Please help me

mintymanda

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have started the process against the Abbey and received my letter this morning saying they are looking into my complaint so from what I have read this is standard from them so I should give them 14 days even though they have asked for 30 and send the next letter.

I would now like to start the process for charges against premierman catalogue, littlewoods, barcleycard, studio catclogue, argos card and capital one. Do I start with the same letter as with the bank to find out the ammount of charges I have actually occured on my amount? Is it six years on these too that you can claim? and do you have to pay £10 for eahc to find out the information that I require to start the process. I am finding the bank one okay but everything else I am struggling with no matter how much I read.

Pretty please somebody help me.

I might be a bit different from others I send the first letter giving 14days then often get a reply stating they want more time. I write back and let them know the date of the 14 days and that I will be filing a court case and after the 14 days I start proceedings. The banks all know what is going on and just like to stall and offer a small "goodwill" amount which I never take. You have to be strong!!! I might add it is generally longer than the 14 days before I get round to filing But I do not like to be screwed!!!Best of luck

I have started the process against the Abbey and received my letter this morning saying they are looking into my complaint so from what I have read this is standard from them so I should give them 14 days even though they have asked for 30 and send the next letter.

I would now like to start the process for charges against premierman catalogue, littlewoods, barcleycard, studio catclogue, argos card and capital one. Do I start with the same letter as with the bank to find out the ammount of charges I have actually occured on my amount? Is it six years on these too that you can claim? and do you have to pay £10 for eahc to find out the information that I require to start the process. I am finding the bank one okay but everything else I am struggling with no matter how much I read.

Pretty please somebody help me.

Try posting your query here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/

And if you are new i would have a good read of the

FAQS.http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

You really do need to read alot for yourself this is a selfhelp group, people will help you but you need to do a lot of the donkey work yourself.

And read through various threads in the forums you might be dealing with.

If i was you i wouldnt take on too many at a time, and you set the timescale not the banks/credit card suppliers/home shopping books.

AL;)

-------------------------

CAPITAL ONE * SETTLED*31st Oct 06

HBOS *SETTLED* 8th Oct 06

WOOLWICH *SETTLED*12thJan2007

Monument (Barclays) *SETTLED*10thMar2007

Thank you for your replys. I have read and reread but can not find the answers I am looking for. Never mind I understand there is another website just like this one who will be happy to answer by questions with proper answers so I will ask there.

Do I start with the same letter as with the bank to find out the ammount of charges I have actually occured on my amount?

Is it six years on these too that you can claim?

and do you have to pay £10 for eahc to find out the information that I require to start the process

Yes to each question

Hiya Minty!

I wrote to studio saying that the Office of Fair Trading had said that charges like the ones they were making were unfair (and therefor unlawful). I already had details of £100 worth of charges made against me by them for late payment. They sent me a refund of these charges within a week. My advise here is to point out that these charges are unlawful and to demand they pay them back or you will take action through the courts.

I had a similar problem with Littlewoods. However as the charge they make is £10 and usually follows some manual intervention (ie: a letter sent/phone call etc) it may not be as easy to have reimbursed. However, the only alternative they offered me was an arrangement to pay off what I owed over a longer period but at a hugely inflated interest rate or they would send in the bailiffs!! I managed to pay off what I owed bythe skin of my teeth but they have not heard the last of me by a long shot and I will be taking further action in respect of their policy viaThe Office of Fair Trading.

The Data protection act regarding information applies to all financial institutions (ie: 6 years). Sometimes the £10 fee is waived but is usually applicable.

Hope this is of some use to you. I am always here for moral support.

Keep up the battle,

Soldier Girl XX

:rolleyes:

Thank you so much Soldiergirl for your reply. It has been very helpful. I will do as you have suggested with studio and continue to following the others lines with each of the others. Littlewoods do put £10 each time but I have received many a £10 charges in one month. Also my account has been passed to a balieff company who keep changing the goal posts. I was told to pay £40 a month on no certain date which I did then I got a phone call to say I have been chargd as I never did as asked which I did so they set up a new plan saying £50 on the 27th of each month and I recieved a letter this week to say they have not recieved payment yet so have charged me again. Sorry but unless I have lost Christmas and everything the 27th isn't actually here yet. Also I was told that that as long as I paid this money by the date for six months straight with no problems they would take the default notice away from my name but with them changes things they are now saying this is not the case so have kept a mark next to my name. What would you do about that?

Thank you again.

Apologies for taking so long to get back to you.

The only thing you can do is to try to keep up your payments and keep every letter sent to you by them. Keep all payment details that you make as proof of payment. These catalogue companys can be a real pain in the backside and when I have finished dealing with my case against Abbey I will be sending a report about the way they behave (Littlewoods and Littlewoods Flexi) to the OFT as they are acting unfairly; if an offer of payment is made and is reasonable they should at least consider it and not try to make even more money out of us by suggesting a different payment plan with even MORE interest !!

Although you may not want a black mark against your credit record it would show as being satisfied once payments are made and is removed entirely after a period of time (IT used to be 6 years but I'm not sure of the current time limit so don't quote me on that one). I am endeavouring to have no more credit in my life as far as I can and am not worried about what the sods put on my credit record, but I recognise that everyone has different circumstances.

I hope you had reasonable Christmas - it's hard when you have all this worry on your mind but it does get sorted out (I speak from years of experience!). You may find it useful to go onto the forums for catalogues and also the one which deals with bailiffs etc (if you haven't already done so).

Keep up the battle

Soldier girl X :)

:rolleyes: