meandmymac V HSBC

meandmymac

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok so the ball is rolling and on the 8th Dec sent off S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) for and am now waiting to hear back with statements. I have worked out roughly I have £2600 pounds over last six years which came as a bit of a shock as I thought this was way less than that.

Strangely the bank keep ringing me now and Ihave just been online and noticed that the charges for this month are now called

4 DEC DR NOTIFIED FEES/CHG

TO 22NOV2006

This is for 100ukp too I guess this is a way to get round the illegal charges so far? I am going to get my 2nd letter off in 2 days as have figures from statements. Heres hoping to a swift positive outcome

Regards

Tom

they are just calling them a different name - they are still recoverable. you need to decide whether to include overdraft interest. the spreadsheet does all the legwork. i can send my simplified instructions. you just need to get all your statements (or if you have them all from on-line, you could go ahead and start figuring what you are claiming back.

here are a couple of links to help:: Newcomer? Here's A User Guide, and

Charges description on statements - Please Read and : All HSBC Contact Info In THIS Thread ,

should you need help with the overdraft interest and how to conquer the spreadsheet try this link, post number 9 on this thread:HONEYGIE sees you HSBC! (multipage.gif1 2 3.

that ought to keep you busy for awhile. good luck with your claim. welcome to the group, tom.

It makes absolutely NO difference WHAT they call them, they are still punitive charges and do not fairly represent their incurred costs

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

• 1 month later...
they are just calling them a different name - they are still recoverable. you need to decide whether to include overdraft interest. the spreadsheet does all the legwork. i can send my simplified instructions. you just need to get all your statements (or if you have them all from on-line, you could go ahead and start figuring what you are claiming back.

here are a couple of links to help:: Newcomer? Here's A User Guide, and

Charges description on statements - Please Read and : All HSBC Contact Info In THIS Thread ,

should you need help with the overdraft interest and how to conquer the spreadsheet try this link, post number 9 on this thread:HONEYGIE sees you HSBC! (multipage.gif1 2 3.

that ought to keep you busy for awhile. good luck with your claim. welcome to the group, tom.

Hi lateralus

Thanks for the reply :) Ok I have been away for a month unavoidably, but managed to sent my SAR request before I left. On returning I have found that they cunningly have missed out lots of sheets from the statement list!! grrr so I am goin online tonight to get the full list! Anyway by tomorrow I should have the spreadsheet ready to send. Which do you think is the best one to use the simple or complex sheet and does it really matter? I am just going back to the FAQ's to remind myself what to do, but at least I have the ball rolling now! Thanks for the links and advice, if I get stuck I will give you a shout :)

Regards

Tom

tom, as for the spreadsheet - if you are trying to claw back some of the overdraft interest - you need to use the advanced - if you aren't, then use the simple one. just run a copy and cut off the 8% bit - as you don't ask for that until you file your claim - you aren't entitled to it until then - and the faqs say it just shows you don't know what you are doing.

so, use the template prelim letter - nothing fancy - asking for your charges - giving them 14 days. can start with branch, that is fine.

all correspondence sent recorded delivery. and keep copies of everything.

then start working on your lba for 14 days later - try to keep one step ahead - that way you work out the answers you need before you actually need them. if you decide to try the o/d interest bit - go back to that link to honeygie and look at the steps again - it should get you there.

tom, [snip]

so, use the template prelim letter - nothing fancy - asking for your charges - giving them 14 days. can start with branch, that is fine.

Hi lateralus, Ok I have worked out and completed my Shedule of charges and have a printout of the amended prelim letter ready to send, but as your message above, should I mail this back to the contact (Ian Sheperd - in Coventry) or send it back to the Customer centre in Leeds were I originally sent it? I have made copies and am going to send registered as recommended an am preparing for the next step so that I ready to go to court if needs be

Thanks for your advice and help

Regards

Tom

Thanks Netty

I will do that, just wasnt sure as having read some posts saying should send to local branch made me wonder if I was doing the right thing.

Like some many others I am just starting out on my journey, and am spreading the word of this wonderful site where ever I go :)

Regards

Tom