Citi Cards - Cabot

Jeff2000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4425 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently received two letters from Cabot informing me that they have purchased a debt from Citi Cards. The letter also say that I should contact them

as a matter of urgency! So far I have not contacted them at all, and I will certainly not be contacting them on the telephone as I only communicate in writing as advised elsewhere on this forum.

I was in the process of claiming charges back from Citi and the account was placed in dispute via quite a few letters. There is also the question of Card Repayment Protection which I do not recollect asking for. If I was to be succesful in claiming all charges and CRP payments, then this would just about clear the balance.

So should I reply to Cabots letters yet or what? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Also don't hesitate to ask any further questions on this matter!

Many Thanks in advance!

J2000

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Write to Crapbot informing them that the account was and still is in dispute, and as such Citibank should not have sold it to them. Tell them nothing about why it is in dispute - it's none of their business :D

They should return the account to Citibank pending the outcome of the dispute. Make sure you complain to the Banking Ombudsman about Citi selling on an account that is in dispute.

Send the Crapbot letter recorded delivery.

Keep us updated in here.

Nil Illigitimus Carborundum

Thanks djweeble, I guess I should do the same with MBNA. They have also just sold an account to a DCA. This account was also still in dispute and in spite of making a repayment proposal!

Cheers.

J2000.

• 3 weeks later...

Jeff, Welcome to the Cabot debate :D Just as a side issue. I have exactly the same situation as yourself: Citi/Cabot/Kingshill. Citi was all charges when sold to Kingshill No1 Ltd who registered a default the minute they bought it. Cabot Financial (Europe)Ltd corresponded CCA'd them - no response & time up. Citi Financial sent a refund @ the charges less £12 off each charge using OFT guidlines bringing debt down by almost half leaving circa £500 which they sent to Cabot as the debt was sold to them. I am at present like tbern - about to strike :D

Hello Andrew,

I've just got home from work and guess what. Another letter from Cackbot informing me that they have purchased another cc debt from Citi. Both accounts are in dispute. I also had sent a repayment proposal for the second account to Citi just over three weeks ago. No reply whatsoever! I'll be hitting Cabot with a CCA request for these accounts. If they can supply the proper documentation then I'll inform them that both of the accounts are in dispute and shouldn't have been sold to them. Also will start action against Citi to recover charges. This lot should keep me busy a little while. Also been following tbern123's thread recently. Very interesting indeed!

Well, best of luck to everyone dealing with this pile of ****, or any other similar outfit.

Cheers, Jeff.

Hello everyone,

I've just received another letter this morning from Cabot. This time they are threatening to add interest on a daily basis if I do not contact them regarding repayment of this account. Of course should they be unable to prove ownership of this debt, then I will also be claiming back any charges and/or interest that they decide to add.

Jeff they can't start adding interest or charges UNLESS you have begun a repayment arrangement with them. Tell them to get "christmas turkey'd". They do that. If you have CCA'd them then just sit back and wait for them to default. Have you CCA'd them? if not send them this:

CCA Request:

I do not acknowledge ANY debt to your company.

I require you to supply the following documentation before I will correspond further on this matter.

1. You must supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit) - your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee, PO Serial Number xxxxx.

2. A signed true copy of the deed of assignment of the above referenced agreement that you allege exists.

3. You are notified that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not under S189 of the CCA 1974.

Non-compliance with my request is a criminal offence under the above Act and will result in a report being submitted to the relevant statutory authorities.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested.

Yours Faithfully

and don't forget to include your Postal Order.

Edited by andrew1
typo

Hello all,

I have sent CCA requests for both accounts over the weekend. I have one reply from Cabot this morning. It says "thank you for your recent payment. We would advise that interest, where applicable, will continue to accrue on your account until we have a repayment plan agreed." It then goes on to ask me to phone them and discuss a repayment offer. So basically it seems they have used the £1 payment for the CCA request as a payment against the alleged debt! What do you think? Has this happened to anybody else?

Cheers in advance, Jeff2000.

They can do whatever they like with the £1. You made a CCA request and enclosed the fee. They've acknowledged receipt in a roundabout way. You can draw one of two conclusions. Either they're attempting to hoodwink you or they're so crassly incompetent that they don't know what they're doing. It doesn't matter.

If they don't comply within the statutory deadlines they weaken their position and you should then make a complaint to your local Trading Standards and the OFT.

Hello all,

I have sent CCA requests for both accounts over the weekend. I have one reply from Cabot this morning. It says "thank you for your recent payment. We would advise that interest, where applicable, will continue to accrue on your account until we have a repayment plan agreed." It then goes on to ask me to phone them and discuss a repayment offer. So basically it seems they have used the £1 payment for the CCA request as a payment against the alleged debt! What do you think? Has this happened to anybody else?

Cheers in advance, Jeff2000.

HA HA ! :D Good ole Cabot - one thing is consistant though - the dumb staff they must employ. They did the same to a whole number of others at, took the £1 as a payment :p Can't believe they are still messing up like this - Poor ole Ken Maynard really could do with a better recruitment regime.

Seminole rarely pops his head up on matters Cabot, but I know he loathes them with a passion so any advice one gets from the master is to be taken seriously. Jeff- jsut sit back as he says and enjoy the silence.

Edited by andrew1
god my typing was bad back then lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Latest update: Another letter from these jokers this morning. It basically says that they have contacted CitiFinancial to "investigate my query". Although we anticipate a reply within the next 21 days, it can take up to 8 weeks if the information we require has been archived, and we therefore request your understanding in this matter.

So, basically they are admitting to not having possession of the required documents, and that they will more than lightly default on my request.

This letter was in connection with the same account as in post 11. Haven't heard a thing about the other account yet. Both my requests have been signed for though, 'cos I've checked on the royal mail web site.

Bye for now, Jeff.

Hi all,

Latest update.

I've just received this morning, a letter from a company called fire. (financial investigations and recoveries (europe) Ltd). It is about one of my old Citi cards accounts now with Capbot/Kingshill.

It basically says: NOTIFICATION OF TRANSFER OF ACCOUNT

Due to continued default of your above financial commitment, FIRE have been instructed by our client (Cabot afinancial (Europe) Ltd) to recover the full outstanding balance.

So they say that their client is Cabot, however in the right hand corner near the stuff like reference number and account number etc, it says:

Client: CitiFinancial.

So, anyone heard of this outfit? There address is a PO box in Bradford.

Thanks again, Jeff.

Hi all,

Latest update.

I've just received this morning, a letter from a company called fire. (financial investigations and recoveries (europe) Ltd). It is about one of my old Citi cards accounts now with Capbot/Kingshill.

It basically says: NOTIFICATION OF TRANSFER OF ACCOUNT

Due to continued default of your above financial commitment, FIRE have been instructed by our client (Cabot afinancial (Europe) Ltd) to recover the full outstanding balance.

So they say that their client is Cabot, however in the right hand corner near the stuff like reference number and account number etc, it says:

Client: CitiFinancial.

So, anyone heard of this outfit? There address is a PO box in Bradford.

Thanks again, Jeff.

FINANCIAL INVESTIGATIONS & RECOVERIES (EUROPE)LTD - Co Reg No:03958421 - Reg Office: Glebe House 2 Clifton Road RUGBY CV21 3PX

Previous Trading Name -----WAIT FOR IT FOLKS! -------

KINGS HILL (No 2) Limited - Number 2 come in please ! :D

(Name changed 14/03/05)

Directors Messrs Randal, Crawford and yes, you've guessed it -good ole Mr Ken Maynard! ( where would they all be without him !)

Don't I just deserve a big hug ! :D:D

...( and for the benefit of those who haven't been following our investigation of Cabot Debt Collection Group of companies on the various threads, this company is but another one of their Cabot Group disguised to make the not so unwary consumer/debtor think it is yet another 'different' company. If you receive communications such as Jeff has done from this company take no stick from these guys anymore than Cabot or any of the others - Cabot have passed your data WITHOUT your permission to yet another of their companies totally against the laws of the Data Protection Act - Information Commissioner & Trading Standards complaints letters off you go.

Hi again,

Thanks for that Andrew, it looks like they are up to more tricks.

Tbern, PO Box 28, Bradford, BD7 1WT

Recoveries manager, Francis Ingram.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Jeff.

Stunning Andrew just stunning. I believe Cabot had a collection/call centre operation in Bradford but thought they had sold it...well perhaps not it has probably morphed into another dogy Cabot company.

FINANCIAL INVESTIGATIONS & RECOVERIES (EUROPE)LTD - Co Reg No:03958421 - Reg Office: Glebe House 2 Clifton Road RUGBY CV21 3PX

Previous Trading Name -----WAIT FOR IT FOLKS! -------

KINGS HILL (No 2) Limited - Number 2 come in please ! :D

(Name changed 14/03/05)

Directors Messrs Randal, Crawford and yes, you've guessed it -good ole Mr Ken Maynard! ( where would they all be without him !)

Don't I just deserve a big hug ! :D :D

Same address as their Solicitors Hodsons and the Messaging Service ltf...

I didn't even know that (No.2) had started trading....

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

Same address as their Solicitors Hodsons and the Messaging Service ltf...

I didn't even know that (No.2) had started trading....

Opps Mr Maynard you forgot to register them with the ICO

tbern123 vs Cabot

Opps Mr Maynard you forgot to register them with the Information Commissioners Office

tbern, just a thought - Companies house says " previous names" not as I might have given the impression " previous TRADING names" it might not have ever traded in that name pre 14/03/05 when it changed to its' current name.

calm down ! :-D :-D

I thought that address looked familiar..

Hello I have just posted in my thread, all about the Kings Hill companies set up and name changing history... I'll do Cabot later one

tbern123 vs Cabot