BarmyBlu vs Barclays

BarmyBlu

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well i have jumped in at the deep end after a few days reading up on what to do.

It was only after joining this site today & getting a bit of expert info from rooster that i finished off my first letter and spreadsheet of charges and hand delivered them to my bank, obtaining a signature from the unsuspecting customer service rep (amazing what you can get away with wearing a crash helmet, this ex-courier has still got it..lol)

My claim is for the last 6 years and totals £2,169 plus the interest

Thanks everyone for some invaluable information

See what happens next !

Thanks i will..was as nervous as hell for some reason when i walked into the bank, but am now looking forward to see what happens next.

Have drawn a lot of confidence in the threads and posts on this site.

Thanks all...will keep you posted

BB

Oh S**T

Thinks i may fell at the starting gate.

Have just gone through the prelim letter and shedule of charges spreadsheet that i submitted to the Bank yesterday,...I have asked them to give me back the £2,169.59 they owe me for charges relating to the last 6 years plus the interest (£2,800.06) Totaling £4,969.65.:)

I should not have put the interest figure down as this would be the sum of interest claimed at the court.

Being so impressed by Vampiress's Fantastic charges spreadsheet I have entered the second figure £2,800.06 instead the first figure £630.47 on the letter:-( ...

Although all the figures relating to all charges and interest due are clear on the spreadsheet i wonder if the Bank will understand it?.

Any one with any ideas?.

if thats statutory interest @ 8% just send them an amended letter and schedule of charges. They only flick through these documents anyway and send out a standardised response as they're getting so many, and their tactic is just to delay and hope you fall by the wayside.

My point is they won't notice, but to be thorough and accurate and to give them ample opportunity to setlle before court then re-send amended prelim.

Hi dunnie

Thanks for the advise...I have just read through all your threads,boy i wish i could be at your hearing if it ever gets there.

Anyway am trying to get my head round wording this ammendment to my prelim letter do you or anyone else think that the following would be o.k?.

Felt so good walking in to the bank and getting them to sign for my letter, now i feel a bit of a pratt....lol

What I require (amended 19/12/2006)

I calculate that The charges total to be £2,169.59.

This would be the figure that I would hope that Barclays would refund me.

However I have also included figures in the schedule of charges that would represent interest on the above figure at the statutory rate of 8% which would be added to my claim if I have to take court action.

I therefore calculate the total amount payable WITHOUT INTEREST to be £2,169.59.

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter.

As i stated before the £630.47 and £2,800.06 were the figures that the spreadseet automatically calculated using statutory interest.

I just added the £2,1169.59 & £2800.06 figures together when it should have been £2,1169.59 + interest £630.47 =£2,800.06..Well it was worth a try...lol

O.k

Amended prelim letter and handed to bank again...Got a funny look from the guy who signed for this one...wonder if he knew what it was:D ..lol

Bet it will be the talk at their xmas party as this is not a very big town..haha

Well i suppose i sit and wait for a standard reply now:| .

its fine, although you didn't have to add the bits about 8% if taken to court etc as barclays know this already. Its usually best to stick to the templates provided, but what you've written is ok.

BTW, expect a full update tomorrow everyone on my directions hearing I had today. too tired to post it now..

Morning All

Hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas

Postman was busy this morning...received my CAG envelope labels(very nice) My small claims pack....and last but not least two...yes TWO..letters from Barclays.....both exactly the same(they have far too much money to waste....our money)

Anyway the letter was the standard sort i think:

Retail Banking Customer Relations

Leicester

LE872BB

Dear Mr *****

"We are sorry you have had to contact us about the level of service you have received from Barclays. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to do so.

We are looking into your concerns and will let you have an answer or update as quickly as possible, but no later than 19 january 2007. In the meantime if you wish to discuss this matter further please call us on 0845 609 0806.

I have enclosed a leaflet explaining how Barclays works to resolve complaints.I hope you find this useful.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention

Yours sincerely

Helen Taylor

Customer Service Advisor

Is this the beginning? My original prelim letter was handed to barclays on the 20th december....they are now teling me they will reply by 19 jan.

Do i wait for their reply or do i stay with my time scale of 14 days b4 sending LBA?.

And where do i send the LBA to..my branch....The address on the letter or to canada square?

Stick to your guns and send your LBA after the 14days, however they have responded to your request so you could send it now i guess.

• Haha 1

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Am still working away from home at moment so i have not got access to any of my paperwork.

Have been keeping an eye on the site though just to gain more knowledge for whatever is thrown at me in the forth coming weeks.

The 14 day time limit i set for my original prelim letter has allready passed(been so busy over xmas and now working away) so i will be sending out my Letter Before Action as soon as i return home even though Barclays said they would get back to me by the 19th,

I may need a little advise on this before i send it off, but will post everything as soon as i get home.

Keep up the good work everyone.

BarmyBlu

Hi Everyone

At last i am home....and guess what was waiting for me.....a letter from Barclays.

As i was going to send my letter before action this weekend i opened the letter with deep curiosity.

"Dear Mr *******

I refer to our recent letter

May i say how sorry i am to learn that you feel the bank charges you have are unfair. In your correspondance you have referred to elements which you feel support your claim. Barclays is aware of the information you have drawn to our attention. I must inform you, However,that we disagree with your view.

When an account is opened with us, our customer is provided with a copy of the terms & conditions relating to the use of theitr account; including details of charges. This information clearly explains our obligations to our customers, as well as their obligations to us. If we make any changes to the terms & conditions, we provide details of these changes to our customers in line with the banking code. Details of our terms & conditions, along with our charging tarrif, can be obtained at any of our branches or via our internet site. www.Barclays.co.uk/Woolwich.co.uk

I note that there is an outstanding debt in your name for the amount of £21.36. Taking this into consideration, despite my comments above in relation to your views, on this occasion, and without any admission of liability, I am willing to offer the sum of £1000 in full and final settlement of your claim. This sum to be used to repay your debt and the balance sent to you in the form of a cheque. This is with the cost and inconvenience inherent in a further dispute in mind and is intended as a gesture of goodwill.

Upon repayment of the debt, wew will lodge a notice of satifaction with the relevent credit reference agency, but do not intend to make any amendments to the existing record.

If you would like to accept my offer, please sign the and return the enclosed form in the pre-paid envelope provided. I will then arrange for the debt to be repaid and a cheque for the balance to be forwarded to you. I will also ensure the appropriate notice is lodged with the relevent credit reference agency. Please note that it may take up to seven working days fromthe date your acceptance is received at this office for the above actions to be completed.

If you wish to discuss this letter,or you feel there are further issues i need to consider, please call me.

If you are dissatified with my proposal for resolving your complaint you may ultimately be eligable to refer to the Financial Ombudsman Service. The leaflet sent with our letter of 22nd December explains our complaints process and provides details regarding the Financial Ombudsman Service.

In accordance with our standard practice, if i do not hear from you to the contrary within eight weeks from the date of this letter, i shall assume that your complaint is resolved and close my file.

Yours sincerely

Katie Tyrie

Customer Service Manager "

Well..What do i do now?

Do i still send my LBA as planned ?. this has thrown me a little as i thought an offer arount £400 was normal....my other half wants me to accept the money as we have our wedding in 4 weeks.

I have told her that it is only half of what i am claiming, and by accepting the £1000 thay have won.

Think now is the time to open and read the small claims court kit that i was sent, and spend the weekend reading through everyones threads.

Any Advice at this time will be most welcome.

No stick to your guns hold out for the full amount.

Yes you should still send your LBA and a rejection letter can be found here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejection-settlement-offer.html#post200477

If you have not sent your LBA you should be able combine the two letters together.

• Confused 1

PETER RABBIT V BARCLAYS Settled in Full 05 March 2007

Thanks dunnie1 & falcom for your input much appreciated.

I have now sorted out the missus:-) funny how the mention of a new outfit seems to do the trick.

Anyway i suppose i now have to get my act together and my printer in to action again.

Just a thought on my next step tho...

I know falcom suggests sending both letters off now but the LBA seems to be just a continuation of the prelim letter i sent.

Do you think i should still send the LBA off or should i just now send the rejection letter accepting the amount as part payment seeing as how Barclays have reacted to my prelim letter and made an offer already?.

Is it me or has a stage been skipt somewhere along the line.

Regards

BarmyBlu