3 phone had not been used). When we spotted it we cancelled the direct debit immediately but were contacted by their collections dept. After an explanation they initially said we were due to a refund of over £300. Weeks went by and then we received a call from their collections dept saying that we actually owed them money as they don't issue refunds and we did not phone them to cancel, but simply cancelled our direct debit which is against 'their policy'. Who in their right mind wouldn't have cancelled a direct debit for a non-existent contract? It seems that a contract with 3 continues right after the end date unless the customer gives them 30 days additional notice. This can't be right or fair. I'd like to say that this is the only issue, but it isn't. We also had a mobile intenret account with them that they'd been overcharging us for months. They agreed that they'd overcharged us by £57 but say that we can't have a refund - they will credit it - what against they won't say. We also had another mobile phone with them - the contract ran out in September and I was offered a new contract at £8 per month as recompense for all of the problems we'd had with them. Didn't hear anything from them for over a month when a bill came in for £12.99 - the 'monthly bill' - not the £8 they'd promised, which they are now denying. I was also promised a new handset as this was a new contract - I have yet to recieve this. The old mobile phone is now not working - I visited the shop and they said because the contract with this phone had come to an end then it wasn't under warranty and I would be liable for any repair charges - despite this being a brand new contract. They have left me without a phone since October - after writing to complain they said they would 'loan' me a handset for 30 pounds whilst my handset was being repaired - as if. They are still presuing payment from me for a phone that cannot be used and for a contract price which is way above the price I agreed to. Kept phoning them but get a different person everytime with a promise to sort it out - I must say that the customer serice is absolutly dire. So we are left being persued for 2 contracts, having had months of payments taken out of our account for a contract that has expired and been overcharged to boot - no accountability from 3 whatsoever - we are continually being brushed off - I have lost the will to live and would never, ever recommend this company to anyone.

A real horror story - Can anyone explain to me why once a contract comes to an end with 3 that you, the customer have to then phone them up and give them an additional 30 days notice (and pay them) to cancel the contract? Our contract was up in June 2010 and we switched to another provider but 3 continued to take money out of our account and this went unnoticed for a number of months (the 3 phone had not been used). When we spotted it we cancelled the direct debit immediately but were contacted by their collections dept. After an explanation they initially said we were due to a refund of over £300. Weeks went by and then we received a call from their collections dept saying that we actually owed them money as they don't issue refunds and we did not phone them to cancel, but simply cancelled our direct debit which is against 'their policy'. Who in their right mind wouldn't have cancelled a direct debit for a non-existent contract? It seems that a contract with 3 continues right after the end date unless the customer gives them 30 days additional notice. This can't be right or fair. I'd like to say that this is the only issue, but it isn't. We also had a mobile intenret account with them that they'd been overcharging us for months. They agreed that they'd overcharged us by £57 but say that we can't have a refund - they will credit it - what against they won't say. We also had another mobile phone with them - the contract ran out in September and I was offered a new contract at £8 per month as recompense for all of the problems we'd had with them. Didn't hear anything from them for over a month when a bill came in for £12.99 - the 'monthly bill' - not the £8 they'd promised, which they are now denying. I was also promised a new handset as this was a new contract - I have yet to recieve this. The old mobile phone is now not working - I visited the shop and they said because the contract with this phone had come to an end then it wasn't under warranty and I would be liable for any repair charges - despite this being a brand new contract. They have left me without a phone since October - after writing to complain they said they would 'loan' me a handset for 30 pounds whilst my handset was being repaired - as if. They are still presuing payment from me for a phone that cannot be used and for a contract price which is way above the price I agreed to. Kept phoning them but get a different person everytime with a promise to sort it out - I must say that the customer serice is absolutly dire. So we are left being persued for 2 contracts, having had months of payments taken out of our account for a contract that has expired and been overcharged to boot - no accountability from 3 whatsoever - we are continually being brushed off - I have lost the will to live and would never, ever recommend this company to anyone.

The trouble is, it is not a fixed term contract. It does not "come to an end". You have a minimum term, and then it becomes a 30 day rolling contract.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thanks for explaining this - I wish they'd explained this to me when we took it out - we have never had any written contract with them so weren't aware of this - just what we were told in the shop. Well, you live and learn. Can anyone help about the situation regarding the other contract that we have which was supposed to be for £8, but when we recieved the bill it was £12.99. They say we should have cancelled after 7 days, but since the bill came in over a month later, how could we have known? This too does not seem fair that they can change the terms of a contract. I've asked for a copy of the phone conversation where they offered me this contract, but to no avail - yet they must have this on file as this is the conversation in which I took out this contract.

Read and follow their complaints code (http://mybroadband.three.co.uk/Support/Contact_Us/Complaints_code)

Make sure that they know you were sold an £8 per month contract, and they can either put you on the £8 per month contract OR release you from the contract as it was missold. (use the word missold, as they get their wrists lapped for misselling if you complain to Ofcom)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 7 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks