kegi takes on halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi to all

following my post on the welcome forum I am now [i think]ready to have a go for my family members .??

my 1st I have all the statements of my son inlaws 2 accounts with hali a cashcard acc and a c/c acc roughly between the 2 £3202 ?should I do it in two seperate claims because I have it in my head if I start putting all the dates into the spreadsheet some will no doubt be the same date and would that not throw the s/sheet into confusion and me of course...and the c/card acc is £1500 over his spending limit already and he is struggling to pay it and they are still charging around £109 a mth in % and late fee..

my second?

I have d/loaded a simple s/sheet from vamps page at bottom and it has in the last 2 cols #name? which makes no sense to me do I have to take that out so it then works out 8% for later on

also most of his charges are as notified is there a key shortcut to put that into all the rows to save time

hope this makes sense

kegi

I am replying to my own posting and have decided to go with two claims

I have found another s/sheet via google which does work adding interest at 8% have filled it in and then took out ref to interest for my first schedule to be sent with prim letter one ?on that sheet is a ref to date of claim does this mean from date of first charge or is it ref to court claim if that comes

if there is anyone out there who could answer this please

kegi

I am replying to my own posting and have decided to go with two claims

#

Yes it's best to keep bank a/c's and credit card a/c's separate

I have found another s/sheet via google which does work adding interest at 8% have filled it in and then took out ref to interest for my first schedule to be sent with prim letter one ?

Correct

on that sheet is a ref to date of claim does this mean from date of first charge or is it ref to court claim if that comes

Date of court claim

thanks micheal

thought so so I took out ref to that as well for my first schedule

it just details charges with dates and son inlaws name and bank acc no and bank name and of course total £2141

will send it off now with prelim letter

thanks again

done the cash card acc ready to go off now I am sorting out the c/card acc have done the sums but not knowing anything about these cards am in need of advice the card had a limit of £3500 there is owed at present £4954 the card was cut up 2 year ago and as I mentioned in my opening forum post s in law has struggled to pay this off and as no chance at £40 p/month

I have summed up all charges less ppi which is something I will sort out later all are overlimit and late fee charges same day each month of 25 pounds each total £847 but on each statement there is two interest payments one large 50£ ish and one smaller 16£ ish to me this smaller must be on the charges because if he is £1500 above his limit my sum is out and they are still adding on each month a total of £100+ can someone tell me how they have gone about this

kegi

OUCH! £116 a month being added on, against payment of £40 a month? That sounds a bit silly, but typical...

I have a Halifax One card as well, I've not paid anything personally since about March, as I've been out of work. But, the blighters took money out of my Hx bank account directly, and that caused me to be hit with bank charges and go overdrawn - which is why I started action to reclaim those.

They are stinging me for late payment fees, interest, you name it. What I've decided to do is let that continue - I can't pay anything and they know that as I sent them a full explanation of my circumstances. In time it will be passed to 'Blair Oliver & Scott', which is just another department within HBOS really. At that point they should stop interest charges and adding any more to the total, by then I hope to be back in work and can enter into a reasonable repayment scheme with them.

I'm not worried about them taking that kind of action, yes - it goes on my credit record but that will stop me getting any deeper into bother! I'm also going to be claiming back the charges they've applied, and in that case will be forced to let it go back onto the account to reduce the balance.

They were calling me loads of times every day, so I issued them with a letter from this site to get that stopped. It worked.

I can't advise on what to claim in your case although I would take any sort of 'fee' and 'charge' and total them up, then send that off. If it's wrong then they will no doubt correct it as you proceed.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Hilli thanks for that it is exactly the same for s/inlaw and why he stopped his wage going in the other acc I have told him same not to pay anything till they agree to stop any charges or interest being added on.I agree anything he can get back off the 2 acc will go off the c/c balance thats fine. its just this interest thing it must be claimable on the amount over his s/limit the forums I have read up on suggest so but ?is which of the two interest charges or could I put in the letter +interest and then wait to see if it goes as far as court...

I was also thinking of telling them if they are prepared to write off the c/c balance in return for him not claiming all that I am going to claim ie £3700 say against a balance of £4900 maybe they might go for it:)

some of the already winners must know the answer......

thanks again remind me start supporting donni now instead of sheff wed

I have yet to tackle the Card Services lot , and I'm not looking forward to it. Until I work out what they owe me, against what I actually owe them, I have a feeling they'll just repay the charges against my account and I'll still owe them money.

It may be worth having a go at suggesting they write it off, but you need to start a claim first. If you just make first contact with that idea they will not be very receptive, as their mission seems to be to go for the throat!

Do the usual paperwork, send in a claim, let them make an offer and then call them and see if they'll settle.

PS. Bad news for anyone travelling to Donny Rovers ground after this weekend - it will be shut! The new stadium opens next week...

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

thanks hilli I am going to do two seperate claims I will forget about the interest part of the c/card not knowing what else to do will send off next week see what happens and let you know

kegi

merry xmas ..roll on sunday my day for the pub round with the lads

Wish I could say more on the subject, but have yet to start my credit card claim so can't relate to the problem.

What I'll be looking for are entries like' overlimit fee' and 'late fee'. It then gets a bit complicated in working out what part of my bill has accrued what amount of interest, if I can work it out. All I know at present is that they are adding £53.50 a month to my CC account, so a heck of a lot of this must be due to charges they've made.

I'm leaving it until after Christmas as I can't concentrate on it right now.

• 2 weeks later...

my claim now in for as above first post £2141 on his cash card acc

put other claim for £879 cc charges on ppi thread as it goes along side that mis sold £600+ charges

could be interesting all three in together

fingers crossed

kegi

just an update

sent prelim letters 2.1.07

got usual reply reply back ..just getting lba ready for next week

just been to daughters s/in law has a letter there from a solicitor sutcliffe or other bet I can guess what it says his c/card acc is now been passed over to them ....let you know later

kegi

further update

sent lba off today had nothing from them since prelim.

been to daurs s/in law received a letter today from credit card acc stating if he doese'nt pay xxx by 21st they will default the acc and bla bla

just sent a letter back stating if it was'nt for charges etc he would'nt have this problem and if they settled his claims on the credit card that would be a big step forward

also pointed out the acc is now in dispute till claims are settled will see what happens..

for hilli

still keeping it to charges only??? also told them there is no point in trying to pay anything on the acc while they are still adding on charges and interest ..no matter what they do

kegi