• Tweets

• Attachments (Exhibits)   FTMDave and I have called them "Attachments" but I note Andyorch used the term "Exhibits".  I don't think it makes any difference which you use but perhaps Exhibits is more correct.  Whichever you use, make sure you use the term consistently.  (i'm going to use Attachment for now).   You use Attachments as supporting evidence for things you mention in the numbered particulars of your claim.  Might be a report from a third party or a quote from a third party.  In the relevant numbered particular of your claim you refer to the appropriate Attachment supporting that part of the claim.  eg like this "(See Attachment A)".   You can use numbers or capital letters to identify each Attachment.  I don't think it matters which but be consistent in your usage.   It helps if the Attachments are organised and incorporated into your claim in a logical sequence.  (eg A, B, C etc)   Make sure each attachment is clearly labelled "Attachment A"  etc.   If it is not immediately clear to the reader what an attachment is, put a brief description.  Eg "Quote from XXXXX Ltd to complete unfinished plastering" or whatever.  Make sure the reader can understand what each attachment is.   Ideally each Attachment will be no more than one page.  So you can make the labelling of attachments even clearer by labelling them "Attachment A  -  page 1 of 1" etc etc.   If an attachment is longer than one page you label it "Attachment A - page 1 of 2" and then "Attachment A - page 2 of 2", or whatever it is.   By doing all that you are making it easier for the judge to follow - and you want the judge on your side...   Now - what you've posted in #109 is helpful because it adds up to to £16577.  Which is good.  But if I were the judge, I'd want to know where the individual items come from.     So what you have posted in #109 should - I suggest - be your final attachment.  Let's call it "Attachment H" for now.  So at the end of your particulars of counterclaim where you say you are claiming £16577 from the defendant, you put the reference "See Attachment H".   The judge then looks at Attachment H and sees a total of £16577.  What you then need on Attachment H next to each individual item on there, is a reference to which earlier Attachment that item comes from.  eg "See Attachment C".  The judge can then look at Attachment C and understand where the item on Attachment H comes from.  By doing that rigorously and methodically for each item on Attachment H you are justifying each item and the total of £16577.  Yes?   Your schedule in #109 is OK but raises questions that need answering.  eg: spelling as spotted by Honeybee13 Grand total as spotted by Honeybee13 TBA or estimates as per my previous post and Honeybee why is it in two separate sections (£8577 and £8000)? The item numbering is absolute garbage At the end of the day it is going to be the detail (or lack of detail) in your attachments that will win (or lose) you the case.  It has to be just right and you have to be consistent.  It has to be logical, methodical and consistent so it can be understood immediately.   I don't want you to give me answers to these questions.  I want you to act on them.   As I said earlier, don't post any more work you have done for now.  Wait until FTMDave is back this evening so we are all working from the same page at the same time.   If Andyorch or FTMDave suggest anything that disagrees with me, go with what they say.  They know more than me.    
    • Hi again I sent my letter off on Monday, signed for delivery as I wanted to make sure it's got there, it was finally delivered yesterday Last night I had a text from them:   "There is a 50% settlement discount available on your account.  If you cannot pay in full this can be paid across 3 equal monthly instalments of £339.57.  To take advantage of this offer please visit" and then a website link.   Hopefully they will be in touch soon to say they've taken the letter on board and will leave me alone now.   I'll update this thread if I hear anything, it really helped me to see others had been in my situation. Fingers crossed
    • It hasnt caused tfl financial harm, those cards are paid for by the public purse. Your abuse of that is what you need to get acrossYour   id also state a criminal record will destroy your future career totally.   Dx
    • sure, this is the email i will send today unless there are any changes i should make?   Dear Sir/Madam,   I am emailing as I wish to ask for an out of court settlement regarding my case (case number). I realise that my actions have caused TFL financial harm and for that I am truly sorry, and would like to help remedy this in any way. Whilst there is no excuse for my actions, at the time, I was struggling to afford transport as a student working only 6 hours a week. Student finance did not provide maintenance for masters and on top of this, I was on universal credit during that time. I have since been paying for the travel using my bank card and despite going into overdraft multiple times, I continued to pay the full fare for the past 4 months and will continue to do so. This is a mistake I truly regret and am willing to pay the entire amount stated to settle this as soon as possible. Thank you in advance for your consideration.   Kind regards,    
    • Ex-Credit Suisse chief António Horta-Osório went to Wembley on same day he attended Wimbledon.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Stimpycp Vs. Hsbc

stimpycp

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently won my fight against Halifax, and I'm now after bigger game with HSBC. A good few hundred quid all in overdraft fees.

How can you take £125 a time for that?

Preliminary Repay letter in. "We'll get back to you in the apocalypse..".

I forgot that they're only allowed 14 days, as was put in my letter, and after a month- Sent my Letter Before Action. I'm now waiting the 14 days before Money Claim Online time..

Merry Christmas. Fight the power.

• 5 weeks later...

Oh yeah, I also got a letter near (well a few months near) the beginning of this process offering about half- I don't think so!

Anyway, I've Moneyclaimonline'd and I've about 4 days left on the 21 allocated by the court, to receive a decision from HSBC..

Funnily enough, got a letter today- They are offering me all the money they took..but not the Moneyclaim Online fee or 8%apr. It doesn't even mention the court action. I suppose it's a standard thing for them.

The 'steps to reclaim' document on the forum says don't accept anything less- which I won't of course (let's be honest, they wouldn't even offer a penny to anyone if they would win in court!). They're jsut trying to reduce the amount being asked at every step.

My question:

At 4 days left of the court's 21; Do I write to tell them I want ALL the moneys, or phone, or wait and continue to court?

Perhaps they are replying to one of your earlier letters pre-MCOL, and are in fact offering you everything you asked for at the time.

It might be worth a phone call to whoever sent the letter, asking them if they are aware that you have taken the matter to court and that you now require a further £XXX (court fees) and £XXX statutory interest.

Tell them if they will pay your claim in full, you'll be happy to bite their hand off for it ....... whilst standing on your head! Otherwise, you'll be quite happy to continue with the court.