Garu vs Nationwide

Garu
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6278 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Letter received from nationwide, no you can't have money back, speak to ombudsman please, if they don't hear from us in 56 days they will close this matter.....

I'm polite, will give them the full 14days to refund, then submitting N1 to court on Monday 22nd.

Bless em.

G.

Hi Garu, I am also claiming agaist Nationwide. I have got all my DPA material and have written the preliminary letter. From reading other threads about claiming compounded contractual interst, I gathered that the advice was to advise the bank at the prelim letter stage by stating that you are going claim contractual interest if ti goes to court (include a schedule) . The bank then at least cant argue that they didnt have the opportunity to avoid the interest as they could opt to settle the claim before it reaches court stage. Of course , like you, I hope they send me the usual fob off letter so I CAN claim the contractual interest which will double my claim.

:wink:

Hi Quest,

The only option for saving money would be avoiding court costs, as from the beginning my letter stated I wanted my money, and interest on it, returned. It was not an offer of "if you pay me without court action then I won't claim interest".

G.

Preparing N1 claim for court...

1) Our template here is designed for S69, does anyone have some (proven?) wording for contractual rate?

2) Do I state "in the alternative" for S69 at this stage, will nationwide see a copy of this and think I will accept 8%?

3) Is it possible to attach a schedule of charges using MCOL, or shall I just go to the courts and submit?

Thanks.

G.

• 2 weeks later...

Overnight, they applied some "corrections".... several for £999, and one odd one so the "corrections" now equal the charges claimed exactly.

So the good news, I have my charges, and court fee, and some interest, but it's not 24.9 thats for sure!

G.

Letter has arrived with details of refunded:

1) charges (as per my figures)

2) Court costs (correct)

3) "lost interest" (which disagrees with my figure)

They do not state what rate the interest is calculated, but it's interesting that they use the term "lost interest" rather than "interest on owed amount".

G.

Opinions welcome, has anyone persued from here and actually got more back?

If not, I think I am going to call it a day, I have my money, and interest, a good gambler knows when to walk away from the table.

G.

Opinions welcome, has anyone persued from here and actually got more back?

If not, I think I am going to call it a day, I have my money, and interest, a good gambler knows when to walk away from the table.

Out of interest what is the differance between what they have paid you back and the amount you say they owe?

Twincarb

Nationwide account: requested statements...

Morgan Stanley account: requested statements

Its around £400.00, i have spoken to a Richard Huntley who has been very helpfull he asked me to fax him a copy of my schedule of charges and he would check them against their report and let me know where the differences in charges appear. He explained if they are wrong they will credit me straight away.

Out of interest what is the differance between what they have paid you back and the amount you say they owe?

Based on 8%, it's about £600, based on 24.9, it's about £5600.

G.