Notes on Norwich Union's Claims System

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I need some advice if possible. I had a claim with Norwich Union Direct about a year ago. The claims system was a shamble, but somehow I found out that on their notes the advisor wrote "customer is ****ed".

Now I can appreciate that they meant I was upset (bloody claims system) but I object to that in my notes because it could be interpreted that I was drunk.

If I were to ask for systems access could I then sue them for those comments? Any help would be kindly appreciated.

Thanks.

lol...got censored. Edited, even though quoting facts, people seem to complain about it.

You could certainly sue for defamation of character, or under the Data Protection Act, bt the Data Protection Act would be against the person who input the notes.

However, I have a very sneaky feeling that if you requested the screen prints under a SAR, the comments will have "mysteriously disappeared" or toned down, so no claim can be made.

Sorry

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

Thanks for that. I think I will pursue it anyway, might get compensation for the time it took them to fix my car (a very long story). Would be interesting to see what they do, partially because I work for them.

OK...after lloydstsb and capital one the next on my hitlist is gonna be norwich union. Should they actually provide me with those notes then any idea what range i can claim for? hundreds, thousands?

nice avatar...a wildhearts fan at all?

Never heard of them!! looked on t'internet & it is similar!!

Doubt if you would be able to claim thousands, as the word p i s s e d can be taken into the context not happy, which they will claim. If it gets to Court and they offer out of court settlement, start haggling at 150% of what they offer

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

Cheers Craig,

Yeah one of the great british bands that never got enough recognition.

Thanks for the advice 150% of any offer is a good starting point, i'll keep that in mind. I'll send off a SAR and see if it is included in the notes. Might also ask for compensation for the time it took to fix my car but see what happens from any notes.

Red,

As you work for NU then i'm sure you are aware that when a SAR is made nothing can be changed. Advisors are told not to put anything in notes that could be offiensive as a customer can request to see all comms on them (SAR). This includes every page of notes, all calls relating to them and any letters sent by the Company.

Compliance deal with these requests regularly, and you should be aware if you work in the distributon side as its part of your training under 'compliance'.

If you need more information see the pulse.

(a fellow NU worker)

In Insurance, thinking "It wont happen to me" could mean you dont have the cover you want at a time when you want it! - Dont always reject a Courtesy Car or Legal because you find the cost too much! Whats more valuable? YOU or the Policy Premium?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please add to my reputation if my reply was informative to you. (click the scales);) Replies offered by me are not linked to anyone, and is from my own personal experience.:grin:

Hi Benjee,

Yes, I agree, the notes should be left on the system, but after speaking to someone in IT, there are ways for those notes to be "ammended" without the customer ever noticing. Sure, there are ways to check if it has been ammended but that is one side the customer never sees.

I thankfully no longer work in distribution, made the move to IB, so I'll keep an eye on the pulse. In the meantime I will wait till the new year before posting the SAR. I am just curious if and how much they would pay for it, after all I am in it for the money. Also, working for NU I am a bit cautious in case this does come back and bite me in the arse!!!

reddeath, I realise you are quoting facts on your file but please can you edit the post that actually states the word as this is an open forum and one of the rules does state about not using words that are swear words or getting round the filter. I think we got what you meant. Thanks

• 1 month later...

it is very easily amended but its also leaves a trace of the last activity but which user. PM me your claim number (should be a 9 digit number beginning with a 1 (theres been a new system in since august so i haven't used the old system much)

GE Capital (Topman Storecard) Won £180

Barclaycard Won £552

Halifax...your next!

Barclays Bank Student account..then you!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry haven't been back on this thread for a while. Still unsure if I want to chase this one up.

Lets face it if i can make money from it I am up for it. But it would have to be a serious amount. I am more annoyed at how long it took me to get my car back. Atrocious claims handling. I unfortunately had a couple of non fault accidents and every time they were hideous. So i simply don't insure with them. No house or car insurance, gone elsewhere and have no intention as a customer of ever re-insurring with them.

Lets just say that information was passed on to me.

RedDeath,

As you work for NU, can you not just report this via HR & the person concerned would be disciplined. If you went for damages etc for defamation do you not think life at NU would become a little unbearable for you ?

Just a thought !

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)