Jump to content
EMMAWIL

Emma V RBoS

Recommended Posts

Started my war against RBos yesterday after going to my bank to plead them not to charge me £28 for going 32p over on my account (I put money in the account as soon as i was aware of it about 4 hours later!!!) Anyway they said NO so in a strop i sped home and got my letter printed and cheque signed to get my statements back.

 

Been debating this for a while but yesterday was the final straw lookin forward to a new year and a new bank account anyone know any decent ones???

 

Em.

 

(:-xme yesterday)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recieved the first package of my statements from RBS today i'm claiming for two separate accounts this one adds up to £264 was gonna post off my letter tomorrow to ask for these back or should I wait till i get the next lot through and ask for them all at the same time?.

Opened two flex accounts with Nationwide and have transfered all my direct debits and salary over to them, not giving RBS another penny!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No reason to wait.....get your letter off!!!


If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

 

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

 

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RBS - COWBOYS !!!

 

Had to phone RBS today as they still haven't sent out my other account statements "we will re-request them free of charge bla bla bla"

 

Went onto my online banking and they have taken the £10 fee from my account along with a "Historical Statement Fee" of £5 and yes you guessed it sending me over my limit again pending a further £28 charge :mad: !!!

 

Straight on the phone to charges department,

:they said "along with the £10 fee you sent us we also charge £5 for requesting historical statements"

:I said "you are not allowed to charge more than the statutary £10 fee for the data protection act subject acess request, which you have already taken"

:they said: "you should have been informed of the additional charge?"

: I said "well i wasn't, so you have taken money from my account without my knowledge or permission" (think i should charge them for putting me overdrawn without prior arrangement!)

:they said: "we'll have to look into it and call you back"

 

They phoned 5 mins later and said the charge had been refunded it was a mistake! and they will ensure that no charge is levied on my account. ;)

 

They also mentioned that my statements for the other account were sent out yesterday so should be with me any day now.

 

Bring it on !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heres an update of my progress so far looking for some advice now:

26th Feb - sent off my letter requesting payment of charges on two of my RBOS accounts (The letter included a schedule for both accounts 1st account £176, 2nd account £585, a combined total requested of £761)

no response within 14 days

14th March - sent off LBA

16th March - recieved a letter saying "thanks for my letter of 1st March 2007, we do not agree bla bla bla........ However having reviewed your case and as a gesture of good will and without admission of liability in this instance we are prepared to offer you £176......., To accept this offer in full and final settlement of your complaint please let me know by completing the reply letter attatched"

The reply letter states Re: Account number ********/**-**-**, which is the account number for the 1st account and the claim of £176, there is no mention of my other account or the amount in total im claiming.

I am unsure if I send the acceptance letter that this will mean I cannot pursue the claim for the 2nd amount of £585?

Are they trying to confuse me into saying "yes il accept, claim over" or do they deal with the accounts separately. I haven't recieved another letter for the other account and was going to accept the refund but state that I will continue to pursue the request for the other account and start court procedings if I dont not recieve the money for the other account.

Does this make sense?

Advice greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simply put in your letter something along the lines of:

 

I accept this settlement for my claim against account xxxx only, please send the cheque at your earliest convenience.

 

However, there is still a (EDIT - not complaint) claim outstanding for account xxxx for £xxx and as you have failed to reply with regards to this I will now be issuing a claim for the full amount, plus the standard 8% interest and costs.

 

Try and jazz it up a bit too, just written quickly.....


If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

 

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

 

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edited post #7


If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

 

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

 

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this okay?

.........

Thank you for your letter dated 15th March 2007. I accept your offer sent 14th March 2007 for settlement of my claim against account: ******** only. Please credit the account at your earliest convenience.

 

However, there is still a claim outstanding for account: ******** for £585. I am giving you a further 7 days in which to issue your final response letter and then I will pursue recovery with a County Court if necessary for the amount of £585, plus the standard 8% interest and costs.

I have included for your attention the schedule of the claim for account: ********.

Do you think anything else should be added?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Is this okay?

 

.........

 

Thank you for your letter dated 15th March 2007. I accept your offer sent 14th March 2007 for settlement of my claim against account: ******** only. Please credit the account at your earliest convenience.

 

However, there is still a claim outstanding for account: ******** for £585. I am giving you a further 7 days in which to issue your final response letter and then I will pursue recovery with a County Court if necessary for the amount of £585, plus the standard 8% interest and costs.

 

I have included for your attention the schedule of the claim for account: ********.

 

Do you think anything else should be added?

 

 

 

Great, just need to have a look at the grammar around here (in red).

  • Haha 1

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

 

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

 

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, lookin for help !

I have recieved my refund of the first account (£176) but have heard no more about the second account the claim for (£585), they didn't even acknowlede the letter (above) had been recieved they have gone over the "7 days to issue their final response", now i think it's time to start court proceedings but i can't find the threads there are so many.... and i'm cracking up with uni work at the mo can anyone give me some advise or direct me to the threads i need to look at.

Greatly appreciated

Emma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Head over to the library. Also there is a Guide in the FAQ section that tells you everything from start to finish.


If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

 

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

 

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following my post on 19th April I recieved an offer from RBS for £409 for the outstanding account, which is £179 less than i'm claiming for. I was going to accept this as part payment of the amount outstanding but plan to go ahead to claim the remeining £179 outstanding through the small claims court I was going to give them a further 7 days to deliberate this then go for it.

Any thoughts? is this the right plan of action?

Emma.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Please fill in your quit date here

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?




  • Tweets

  • Our picks

    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.
       
      THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 
       
      I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • I was talked into signing up with Future Comms (future-comms.co.uk) who cold-called me to change my mobile contract to them, via 02, rather than EE. I have a small business (only me!) and it's a business contract. True, the 4G network is better for my area. This company seemed to be a marketing set-up for various telecoms companies, so I assumed anything I signed would be with 02 and didn't think it might be a problem.
       
      They sent an email whilst I was on the phone to set up the direct debit mandate with my bank which I signed electronically. That was the first, of many, problems I found. Apparently THAT was my contract, binding me to 3 years and no 'cooling off' period, because I was a 'business' (meaning any consumer rights did not apply). When I subsequently asked in writing for a copy of my contract, that is what they sent - when I argued it was a DD mandate they insisted it was my contract!
       
      2 days later they asked for my phone details to get it unlocked which I sent. 10 days later, EE closed my account, so I changed the SIM card to 02 that had come a few days before. No network! They had done nothing about unlocking it. Fortunately I was lucky with EE who managed to give me the right codes, rather than the usual 10 days to go through Samsung.
       
      By this time I was suspicious of their set-up and wanted to cancel. As I said earlier, I found myself trapped into a 3 year contract with no 14 day cooling off period (they don't offer that). Promises to deal with my complaints never happened, promised return calls neither....and on and on.
       
      Ofcom's rules apply to consumers and small businesses (under 10 employees), yet this shower don't acknowledge that. They just repeat and repeat that I am a business so it doesn't apply. To cancel the contract I have to pay the full 3 year's fees!!
       
      I would like to know if others have had similar experiences? Or does anyone know how I can maybe declare the 'contract' unenforceable? I have never before been locked into something without a clear written contract, with t&c's! And, yes, I have asked, and yes, I have been ignored.
      • 84 replies
    • Future comms!. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415706-future-comms/
      • 10 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
×
×
  • Create New...