what do i do know?

dublubbin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I filed my mcol 28 days ago today and I've heard nothing from HSBC or DG, so I thought yipee I can press the judgement button on mcol but when I went to do it today its been halted. Also when I got home today I missed a letter that needs signing for, so I guess that may be from the court, bank or DG, so what do I need to do know? Please help me, starting to get nevous now:?

Hiya,

I'm not 100% sure but from what I gather if you can't press the judgement button, it probably means a defense has been entered at the last miniute. Can you speak to someone at MCOL to ask them this? (I filed N1 form at Court so not sure how MCOL works). Also, none of the letters I received from HSBC needed to be signed for so it may not be this.

Sorry I could'nt be more specific, hope someone else can.

Lisa :)

yes, the defense will have been filed. did you send dg your breakdown when you got acknowledment? even so, i'm pushing for people to send another breakdown as soon as dg have filed defense - so, as they have 59 copies of it by now - go ahead and e-mail them one more right now - to [email protected].

in a couple of days you will receive from the court: their defense, a change to your local court and an aq for you to fill out and file. hold on to that - don't do anything yet except to look for the aq deadline and mark it on your calendar. just to get comfortable with it, read:Allocation Questionnaires - A guide to completi

with any luck - you won't need to file as dg seems to be sending offers at about the same time as the court papers arrive. hope that's the same in your case.

but send that breakdown.

yes, you've just entered a different stage in the procedings -

the aq deadline will be on the paperwork from the court which you should get a couple of days after they file their defense - it is usually around 14 days from the defense - but with holidays and all - just look for the deadline on your paperwork when you get it. - keep it in mind - you will need to file it if you haven't received payment from dg by that date - it is usually local and can be walked in right up to closing time on the deadline.

fingers crossed you'll have your offer, accept it and get paid before that happens.

yes, cross out the confidentiality clause and send it right back.

ok, read post number 6 up above that i wrote yesterday again, we have always been advised not to halt the claim until the money is in your hand and here is some new info: forgive the cut and paste:

20/12/07

babs, new info - i asked the question on crusher's thread and lively lad (good man that he is) gave the reply. pass it on to other's as i have to dash..............

hey crusher, how's about a quickie....

question that is:

there are several people now who have had offers, accepted but it doesn't look like the money will come through until after the aq deadline.

am i right telling them they need to go ahead and file it before the deadline passes, even though they have signed the acceptance. bit of a grey area for me, unchartered seas........ yeah or nay, a lot of people will struggle to find that extra dosh at this particular time. what say you?

thankx for the input.

from lively lad:

I would firstly ask tell the bank you will need:

a) The cash deposited into account or a cheque before the AQ date

b) Failing that written confirmation of the offer.

c) I would also inform the court that you have reached a settlement and you are awaiting payment ask them to delay the submission date by 1 week.

so when you have your aq deadline, keep the above info in mind and be sure to follow lively lads advice.

and lastly:

Sticky: When You Get Your Refund

ok then,do I need to tell dg I need the cash now or the bank,also I havent had my aq through the post yet and so dont know when the deadline is,how soon does the aq come through after the defence has benn filed? ( sorry for all the questions ):confused:

a couple of days.

it's dg you are dealing with once you filed your claim.

remember, don't halt your claim until the money arrives.

wait for the paperwork, to see your aq deadline.

try to establish contact with dg once they have had time to get your acceptance back (you could fax it). if the deadline appears to be looming - use lively lad's advice above. the hard part is over -you've got your offer - just need to get the money now.