Barclaycard retaliation

danny_kiernan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I had a claim against barclaycard - for £276.00, they sent me a letter stating they would repay £108 of the amount as a goodwill gesture.

I was quite happy to leave it at that, as basically is money for nothing - I didn't reply to the letter though and they paid it into my account anyway.

About 7 days after the repayment from barclaycard - they sent me a letter reducing my credit limit - due to a default on my credit record.

I contacted experian and equifax and got my credit reports back - no defaults on there whatsoever.

Now I am going after the full amount as barclaycard are taking the mick.

I am wondering if there is anything I can do about their reprisals, it is a bit different to an account closure though.

For example can I offer to take them to court, as the account is in dispute and they have made changes to the account.

Or can I contact the ombudsman as they are clearly taking reprisals against me?

The really weird thing is my business card with barclaycard got it's credit limit upped - in the same week that my personal account credit limit was lowered, and as a sole trader, my credit limit is affected by personal credit ratings.

Dani