MBNA threatening to sell my account..

pj41
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Mbna are threatening to sell my account to a debt collection agency on Friday this week.

I have sent a CCA request on 12th december for a true copy of the agreement. As they have not defaulted yet (12 working days) can I fax them and say account is in dispute and stop them from selling it?

thanks

pj

Guest Battleaxe

Yes, you need to teell them in writing that the account is in dispute. Do it urgently and get a receipt that the fax was received at their end, just don't trust it to luck.

Send it to the Data Controller at MBNA, that way you have specific position to trace it to if they claim they never got it.

Also contact the OFT with a complaint and send them a copy of the fax and the receipt acknowledging that the fax at MBNA at received the message (you know the fax log confirming transmission was sent). this way you have paper trail laid and a complaint started for investigation.

Nothing like giving them a bit of aggro.

It's called covering your bum

Hi pj41,

I have an account with MBNA which I had placed in dispute. However this hasn't stopped them selling the debt to Link Financial. I got confirmation of this in a letter from MBNA dated December 13th! I had about £1300 returned in unlawful charges, but this was about £200 short. Also they have continued to had charges at £12 a go!

Don't be too alarmed, it's just sabre rattling - they are loathed too, it will mean losing you as a customer.

You'll find that the deadline will come and go, and a month down the line they'll send you another letter saying the same thing in order to get you to call them and pay money you can't afford.

• 2 months later...