Reclaiming charges with an IVA/DMP etc

AWC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had a look around the net to see what the standing is regarding reclaiming charges whilst in an IVA (Independant Voluntary Arrangement) or DMP (Debt Management Plan). There seems to be a lot of mixed views.

So, I rang PayPlan who were very helpful and asked what would happen should I be successful in claiming back my charges from 4 creditors totalling approx £8,000 considering I still have 4 years left of my IVA at £300 a month.

The general answer is all the money I successfully claim must be paid back to my creditors via my IVA, and no it won't reduce my monthly amounts nor will it reduce the 4 years I have left...so, it begs the question, is there any point in me persuing the creditors apart from the fact that I can use the oportunity to get them to do some work?

Seems a bit of a waste of time to me, might be a good idea for anyone else in my situation to reconsider?

Interested to hear what anyone else has to say?

Actually, I am pretty pee'd off now, to think that the only reason I got into debt in te first place was because of souring bank charges, otherwise there would have been no need for and IVA. :mad:

Might get some legal advice, this can't be right.