BT Total Broadband advice needed.

Semi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5631 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I Was shopping around for new broadband provide in October 06.

I obtained my MAC Code from Pipex, so that was all good.

decided to go for the BT Total Broadband Option 3 Package as i didnt have a wireless setup.

So i go onto the apply page, put "MY" name in the box. enter MAC code etc. get to the payment page its says direct Debit of £60!! ok on the front page it says £32 or so £.

So at this point i call BT up from the number on the page that says if you need assistance.

She explains this is to cover the phone line too.

Then i explained to the Lady that i dont pay for the phone, i just want to pay for the broadband at £32 as a direct debit.

She then explains this is not possible.

So End the call and close the web page (Did not enter any payment details or click confirm or anything, just closed the browser)

Couple days later i receive the welcome pack and home hub. i was like wth.

Then i go to complain via email from my normal connection. i find i have been cut off my broadband.

Now in my Residence internet is needed importantly for 1 person for definat as this is there work place.

So decided to plug the home hub in. my laptop pics up the hub and voila internet. so i go onto bt site and use the complain feature.

From then until now i have got 21 emails from a member of the customer support team. She after these emails she gives me a number to call to cancell the broadband. she said there would be no problem.

Been on the mobile for over 1hr tonight to them talking to managers saying no i agree to a contract blah blah. and i said no i havent.

"ME" James had started to apply for the internet but neva went thru with the process. and that they made a mistake and swent thru with the changeover.

Then we find out the set up a direct debit in my mums name. without any of her consent or know abouts. basically they have stolen my mums money from their mistake.

i been i n contact with pipex and i wont be able to get the same unlimited package again as it was cancelled.

So they are saying if i cancel they will send me a bill for the remaining 10 months at £32 a month.

they said that because i used the cd they sent with the pack that i would have agreed to the T&C. but i neva even touched the cd let alone load it, my laptop picked up the wireless and then windows did the rest, so i never even used there cd.

My mum is very upset, because she has been of work for the past 4 months due to an operation. so she has not the money to pay for this. but they are taking the money from her account.

What can i do?

last month i changed to Talk Talk, actually going thru with the process this time.

What can i do to get this cancelled without charges?

tnx merry xmas all

Ok i got contacted by BT today by "Emma Bowman" She was really nice and cancelled it for me with no problem at all, she was really nice lady, explained what was going to happen and gave me my mac code without hesitation. she also wished me a merry xmas too.

So if you find yourself in similar position try to get in contact with this lady.