Jump to content

help needed re charging order


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I have today 21/12/06 been to court due to having an intrim charging oredr put on my home for a debt that is over seven years old. the judge ordered that I be given 28 days to find legal advice due to the fact that is such an old debt. Does anyone know how I can find a solicitor that will be willing to help? PLEASE!!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I went today with that intention. I have been given 28 days to seek advice from a solicitor because the judge said that he would have thought that a good solicitor would want to ask why they are chasing such an old debt. The intrim order is still in place.


I need now to find a solicitor that is able to help. I did ring one before going to court and all they said was if I owe money then I must pay it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

what is the debt for? if it is a simple debt it may well be statute barred. the limitation act 1980 states that if you have not acknowledged a debt in writing or made payment for over 6 years, it will be barred. more info here:


National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 25 Liability For Debts And The Limitation Act


when did they obtain the original judgment? was it at the same time they went for the charge? you *should* be able to get it set aside. if you can post a bit more info i can give you a bit of help!


also, you could consider seeking out your local law centre, although they may have closed for christmas


The Law Centres Federation

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the judge flagged up the limitation issue you can probably rest assured that it will be an issue that he feels has merit in this case.


There will have to be another court hearing before the charging order is made absolute so you do have time to get the advice that you need. I would recommend that you do so as soon as you can. If you cant get a local solicitor to take it on go to the CAB as soon as you can after Christmas.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...