Capquest/First Direct Logistics/Concilian Group

ivorbiggun
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5430 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm at home all day today looking after the rugrats whilst they're off from school. I'm sitting in front of the TV with them watching Higgledytown Heroes.:rolleyes:

The postman arrives and I ignore the letters dropping onto the doormat. When Higgledytown Heroes finishes I get up and collect the post. There's a card amongst the post from First Direct Logistics which looks like the card the Post Office and other delivery companies use. If I had a scanner I'd post it up. Strange I thought as no-one rang the doorbell. :confused:

The card says:

First Direct Logistics Limited

Redelivery Hotline: 0800 072 0723

Enquiries:firstdirectlogistics.com

www.firstdirectlogistics.com

_ Sorry, we missed you! (This is ticked)

_ Still waiting to hear from you!

We attempted to make a delivery to you

Time: (Blank) Today's date: (Blank)

Name: Ivor Biggun

Address: (Blank)

Reference Number : 1234567890

We're looking after your:

_ Recorded Delivery _Parcel _ Letter

_ Special Delivery _Packet (This is ticked) _ Perishable iten

Because:

_ A signature is required _ We need instructions from you (This is ticked)

:rolleyes:

I went onto their website which seemed too crap for a company wanting to market themselves as a delivery business.

Then I googled the bit at the bottom: Company No. 05580262 A member of The Concilian Group.

It came up trumps with Capquest but on another forum. I thought it was strange as all the xmas pressies have been delivered and my last internet order was a set of (boring) wiper blades which I have sitting in front of me!:D

It was only when I turned over the card that I realised that it had been posted to me and has postage paid from Kingston.

Should I carry the card with me in case I find a public payphone to call them back?:D

Sneaky buggers.

23/05/06 DPA Sent to Halifax

I Love You All :D

Guest The Terminator

I'd pass a copy to trading standards impersonating a postman is a serious offence:D

I also noticed on the CH website that they hadn't filed any accounts,sounds dodgy

Ive had some very nasty dealing with capquest - namely sending me a letter threatening me with prison if I didnt pay up a debt.

Whilst they did not state implictly that im off to prison they stated that a COURT OFFICER..........STATEMENT UNDER CAUTION......ENTER HOME......SEIZE GOODS......FAILURE TO ATTEND .....COMMITTAL TO PRISON

you get the idea - I sent the letter off to TS and they werent impressed withit at all - it seem these jokers sail very close to the wind regarding trying to obtain money!!!!

I can always post a copy up here if anybodies intersted!!!

I had the last laugh though as it was for £200 all charges for Natwest who settled last week for over £2.5K!!!

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

Hi,

Be very cautious of any of the CapQuest group of companies, they also use the name HL Legal and another firm of solicitors they also use Telogram. They are sharks who are currently being investigated by police and Hampshire Trading Standards.

My advice is that if you have to deal with them do it in writing and never give them your phone number, I have heard of people being phoned by them 10 or 12 times a day both at home and at work.

You havent seen my natwest thread then have you coz I gave them a right gob full when i phoned them - i bet theyd never met anybody like me HA HA!!!

my favorite quote

Them - Madam you been on the phone for 4 mins and 24 sec and you havent let me speak

Me - Well Im paying for the damn call so shut the Feck up and listen....

I didnt know they were being investigated though doesnt surprise me from the tone of their letter to me!!!

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

Sooooo good to hear about Capquest! I think the OFT is on to them now as well. Reported them yesterday to the OFT who promptly called me back and told me they were looking into taking their licence away! Brilliant! They say I owe them £2500 and it would be such a nice present to write that one off! They have until this Saturday to respond to my CCA! Yey!

Merry Christmas one and all!!!

I had a debt with capital one which has got passed onto Capquest, i sent them a financial statement along with an offer of payment. (Debt is for £762.00 i'm offered £7.48 per month.) Recieved a reply saying they had accepted.

After reading about them, i'm getting a little bit worried because it all seems a bit too good to be true, them accepting payment for such a small amount, Out of Curiousity what am i to expect from Capquest regarding my account?

I had a debt with capital one which has got passed onto Capquest, i sent them a financial statement along with an offer of payment. (Debt is for £762.00 i'm offered £7.48 per month.) Recieved a reply saying they had accepted.

After reading about them, i'm getting a little bit worried because it all seems a bit too good to be true, them accepting payment for such a small amount, Out of Curiousity what am i to expect from Capquest regarding my account?

Unprofessional, threats of violence and incompetent and fraudulent behaviour, including your payments to them "disapearing"

And thats when there having a good day!!

;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After paying the accepted amount for a short time, maybe a couple of months, you'll get a letter saying they have reviewed your account and want you to pay something silly like £50 a month.

Don't even think about doing as they say. If you can only afford £7 or so then so be it. If the letter does arriverespond by stating you have reviewed your financial state of affairs as well and conclude you can only pay them £1 or £2 or whatever. Tell them to like it or lump it.

I am assuming that you have made them jump through all the right hoops and that they have provided all the right paperwork. Bear in mind that what they want is the maximum return for the least amount of work. You should, at the very least, demand a statement of account from them and probably every other bit of paper as well.

After paying the accepted amount for a short time, maybe a couple of months, you'll get a letter saying they have reviewed your account and want you to pay something silly like £50 a month.

Don't even think about doing as they say. If you can only afford £7 or so then so be it. If the letter does arriverespond by stating you have reviewed your financial state of affairs as well and conclude you can only pay them £1 or £2 or whatever. Tell them to like it or lump it.

I am assuming that you have made them jump through all the right hoops and that they have provided all the right paperwork. Bear in mind that what they want is the maximum return for the least amount of work. You should, at the very least, demand a statement of account from them and probably every other bit of paper as well.

Well all i sent was a financial statement and a offer of repayment,Did'nt send a cca or anything else since i did'nt thnk i could because i have already accknowledged the debt because i was paying this debt to legal and trade when they had it.

• 4 months later...

I have just received one of these cards from First Direct saying they are attempting a delivery. However, I recognised the name and have no intention of calling them. I would think this is an illegal act. Trying to get information under false pretences. Does anyone know what action can be taken against them?

• 2 months later...
I have just received one of these cards from First Direct saying they are attempting a delivery. However, I recognised the name and have no intention of calling them. I would think this is an illegal act. Trying to get information under false pretences. Does anyone know what action can be taken against them?

my wife recieved one of there cards today i am going to complain to the oft and the fsa and im going to write a snotty letter the capquest.

• 5 months later...

I sent this shower a CCA request, it full timed out so they got the letter, out of time then ohh scarey threats again, so another copy, and then another all sent recorded and signed for, NOW a letter syaing that they did send the copy of agreement (!) on two occassions, I hav'nt had them, once, maybe, but not twice and what about all the other papiren?

Why have I such a feeling of porkies?

• 2 months later...
my wife recieved one of there cards today i am going to complain to the oft and the fsa and im going to write a snotty letter the capquest.

Hi I was going to start a new thread in regards these cards this shower send out but I hope it is ok to add a post to this thread. I thought it may be ok as this thread already highlights the issue of firstdirectlogistics. I have just recently received one of these cards - suggesting they have tried to deliver a package and that I should call them.

K65, can I ask how your complaint is going, are you getting a favourable response? If you are then I wont have any hesitation in submitting a complaint also.

Capquest in my experience will accept small token payments, then get HL to threaten you with court action for not paying...when you have been paying...then they whack on a large amount of interest..so your debt to them will never decrease :mad:

Lovely bunch of people :rolleyes:

Capquest in my experience will accept small token payments, then get HL to threaten you with court action for not paying...when you have been paying...then they whack on a large amount of interest..so your debt to them will never decrease :mad:

Lovely bunch of people :rolleyes:

If its the account I believe it i they should not be sending it as they are over the 12 days but under the 30 days for a CCA request. I wont be entering any correspondence etc until the 30 adys are up and the correspondence will be going to them via their local trading standards office.:lol: Though I will send an SAR with the reference number they gave on their silly misleading card, but i wanted to highlight this card again. I see ome of the support and advice given at a level way above where I am at, so hopefully I can provide some support to others albiet at this lower level. But I remember when I first starting reading this forum how much the small details helped myself. You know what I dont care what these people try and do any more as could not care less if they were able to do there worse.

• 1 month later...

I received one of these so called "delivery cards" this morning, funny really because my mum was in all day and said it came through the post?? Odd. What do i do about it? I think its so cheeky gettin hold of someone that way, its wrong! Can anyone give me some advice? Im really annoyed and dont want them to get away with it!! Anythin would be a help, cheers

Hi Emily, my OH got one of these and he tried ringing, the penny dropped when he found himself in a queue! They wrote a letter a couple of days later saying that we had received a notice of assignment, very clever (not) - We scanned a copy of the postcard and sent it to our local TS and replied to them saying that as they were well aware he had not received the notice and CCA'd them, they sent the £1 postal order back and we have returned it once again, the latest is a threatening letter from their tame solicitors which we've replied to to-day, don't let it get you down, its a disgrace these people are still allowed to operate!:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

I have had persistent problems with cap quest who also manifest themselves using other names and have also used the old "card trick" of dropping a "sorry we missed you" note from a company by the name of First Direct Logistics. I almost fell for that one until i saw the card actually had a postmark on it!!

Basically my view and i dont mind telling the w.....s that call me from these companies is that they are **** and i am having absolutely nothing to do with them. I tell them that they are the lowest form on earth, that they have no right calling me and if they do all they are gonna get from me is a whole load of abuse. I have challenged them several times to take me to court which believe me is the last thing they want cos most of them have criminal records a mile long and the last place they want to be is in front of a county court judge.

People don't be scared of these guys. They cannot do anything except to pester you and if they do its a good opportunity for you all to take out all your stress on whichever **** happens to be on the other end of the phone. Swear to your heart's content, call them names and basically give as much abuse as you possibly can. Also never ever give out any personal information on the phone. They will normally ask you to confirm your date of birth and post code etc. Tell them that they have no right to ask you your personal details and you will not let them have it. Do not even confirm your name to them as by law you don't have to tell anyone over the phone who you are.

Only way anyone is ever gonna get a penny out of me is a) if i have got some extra pennies left to give and b) only after i have made them go through expensive litigation for which they are gonna have to pay.

Remember, its you who is in control and its you who calls the shots. If you can come to some sort of arrangement that means having a huge chunk knocked off the original debt then fine if not let them suffer. Debt collection companies have brought it upon themselves and if they want to spend the next 20 years chasing me for money which i am never gonna have and they are never gonna get then so be it. I just see them as my personal "stress relief" who have no choice but to take all the abuse i can give them and be able to do sweet FA in return.

Hi, Last friday i had a blue/white card drop through my door stating to be from a delivery/courier service trying to deliver a package to me.

Not being very clever i phoned the number thinking my ebay purchase had arrived! I couldnt get through friday and tried again today. I got through to a girl who promptly asked for my postal code (normal i thought for a delivery) so i gave it.

She replied-'Oh, its a package that doesnt need signing for so it is being sent out to you'. I asked why, if it didnt need signing for, did it end up going back to depot and what was the point of sending a postcard by post telling me to ring a number so they can send the package out again!!!! (did not make sense!! - but then it clicked with me - as i do have some debt) by now i kinda realised i had been had.. She told me that they are only a courier service and nothing more, also they send the postcards out so they can confirm that the 'packet' is going to the correct address only.

I asked her to confirm that it was a packet and not a letter and she did. (she said the packet was from HFO- Proof - ha!!!!!)

Everything condradicts what i have read on here..

After what i have heard i cant believe they are allowed to do businessl in such a decietfull way!

Also does 'logistics' mean distribution service? if so is their heading fraudelent marketing/advertising? ...just a thought?

I think this company needs to be shut down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I a few days ago recieved one of these postage cards, i assumed it was my g/f's avon order.

On ringing the number i too was basically lied to over the phone, "you have a package from London... blah blah blah - we will pop it in the standard post" - it clearly didn't make sense and i actually said to the clear pure voiced lady on the phone, "are you new?" (workwise). She did reply "yeah i am, sorry ive only been working a couple of days and just need to check that i don't mess anything up, you postcode is **11 *** and you live at *address*, this is correct isn't it?"

"could i take a phone number just incase"

I did give my phone number but knew something wasn't correct so i changed the last 2 digits on quick thinking!

I would like to get a complaint in for this & would love to take the lying buggers down!

I'm a debt-free man & am shocked that this kind of tactic has been used by Capquest.

What is my next step of action? complaint to the T/Standards?

Hi Suzie s,

It just happened to me yesterday. And i deal with this card almost same as you did. Would you tell me what would they do if I comfirmed my address to them. Oh.. this morning I received a letter and their company leaflet from HFO. I should I do?

Thanks

cmwd