Halifax settlement LIVE !!!!!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all !

I have sent two letters to halifax.

An initial letter demanding £192 in charges

A LBA demanding £192 with a deadline of 27 December 2006

The first letter produced a standard response. The LBA just five minutes ago produced a call offering me a "goodwill gesture" of £100 which i politley rejected, referring her to the recent item on BBC Breakfast with that amazing guy at moneyexpert :)

OK UNBELIEVABLE - Lisa Slater, and i have her permission to quote her name has JUST called again - I am getting a letter which when signed by me and returned - will get me a FULL refund !!! my hands are shaking !!!!

Im getting £192 back ! she was lovely !!

wow !! im on a high !!!!!

Charges Reclaimed

Halifax - £192.00

Cases in progress

Lloyds TSB £400

Liverpool University £50.00

If it's not been filed at court then the interest does not apply - the bank offer will be for full repayment of charges?

You can only add the 8%, plus court fees, plus SAR fee, when you file the N1.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Just the repayment of charges. I did launch this claim without looking at the big picture (interest) Was too hasty.

However, now i am confident - i have another claim to launch - Llloyds TSB for £400 - i will make sure i calculate interest :) Thanks for support guys !

Charges Reclaimed

Halifax - £192.00

Cases in progress

Lloyds TSB £400

Just for my own interest, any idea which department and/or office/town Lisa Slater is from please? The Hx have many offices and I've already gone through Halifax, Leeds, Newcastle and Birmingham...

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Oh your post is here hillards.. i got your PM as well though and replied to it !

All my letters went to Leeds but i dont have Lisas location - was pretty excited at the time to calmly take details ! I am scanning the letter for everyone though when it comes !

Charges Reclaimed

Halifax - £192.00

Cases in progress

Lloyds TSB £400

Hey guys, just as well i received a letter from halifax almost identical to your letter but not as a full settlement but a lesser amount than I originally claimed.

They're willing to discuss this matter over the phone, can i make a demand from them like i would really appreciate it if they could pay me the full amount before i issue an LBA and filing the claim to court?

can anyone advise me

Address removed - :) So eager to post that i didnt think that through !

Thanks lads !

Well i think halifax are reluctant to do much before an LBA because they know the procedure we have. Lisa watched the BBC program so i can assume other people in halifax did. I would send an LBA reminding them that they only have another 14 days.

They WILL call im sure - make sure you turn down their first paltry goodwill gift of half the charges back :) When they call they will tell you all the charges were applied correctly and they are in the right. All you have to say is Your regime of charges is illegal and you want the FULL amount. :)

Charges Reclaimed

Halifax - £192.00

Cases in progress

Lloyds TSB £400

Just out of interest, Lisa is at the Chester office (01244 dialling code). There seem to be a number of people, all over the country, dealing with these claims. As long as you have a reference number (as shown on your offer letter) feel free to call them to discuss the matter further.

This method seems to be working for those who call - well done to whipthebanksintoshape, and everyone else who's done the same, for your success.

mzteery - whatever you do, don't 'demand' - talk nicely to them!

Just noticed something - whipthebanksintoshape, you used the word 'illegal' - that should be 'unlawful' ?

Had my offer letter today from halifax 177 short of full amount heres who sent the letter Jonathan Parke, review Manager, Core ops, customer Relations 0191 235 7810, from start to nearly finish 3 weeks....i'm so glad i found this site off to start the ball rolling on the other 2 accounts then the mortgage company for ERC's fingers crossed

statements requested 23rd Nov charged £5

statements arrived 28th Nov

sent first letter claiming £1264 on 7th Dec to halifax

halifax replied standard letter 13th Dec

second letter sent 22nd Dec :p

Halifax sent letter 22nd Dec offering £1087 full & final only £177 short of the full amount:eek:

Accepted the offer on 28th Dec on to the next one.......

I know how you feel pinkglitter, theres good info and support here - feels like someone has given me a stepladder thats put me on the same level as these bullys - maybe a bit taller !

As for unlawful/illegal, i think I have used a mixture of both in my letters - probably when i deviated a bit from the template :p What can i say, i got excited !

Charges Reclaimed

Halifax - £192.00

Cases in progress

Lloyds TSB £400

As for unlawful/illegal, i think I have used a mixture of both in my letters - probably when i deviated a bit from the template :p What can i say, i got excited !

I pointed it out as some banks monitor these threads, and you wouldn't want to lose your hard-earned claim back to them in a libel action would you?

The charges are 'unlawful', as they go against the various Acts mentioned. By saying 'illegal' you are making a statement that they are breaking the law, and could be sued for that if you cannot then prove this point...

That's why the site has template letters, instead of just guidelines as to what to say. They've been checked over to make sure you're not putting your foot in your mouth as you proceed with your claim.

I'd rather make the point, and get it over, than watch you be sued for a comment you have made (in error, obviously)! LOL