current account without credit check?

sarah13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4695 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Try CITIBANK.

I have got a bad credit record. But now have a current account with them.

If you need a overdraft they will do a credit check but if you dont want the overdraft they dont do one. I think you need to pay a certain amount in per month to get a cheque book. You do however get a Visa Debit Card without the Cheque Guarantee facility and it is not the electron version which certain on line sites wont accept.

Ceaser,

I did not want the overdraft. Arranged to pay my salary into the account but did not send my payslip off. If you dont want the overdraft facility dont think you will have a problem getting the account. Not heard of anyone on this or other sites i go on at times being turned down yet

Ceaser,

No dont think you have mucked it up at all. By the way think you will have have the new account details in plenty of time. took about two weeks from the day I sent my form back if not slightly shorter

As many people know, I have a discharged bankruptcy on my credit file, which also meant I have numerous defaults as well. I had a Flexaccount with Nationwide, but got sick and tired of their unhelpfulness and the fact that EVERYTHING had to be done online or in a branch.

I got a Citibank current account, with a Visa debit card (not electron) and a cheque book. I did enquire into an overdraft and credit card, but was declined both. However, the Visa debit card on its own has made life much easier!

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)

have been sent the stuff for citibank and after reading all that will be sending my application form tomorrow. Thanks for posting here, its so helpful x

I've beat HSBC, GE Money and Abbey

Court pending V Barclays and Time Retail

What fantastic information, thank you!

I'm not sure if I've made a booby by applying for more than one, but I did it anyway - would be nice if the one/s with the debit cards come through. One phonecall, and two internet applications. No overdraft or credit card requested on any.

I shall post my circumstances another time, but shall definitely be looking into claiming at least £5000 from Natwest.

petrafyde,

I dont think you will have a problem. If you have applied to two different banks as Citibank wont do a credit check it wont appear anywhere that you have applied there.

My next step will be to open a US dollar account with them as i am going out there for a holiday later in the year. Then i can transfer money into that and get the bank rate. Instead of buying currency and getting tourist rates. They also have a Euro account as well. My understanding is as long as you have a total of £2000 in any accounts you have with them then you have free banking on all the accounts. Otherwise they will charge a monthly fee for using the Dollar and Euro accounts

petrafyde,

I dont think you will have a problem. If you have applied to two different banks as Citibank wont do a credit check it wont appear anywhere that you have applied there.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. It would be very nice to not have the credit check, I've spent too long feeling the weight of the "credit check axe" over my head :-| Even just for a telephone line, when I already had one! (Tesco's, but thats another story!)

Great news ceaser. All i actually got was the debit card.

Ordered a paying in book from them so I can pay money in at Lloyds received that earlier this week then got the chequebook as well as another paying in book today. Also payment slips in the chequebook.

When you think about it, this isn;t a particularly geat deal, as if there's no money in the account, the bank isn't at risk (with no guarantee card) and that should they wish to play fast and loose with your money by adding charges for going overdrawn, it makes THEM a lot of money!

• 4 years later...

I have default in EX £906 - lloyds current account, since May 2010 - not settled yet

EX & EQ very low scoring - managed my easycash with Halifax very well - however they've declined me twice when applied for current account.

I'm fed up with Visa Electron but tried natwest yesterday and approved for gold current account.

However I didn't want overdraft facility when asked, so probably that's why application gone thru.

This is for your consideration, if you need visa debit (no flat maestro or electron); cheque book etc, but no overdraft. You can apply for overdraft later on. That suits me to be honest and I cannot wait when I get my card! 

However I don't have ccj, default only in EX. CC & EQ are clean (virgin media&next directory only but all paid on time).

Sorry for post in chaos, I'm posting from mobile just to share good news:)