• Tweets

• Hi LFI, With regard to the ANPR cameras in your post #65, while I was on the phone to the Planning Department, they did take a look at Google Streetview and went back to 2012 where they could see the ANPR cameras in place so therefore they would have deemed consent. I had previously read the T&C Planning Regulations and had read the section on deemed consent so I understood the point they made on the phone. It doesn't matter though, that doesn't harm my case any, and I shouldn't really mention this now, (this is what you reminded me of on another thread) but in the past I was a member of a scheme that gave me access to legal advice, I have spoken to a barrister previously through this scheme on another matter and I think I am still a member. I am going to check if I am still a member of the scheme, and if I am I will discuss my case with a barrister or solicitor, whichever the scheme deems appropriate. I will let you know the outcome. I am also going to take Bankfodders advice in the sticky and go to the local court and ask if I can sit in on a case in the Judges office.
    • deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx Yes sorry. they called it a deed at first in court.  Then Judge said she was happy to have it sealed as something else  exact names of orders in message above.     The disease was tested for when his cardiac testing was done immediately after purchase and part of the now sealed case.   However, results were disclosed incorrectly and I only found out  two days ago.   This disease did not form part of my knowledge during the case as I had been informed of a normal result that was not the case.   it is perfect clarity of a genetic disease where as the previous cardiac issue could be congenital until the pup is genetically tested. 
    • Hi, Halifax recently sold a credit card account of mine to Cabot. I am unemployed and have no assets and was thinking of making token £1 payments for 12-18 months in order to drag things out a bit and reduce the chance of Cabot being able to get the correct CCA documents from Halifax if I requested them in future. However, I saw on the pages on this forum about defending county court claims that one of the standard approaches when defending such claims is to say “I had an account with bank X, but I don’t remember the details and so don’t know if I owe this debt…”. If I made £1 payments to Cabot, would it prevent me from using such a defence in future? OC: Halifax DC: Cabot/Wescot Card account opened: 2016 Defaulted: 2023
    • Paperwork says sealed consent order and composite settlement agreement      YES  ADDISONS DISEASE 
    • Hi, This may be the wrong place for a thread BUT If you receive a defence, can you send a CPR 31.14 request for document mentioned in the defence, and then apply to proceed with the case only after (14) days passed or they respond OR is it only if you receive a claim I see @dx100uk thread is for when you receive a claim, but can you also do the same when you receive a defence?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Please Help Me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner and I are trying to claim on 3 accounts. I sent the 2nd letter to them saying we would take them to court in 7 days. All 3 letters were sent in the same envelope.

My partner got a letter back very quickly saying that they didn’t think they were unlawful so go away!

I received a letter for my account and our joint account saying they were passing this onto a Customer Relations Manager to investigate and that they would get back to me within 4 weeks.

How do I stand with starting court action now? I wanted to do all 3 accounts together.

Should I start off my partner’s court case and wait another 4 weeks to do the other 2 accounts?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for taking time to read my plight.

HAppy Christmas

I'd give them a call and ask why one account differs from the other two. Try Customer Relations on 08457 253519 and see if they can help, they are usually quite good with my calls.

It deepends on the amount of your claims, if the total of all 3 is under the £5,000 limit for small claims then lumping them together may keep costs down when you get to filing the N1 form, rather than 3 seperate cases at that stage.

As for them saying 4 weeks - stick to your own timescales! They're just trying to delay matters and there are reasonable periods already specified. See 3 b in http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Hi

It deepends on the amount of your claims, if the total of all 3 is under the £5,000 limit for small claims then lumping them together may keep costs down when you get to filing the N1 form, rather than 3 seperate cases at that stage.

Does this mean that I can put all 3 claims onto 1 court claim even though one has my name on it, one has my name and my partners name, and one has my partners name only on it?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Yesterday I had a letter from the bank offering me £158 goodwill jesture. They actually owe £1800 ish on 3 accounts. I have read some forums previously and understand the best course of action is to write an accept this as part payment. Is there a letter template for this? Or any specific wording that will help? Thanks everso much for your help.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejection-settlement-offer.html

use this link and look down a couple of posts to find a template for the letter to write back. hope this helps.

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 1.10.06 (chq cashed 6.10.06)

Acknowledgement recvd. 9.11.06...(1 day before 40 day limit)

prelim sent 13.11.06. (rcv.14.1.06)

ack.rcvd. 24.11.06

LBA letter sent 29.11.06

settlement offer 11.12.06 declined 13.12.06

called Halifax 0121-234-1068 3.1.07 ..........settlement letter for full amount of £1474 on its way ! won't be happy till money in my acct!

recvd settlement letter for the £1474. signed and returned. 5.1.07

hello

there have been many bank charges on my account due to the bank charging me on a cheque i gave out. on my statement it show as cash but they paid out the cheque and charged me for the the cheque. the acc is not a curent acc but savings. which if there was no money the cheque could have not be paid out. they recorded it as cash taking out but charged for the cheque paid out which is the same as the cash. also AOL have been taking out money from my acc after cancellation for the about five month now and they refuse to refund abck the money claim some as be logging in as a guest. what can i do the phone line link to the aol acc was cancelled the same time as the aol.

hello

there have been many bank charges on my account due to the bank charging me on a cheque i gave out. on my statement it show as cash but they paid out the cheque and charged me for the the cheque. the acc is not a curent acc but savings. which if there was no money the cheque could have not be paid out. they recorded it as cash taking out but charged for the cheque paid out which is the same as the cash. also AOL have been taking out money from my acc after cancellation for the about five month now and they refuse to refund abck the money claim some as be logging in as a guest. what can i do the phone line link to the aol acc was cancelled the same time as the aol.

You've hi-jacked someone else's thread with your questions. Please ask again in a new thread, so as not to confuse those following sharkbait's thread. I also suggest reading a lot of the information on this site, you may find you can answer a lot of questions that way.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Hi, I am still confused about what kind of letter i should be sending. They have offered me a "Goodwill gesture" of £158, nowhere near what we are due. The letter that that i was advised to send rejects that offer completely. the reason I am confused is that I am sure that I have read somewhere on these forums that you should accept the offer as PART PAYMENT and ask for the rest. Is this the case?

Also, if you accept it as partial payment but still have to go to court do you have to claim for the total amount or claim for the amount minus the goodwill gesture amount?

Thanks for taking the time to help

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejection-settlement-offer.html

That is the correct letter, which states "I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement ..."

This is a self-help forum, where it's expected that people using it will help themselves by reading the FAQ's and the instructions so they are clear on the course of action they are taking.

I'd suggest doing a lot more reading, to the point where you are confident in moving forward with your claim without needing to ask the questions you just have.

Yes, you will get help if you ask, but so many people start out on this path to getting their money back without reading the basics that there comes a point where people like myself, who love to help, will not simply hold your hand and show you every move you need to make.

Sorry if it sounds harsh, it's not meant to be. It's also intended to give the same message to newcomers who are reading the threads, so they don't do the same thing and miss important points.

Thank you for the helpful advice on the letter. I really do appreciate it.

I do agree with you that your comments sound a bit harsh. I feel deflated by them and to be honest have felt deflated everytime I come on this site. I have read lots of other threads and have seen all the comments and help those people have received. Whenever I ask a question, I am either ignored and have to ask again or get a response like today.

I started coming on this site because I could see all the wonderful advice other people have been receiving. There is a lot of advice on here and sometimes it is difficult to find what you are looking for. In fact since receiving your comments I have been to the FAQ's and still could not find the letter that you have quoted for me to use. This may be because I am impatient or maybe that there is so much to read that it is hard to find.

I hope your comments have not put other people off using this site but I think it's the end of the road for me. I am going it alone.

Hey Sharkbait are you really - sharkbait? Hillards gave you the exact link to the letter that you were looking for! BEFORE making any comment! Now there is harsh and there is harsh. Looking back over your thread I agree with Hillard. I will help anyone who is unsure, unstuck or confused but come on! You're asking stuff that is clearly explained in the FAQ's and library and if you've read it on another thread, why didn't you bookmark it or write it down? We'll help - we'll go out of our way to help, but if you choose to ignore it , like the link Hillard gave you, there's not much more we can do! Good luck on your own, but please don't be too proud that if you need help you don't ask. We're not the enemy - they are!

A D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

...In fact since receiving your comments I have been to the FAQ's and still could not find the letter that you have quoted for me to use. This may be because I am impatient or maybe that there is so much to read that it is hard to find...

The link to the letter is there, all you need to do is click it - it's standard for forums like this that the link appears that way. Try clicking on -> Rejection of settlement offer

The help was offered before the advice to read more, maybe you are being impatient and not taking in what's available on this site. As Aaronsdad points out, you will get help and advice here, but you also need to help yourself first, by reading the FAQ's you should understand what the procedures are.

Nobody is trying to put you off, and going it alone does not seem like the best advice you can give yourself. I did consider the reply given to be helpful in pointing out that basic questions do tend to get ignored as it simply shows the person involved has not taken the time to read through the information given, where questions like those are already answered.

Personally, I spent nearly 3 weeks just reading, before I started my claim. I understood what I was doing every step of the way. OK,. not everyone will reach that level of understanding, but look again at the advice?