Evri lost my Ebay parcel £844 - court claim issued ***Judgment***

Yes

- started in July, and then the case was stayed while the backlogs were being cleared.

I subsequently contacted the CNBC / MCOL and the Mediation service in mid-Oct 2023 (post #65) and then got a mediation appointment for 27 Oct 2023 (post #74).

Mediation was unsuccessful and since the case has transferred to the court,

I am waiting for the judge's directions and prepping the WS / Court Bundle in the mean time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I received the notice of transfer of proceedings letter - copy attached in post #89 above. While I haven't received anything else since, you mentioned it takes about 9 months to allocate to the court - see post #106

so i'm expecting there to be an update in March/April onwards as it will be 9 months since the case was first raised on MCOL in July 2023.

I did say that you are right.

But a case I raised in November, which now i look at post 89, it was made AFTER your notice of transfer.

No offence but you don't even have an allocation to a track, I got my allocation to a track at the start of the new year. WS due mid feb and I've got a hearing in march. 

I'm starting to get the inclination somethings gone wrong here.

I've just checked processing times for CNBC and its 31 working days to transfer the file from notice of transfer.

You've waited 64 by my calculations

That's over double.

I'm going to check my paperwork to see how long it took from being sent to court to directions issued but I think you may need to get in touch with the court.

9 months should be case done, not update.

Update has to realistically be like 2 months before a hearing date from my experience, although maybe the old MCOL takes less - It has to be at least a month by law, whilst you're on track for april/may hearing, you should really be getting directions by now i think.

just looked at my most recent small claims case:

Claim made  nov 15

defended dec 7

mediation was dec 29

directions were on Jan 9 

WX exchange was feb 12

Hearing date was set on feb 6

hearing set for march 19

I think somethings wrong with yours.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

just be aware in that time CCBC changed to CNBC.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

26 minutes ago, occysrazor said:

My claim was raised on the old MCOL.

copy your claim history here

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yea I'm aware of that but didn't think it would delay this much.

DQ by post would mean there will be some delay but I think at this stage its time to call/email the court the file was transffered to.

don't email CNBC or whatver it is, email the court that it was assigned to.

May be delayed there, but a quick call/email should clear things

Also I see its gone to a hearing centre, and I'm not sure on that, maybe someone else can advise, but that may delay things because its a hearing centre then to the local court,

not sure on that one but just thought of it.

• Thanks 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

I'm not sure about the hearing centre but i will get in touch with the court. I'll update here once i get more clarity.

Where did it mention about the hearing centre? Just want to check as I dont recall a hearing centre being involved

it says so on your last court letter go read it... says hearing centre Leicester.

many large court administration/county areas operate a hearing/clearing centre for all allocations at their county courts, thus saving money in each local court not having to duplicate staff.

• Thanks 1

and they

Claim history on MCOL:

• You submitted a claim on 19/07/2023 at 20:21:13
  • Your claim was issued on 20/07/2023
  • EVRi Parcelnet Ltd trading as Evri filed an acknowledgment of service on 01/08/2023 at 16:05:08
  • A bar was put in place for EVRi Parcelnet Ltd trading as Evri on 14/08/2023
  • EVRi Parcelnet Ltd trading as Evri filed a defence on 14/08/2023 at 01:05:42
  • DQ sent to EVRi Parcelnet Ltd trading as Evri on 15/08/2023
  • Case Stay Lifted on 07/10/2023
  • DQ filed on 07/10/2023
  • Case Stay Lifted on 10/10/2023
  • EVRi Parcelnet Ltd trading as Evri filed a DQ on 10/10/2023
  • Case Stay Lifted on 12/10/2023
  • Case Stay Lifted on 18/10/2023
  • Case Stay Lifted on 27/10/2023
  • Your claim was transferred to LEICESTER on 13/11/2023

Did you opt for  LEICESTER on your DQ as your local county court ?  There's nothing special about Leicester county court just a normal county court.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Ask them where is your N157 Notice of Allocation 

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Have been trying to call the court this morning but no operators are available. I've sent an email asking for an update including if there is a notice of allocation (N157) and any directions from a judge.

Received an automated reply stating there is a target of 5 working days to deal with incoming work, but due to increased workload, they are progressing work at approx. 29 days. I'll keep trying to call and speak to an operator.