Partial Offer

jojomojo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Trying to look ahead, as i'm not up to this stage yet, but i've been reading that Barclays will probably either ignore my request of offer a partial (goodwill) refund.

Looking through the site I can see that the advice is to take this, however only as partial payment and continue on trying to get the rest back.

My question is if they do this, how do you let the bank know that this is accepted only as partial payment, do I literally just bank the cheque, send them a letter stating that I am still seeking the remainder and then file a claim in the court?

Any help would be great.

Dave

Hi Jojomojo.

Send a letter thanking them for their offer which you are glad to accept as part payment but you will be pursueing the balance in court.

There is a letter template in the library for this.

Click on this link for the letter....

Hope that this is of some help.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Perfect Rooster,

Thanks for the speedy help!

I have another quick question if your free

I've calculated my total charges at £3260

My 8% interest total is £593 (all according to the simple spreadsheet calculator)

In the prelim letter do i add in the 593 as the second figure, making the total (third figure) £3853?

This is probably really straight forward, but finding the instructions kinda complicated, as you may realise i'm not that good with Cash, hence the £3k figure for charges :)

Thanks again

Dave

Hi JoJo,

I assume you are referring to this paragraph:

"I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX ."

What this is referring to is overdraft interest on the fees you have been charged, not the 8% interest that you add when you go to court. Most people skip the overdraft interest as it is difficult to calculate. Just change the statement to read as so:

"I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX in charges."

Remember, add the 8% interest at the court stage.

Simmo

04 Nov 06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent

16 Nov 06 - Statements received - £2685.00 of illegal charges incurred

17 Nov 06 - PAR (Preliminary Approach for Repayment) letter sent

01 Dec 06 - Received Stalling letter from Barclays

02 Dec 06 - LBA (Letter Before Action) sent

18 Dec 06 - Claim filed with MCOL

20 Dec 06 - Settlement Rejection letter sent

03 Jan 07 - Claim acknowleged by Barclays

22 Jan 07 - Claim defended by Barclays

You wanna know how you do it? Here's how, they pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue!

Please click the scales at the bottom left if you find my advice useful. However, the advice I give is only my opinion based on my experience, I am not trained in Law!