Lloyds tsb - strange one

barrycl

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anybody help me - I issued my LBA recorded delivery just over a week back and received a letter back yesterday from Lloyds. It states all the normal nonsense as why charges are there etc, but then goes on to say that as a gesture of goodwill they are going to credit £750.00 into my account in the next few days. They have not said that this is in full and final settlement or put any other restrictions on me they are just going to credit it.

The question is that the amount I have asked them for is for £2107.00 - if they just go and put this into my account - Can I sue them for the difference?

Please help because I thought that they would normally offer an amount of money - the way my letter reads they are just going ahead and doing that - and then perhaps thinking that I will just go away.

Hi me again,

Just called the bank and they have confirmed that it is just a gesture of goodwill - they will be crediting the money and then it is up to me if I decide to go ahead with the legal action. Seems that they are getting inundated from the way the chappy was speaking.

He was also very straight forward in saying that this is not a full and final offer - there are no restrictions and it is not any addmittance on their part - it really is a gesture of goodwill.

Is this some sort of underhanded way of helping their defence in court???? If they ever did defend??

Hello and Welcome

First of all don’t panic - you will soon have your money back in your hands where it belongs!!

Yes…you can claim back your charges, even if you were late paying, even if you went over your limit and even if your DD Bounced!!!

It could be a lot of banks and CC companies do this part offer!! However personally and for formal records I would send them this letter (amend for your own info)

Thank you for your letter dated 24th October received by myself today, 30th October 2006.

I accept your offer of £1100, as partial settlement of my claim, on the understanding that I will pursue the remainder through the court. I am confident that should this matter proceed to a hearing I will win, unconditionally.

I will consider the claim to be settled in full, £1460 and will inform the courts accordingly when I receive payment of the full amount on the claim including costs, £230 and interest £524.60, and the removal of the default. At today’s date this is £2215.60 and is continuing to attract interest at a daily rate of £0.00022.

You can play around with it a bit more but its a good starting basis for you.

Remember the banks have acted unlawful you haven’t!!!

Before you start anything make sure you read the FAQs and as many threads as possible as there is a wealth of information on here!!

Before you begin, make sure you start your own thread in the bank forum you are claiming against. Here you will have other “experts” who know how that particular bank reacts. As you have already posted this one, I assume you already know how to do that!

First of all, if you haven’t already, you need to get hold on your statements. You do this by sending them SAR letter. Remember you can claim back for the past six years, including closed accounts, mortgage, credit cards, car finance, loan accounts and even accounts that are with Debt Collection Agencies and Bailiffs!!!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

If you already have your statements then you can start by sending them the Prelim letter.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html

Remember its important to open a parachute account, especially if the charges are spiralling out of control and you have little or no money left, at the end of each month.

If your account goes into a negative balance after you have transferred your banking, send them this notice to prevent them taking any further action.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/5078-10-data-protection-act.html

If you get stuck have a look (by searching) to see if your question has already been asked by reading other people threads, if you are still not sure either post your question in your own thread or PM me and I will be happy to help you.

Also look for another newbie claiming against the same bank as you, that way you can do your claim together and support each other as the post drops through the door!!

Sometimes the banks act awfully and you can get very stressed out by it all. But stick to your guns - you are in the right - they are not. Don’t let them put you off, that’s what they want to do!

Hope this helps

Good Luck

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full