Capquest/First Direct Logistics/Concilian Group

ivorbiggun
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i have actually spoke to HFO a couple of times now since my 'card' was delivered (I have been warned on here not to do this - good advice!) but to be honest i just wanted my debt to be cleared. I wished i had not bothered!! They have my number anyway so it was a matter of time till i started getting 'the dreaded calls' lol. They have rang me now nearly everynight for the past 11/2 weeks. The first time i called them I told them how much i could pay weekly and they asked for my credit/debit card details (Like i would really give that to them!?!) I said i didnt have a credit card so they wanted my bank account details, then they said they couldnt authorise this because its a joint account - but they said they could use my husbands account whaaaat??? My husband just basically laughed at them. So now im supposed to pay cash over the counter through barclays bank every week to their account number.

Now I keep getting calls from india from the same guy asking if i made payment...yea i did in the manchester branch i said....staffordshire branch? No Manchester! Where did you say..Staffordshire? NO!..Manchester!! Gloustershsire?? Flippin heck...NO...MANCHESTER!!!!!!!!! :lol: Miss...xxxxxx there were 3 payments made on the date you said you paid and we dont know which one is yours.... The one that paid the most..i replied!! (at this point i think he knew i was taking the mick)

(I didnt pay anything!) as i am going to pay 3g direct!!

Honestly...what a bunch of idiots!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My wife received one of these "sorry we missed you" cards. Being christmas she didnt give it another thought. However, when she got off the phone and gave out her mobile number she had a gut feeling something was not right. After looking on the internet about this company she found this site and another site complaining about the company. She rang them back and demanded they didnt send the package and removed her number from thier files. She would complain to the TS about them. They said they were only a delivery company for HFO! She told them if HFO want to write to her they can by normal means of RM.

So what is the next step of action this company will take? Will they still deliver or call her mobile? She is feeling really silly for fooling for this card. At this time of year she didnt give it another thought.

What is my next step? What can I do? I think my wife owes money to some company cant remember as she had not heard from them for a while until now. Is there anyway that she can pay the creditor directly instead of dealing with company?

I cant believe the tactics they went to. This company is a waste of space and needs to lose thier right to collecting money.

Hi there, had i "sorry we missed you card" noticed straight away it was iffy! being an ex cop i spot theser things! lol called OFT and they said they would investigate as they suspected premium rate phone call [problem]! They called back and said when you call the 08000720723 number you get diverted onto 09066611911 which is charged at............£15p/m!!!!!!!! :eek: £15 fecking quid per minute!!!! i also did companies house check on the company numnber and sure as **** they were listed as other types of business! nothing filed! One hint though to anyone out there who is good at making websites, i checked there firstdirectlogistics.com website and the domain is up for sale, so buy it and warn everyone of the [problem]!!! :grin: that outta **** em off a bit! meanwhile i am taking this poxy card down to the copshop and will make a complaint of harrassment and attempting to obtain moneys by deception, and whatever else i can think of in the meantime!

• 2 months later...
I'm at home all day today looking after the rugrats whilst they're off from school. I'm sitting in front of the TV with them watching Higgledytown Heroes.:rolleyes:

The postman arrives and I ignore the letters dropping onto the doormat. When Higgledytown Heroes finishes I get up and collect the post. There's a card amongst the post from First Direct Logistics which looks like the card the Post Office and other delivery companies use. If I had a scanner I'd post it up. Strange I thought as no-one rang the doorbell. :confused:

The card says:

First Direct Logistics Limited

Redelivery Hotline: 0800 072 0723

Enquiries:firstdirectlogistics.com

www.firstdirectlogistics.com

_ Sorry, we missed you! (This is ticked)

_ Still waiting to hear from you!

We attempted to make a delivery to you

Time: (Blank) Today's date: (Blank)

Name: Ivor Biggun

Address: (Blank)

Reference Number : 1234567890

We're looking after your:

_ Recorded Delivery _Parcel _ Letter

_ Special Delivery _Packet (This is ticked) _ Perishable iten

Because:

_ A signature is required _ We need instructions from you (This is ticked)

:rolleyes:

I went onto their website which seemed too crap for a company wanting to market themselves as a delivery business.

Then I googled the bit at the bottom: Company No. 05580262 A member of The Concilian Group.

It came up trumps with Capquest but on another forum. I thought it was strange as all the xmas pressies have been delivered and my last internet order was a set of (boring) wiper blades which I have sitting in front of me!:D

It was only when I turned over the card that I realised that it had been posted to me and has postage paid from Kingston.

Should I carry the card with me in case I find a public payphone to call them back?:D

Sneaky buggers.

thanks a lot xxx pmsl i got the same letter an was gonna phone em when i saw your post.what sneaky buggers that capquest are

thanks for all the information guys.i too got that card today.capquest phoned my elderly mother how they got her ex directory number i dont know .i dont even live with her.plus they have phoned 3 of my neighbours who have come over askin me to phone capquest.for principle id rather go jail then let those blood suckers get a penny from me

i too recieved one of these cards today! looks like i had a lucky escape not phoning them!!!! espcially at £15 a min... and looked on line and found u guys... thankyou. so instead im off to trading standards and police station to report them too!!! lets hope it helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank goodness I found this site! A "sorry we missed you" note was posted through my letterbox. I had just ordered two things off ebay and the note came through on the same day so I didnt think anything of it. I was going to call them tomorrow but thought of googling their company after the website they gave me didnt work. I found this forum and after reading I wont be contacting them and I am quite worried now. The thing is that I'm only 17 years of age, I don't work, I hardly ever use my bank card and all of a sudden I'm in debt :S thats worrying me!

I really dont know what to do, can anyone offer any advice to me as I really don't know how I could contact trading standards or complain about this, bit too young, never had anything like this happen to me before! :(

Thank goodness I found this site! A "sorry we missed you" note was posted through my letterbox. I had just ordered two things off ebay and the note came through on the same day so I didnt think anything of it. I was going to call them tomorrow but thought of googling their company after the website they gave me didnt work. I found this forum and after reading I wont be contacting them and I am quite worried now. The thing is that I'm only 17 years of age, I don't work, I hardly ever use my bank card and all of a sudden I'm in debt :S thats worrying me!

I really dont know what to do, can anyone offer any advice to me as I really don't know how I could contact trading standards or complain about this, bit too young, never had anything like this happen to me before! :(

I would not worry about anything at this stage. Nothing established in terms of you being allegedly in debt. Obviously some kind of [problem] is going on and the relevant organisations are being made aware. Just sit tight and read the advice that accrues on this thread.

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

• 2 weeks later...

Fantabulous forum... I am glad I checked up on line here before calling CQ. Sorry for whinging but is there any idea on how this happened and what I should do?

You see, before Xmas I got a letter HL Legal saying they had been instructed by CQ to recover a bought debt from HSBC for £34k - my missus was not impressed.

I googled them, found this forum and shed loads of disgruntled people who got the same so I decided to ignore them. Three letters later I am being told they are filing for bankruptcy unless I pay them £24k in 14 days. Strangley, there is no court reference except I should know I can set it aside at Derby Combined Court (I live about 154 miles from Derby). Again no reference number to give to the court should I contact them. If I dispute the claim I must contact the individual in the letter ONLY.

The main issue is this - I moved in with my girlfriend so I could help with her mortgage. I gave the address to my bank and changed my drivers licence - all legal requirements of course. The only other thing we did was try to get a mortgage so we could get her ex off the deeds. Is this how CQ got the address - I had a couple of small debts amounting to no more than £500 dating back to about 2001 but I can't see how they got the name and address?

Thanks in advance...

Fantabulous forum... I am glad I checked up on line here before calling CQ. Sorry for whinging but is there any idea on how this happened and what I should do?

You see, before Xmas I got a letter HL Legal saying they had been instructed by CQ to recover a bought debt from HSBC for £34k - my missus was not impressed.

I googled them, found this forum and shed loads of disgruntled people who got the same so I decided to ignore them. Three letters later I am being told they are filing for bankruptcy unless I pay them £24k in 14 days. Strangley, there is no court reference except I should know I can set it aside at Derby Combined Court (I live about 154 miles from Derby). Again no reference number to give to the court should I contact them. If I dispute the claim I must contact the individual in the letter ONLY.

The main issue is this - I moved in with my girlfriend so I could help with her mortgage. I gave the address to my bank and changed my drivers licence - all legal requirements of course. The only other thing we did was try to get a mortgage so we could get her ex off the deeds. Is this how CQ got the address - I had a couple of small debts amounting to no more than £500 dating back to about 2001 but I can't see how they got the name and address?

Thanks in advance...

Ok now im scared, your telling me that they have changed the amount you owe them from 500 pounds to 35k?!?!?!?!

• 2 months later...

Hi Blink,

After a while and some carefully crafted letters from this site, they have now left me alone. I think they just tried it on really.

On another matter, a couple of years ago, I took out a car loan soon after which I lost my job, couldn't keep up the payments. They repossessed the car and disposed of it in auction. Then they claimed I still owed them £2737. I moved house and didn't get any more letters (even though they had my previous addresses - I moved back to my parents) so thought nothing of it. Then I get a call out of the blue from a company called Go Debt. They say I owe them £4900 as the debt has been assigned to them. They have sent me a copy of the CCA but I can't see anywhere in the original agreement that I should owe them 27% for every year the debt remains unpaid.

I have no issue paying them back (if I had a job) but am not happy about the extra £2200 in interest. Can I offer to pay the original debt monthly - while questioning the additional interest?

Hi Goodbadrum,

No nothing and I believed the debts to have been written off as such. I am trying to get my credit report from Experian but it is proving difficult with their systems. Has anyone else had problems getting hold of their reports?

• 4 weeks later...

I found out that I owe 190 pounds to PayPal, I don't have a job and i'm not over 18 but i'm not going to use these as excuses. So my question is this:

The amount I owe is 190 pounds and this is because of a charge back, I had taken the money and spent it and the person I sold the items to charged for their money back. Is it possible that this amount of 190 pounds can ever increase as this amount was forced upon me, I never made the decision to take out a loan or anything and made no agreement to a percentage increase each year as you get when you take out a lone (I don't know the real terms sorry).

I am very willing to play back this amount back but as i'm at college I am unemployed and thus i'm finding it difficult to get 190 pounds from anywhere at the moment and so my only worry is that it may increase while I try and save up.

If it turns out that it their is a chance it does increase I will have to turn to relatives to lend me the money as I would rather owe my family money than a company that is threatening me as they are.