Really Need Some Help Please

dagrat

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.

Could somone help? Ive just gotr all my statements for the last six years and i think i know which charges i can claim back.

But there is a charge i get every month (example below)

INT TO 23 nov-A/C ******** 35:29

CHG TO 23 nov-A/C ******** 40:00

Now i know that i cannott claim the interest, but what is this other charge, and does anyone know if i can claim it back? It ammounts to a very large portion of possible claim.

I initially thought it was a maintenance fee but now im not so sure.

If anyone could help i would really apprecuiate it.

Hi everyone.

Could somone help? Ive just gotr all my statements for the last six years and i think i know which charges i can claim back.

But there is a charge i get every month (example below)

INT TO 23 nov-A/C ******** 35:29

CHG TO 23 nov-A/C ******** 40:00

Now i know that i cannott claim the interest, but what is this other charge, and does anyone know if i can claim it back? It ammounts to a very large portion of possible claim.

I initially thought it was a maintenance fee but now im not so sure.

If anyone could help i would really apprecuiate it.

The Interest have you been going over your overdraft? and if so is it because of charges?

Is there anything written beside the charge(£40) and is it for 2 charges?

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Thanks for replying No there is nothing else next to it but the charge is different some weeks. Which makes me think it is some sort of charge for going further over the o/d or some sort of account charge for maintenance.

The two seperate charges are always next to each other as the example above. The interest one must be the addede interest due to fluctuating o/d. and the charge below it is often different but never goes over £40:00. ( Sometimes 20 somtimes 10 sometimes 35 etc)

Thanks for replying No there is nothing else next to it but the charge is different some weeks. Which makes me think it is some sort of charge for going further over the o/d or some sort of account charge for maintenance.

Ok you can claim the charges back. I would also phone your bank and ask them to confirm exactly what those charges are for.

Also if a charge has put you over your overdraft you can claim that back, but only the part that is a direct result of the charge. It is complicated to do though.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Im probably wrong but i thought that we could v

claim all charges back and it was up to the bank to explain where and why. Am i wrong?

Also as i am permanently o/d how would that effect the charge and claiming?

Im probably wrong but i thought that we could v

claim all charges back and it was up to the bank to explain where and why. Am i wrong

You can claim back the charges what you can not claim back is fees for example an overdraft fee or your account fee. You will need to confirm what these charges are a quick call to the bank should sort this out.

Many thanks lively lad . Just one more silly question, when we claim back six years is that jan 2000 to now or dec 2000 to now? I know ist a daft question but need to know. Thanks a lot

Many thanks lively lad . Just one more silly question, when we claim back six years is that jan 2000 to now or dec 2000 to now? I know ist a daft question but need to know. Thanks a lot

Ok claim back from when you sent the SAR to your bank.

Lively I was going to suggest a thread on Royalties Gold and Unarranged Borrowing but this is the second query re the same charge and as answered to someone else maybe the same person, the charge is £28 Unarranged Borrowing and £12 Royalties Gold account charge. Seems like the beast is being tamed.