Its only me....

Guest malcolm_s

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5637 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest malcolm_s

Hi,

I'm Callum, based in the Scottish Highlands, where I struggle to maintain a small retail business. We used to run a shop which ran into cashflow problems, in part caused by HBOS taking the Micky with unlawful charges.

Mistake no. 1: combine your Business, Personal and Mortgage under the same supplier (HBOS).

Almost 11 months of battling with HBOS to do something ("OK, yes we didn't pay any of your Direct Debits for 3 months due to a mistake on our part, but it couldn't POSSIBLY have had any financial impact on yourselves. OK, you came into our branch with suspicions after a month, and yes we told you they WERE being paid, but again that wouldn't have any financial impact. Anyway, here's a £100 to fob you off - we'll get that back off you in a week or two anyway!". Needless to say, even that promised £100 took many phone calls and visits to our local branch to actually get them to do it. We lost £1500 in windfall shares with Standard Life alone because payments were missing at demutualisation (S.L. have kindly written us a letter to send to HBOS's Customer Obsfurcation department, for all the notice they will take).

Our experiences with HBOS are frankly so bizare we have trouble believing them ourselves. A week ago we finally cornered an HBOS department into commiting to a callback with answers within 20 minutes. After 15 minutes we got a most bizare phone call from their Internet banking arm. The caller admittted that he did not know what he was calling about. It was apparently a response to a callback request made on our Internet account. It looks like the department concerned had hacked into our internet account, faked me requesting a callback to discuss new products, simply so they could say HBOS did call back within 20 minutes! There's many more like that.

I'm very much a Newbie here, so I'll shut up and try to learn the basics before we go any further. What happens, incidently, if your claim turns out to be too big for Small Claims?

Keep up the excellent work!

Hi Malcolm.

Start by spending a few days reading and absorbing the FAQs and the step by step guide in the library section. That will answer most of your initial questions.

When you feel comfortable with them, then start your own thread in the

SCOTLAND FORUM. and post any questions and progress reports there.

You will be able to draw on the experience of users who are already dealing with the Scottish Institutions.

Click on this link for THE SCOTTISH FORUM....

Good luck with your claim.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....