is this an unlawful parking ticket?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can't help with the image - but can you explain what you think is worng? Is it a local authority ticket? Is it signed?

;)Halifax £1,240.00 - Preliminary Letter sent 6/11/06

:???:Standard reply received 8/11/06

:pOffer received 11/11/06

:rolleyes:Offer rejected 21/11/05 and LBA sent

:wink: Claim filed in County Court

its from a traffic warden, on the page in the inside it says ''road traffic offenders act 1988'' ''in circumstances giving reasonable cause the beleive that an offence was being or had been commited, particulars of which were given at.....''

it refers to an offence number.

''if before the end of the 21 days from the above date, the above sum (being the fixed penalty for the offence''

i got the feeling that refering to it as an offence rendered it an unlawful ticket? thanks for your reply :)

Only if parking enforcement in your area has been taken over by the local authority and there are some areas where it is still a police matter. OUr area went to local authority this year - but I think there are still some who are in the process of transferring. Not sure of the time scale, but if it is a local constabulary then offence is the right word.

;)Halifax £1,240.00 - Preliminary Letter sent 6/11/06

:???:Standard reply received 8/11/06

:pOffer received 11/11/06

:rolleyes:Offer rejected 21/11/05 and LBA sent

:wink: Claim filed in County Court

• 3 years later...

Hi there just spent hours looking through threads and it's been very useful. However i'm still unsure what action to take with my parking fine!

I went to a gig in Fat Sams nightclub in dundee and parked my van in the Lidl car park across the road, stupidly not thinking the parking charges would occur at night! Much to my surprise i got a fine through the post from Athena ANPR Ltd!

I read ealier lot's of usefull correspondance of a similar circumstance with Athena but still unsure whether to ignore their demands or what?

Any help would be great. Thank you.

Looks like you need to read a few more threads again I think. First thing you should have learnt is that these scamvoices are not FINES at all!

Do not appeal (there is no such thing really)

Do not telephone them

Do not write to them

Do not reply to their mail

Do not pay them

just read that the colour should be noted too, mines not?

its issued by a traffic warden and payment to be made to strathclyde police

What you have is a Fixed Penalty Notice, not a Penalty Charge Notice.

PCNs are issued by Council staff (or contractors) and their content is tightly defined in law.

An FPN is a piece of paper that invites you to accept responsibility for the offence and pay a standard charge or elect to go to Magistrates' Court to fight the accusation. The contents of an FPN are not defined in law. If you elect for a court trial, the FPN is voided and replaced with a court summons.

What you have is a Fixed Penalty Notice, not a Penalty Charge Notice.

PCNs are issued by Council staff (or contractors) and their content is tightly defined in law.

An FPN is a piece of paper that invites you to accept responsibility for the offence and pay a standard charge or elect to go to Magistrates' Court to fight the accusation. The contents of an FPN are not defined in law. If you elect for a court trial, the FPN is voided and replaced with a court summons.

I think as that was posted in 2006 they would have realised that by now!! ;)