• Tweets

• Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

New strategy for Allocation Questionnaires

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you have used the new strategy, was it successful?  

80 Caggers have voted

1. 1. If you have used the new strategy, was it successful?

• Yes - the draft was made into an order
    • No - standard/other directions were ordered

im wonding this also, whats the best to attach and most up to date to attach to my N150. When i did Lloyds i attached the following you can see in my Lloyds thead. Is this still correct? i have been reading post but i just gets more more confusing.

Can someone please put me in the right direction.

Thanks

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have put together the bundle for court as in post #25 case management representations, to try speed things along a bit.

Do I include a cover letter or is fine to just send it in as this bundle?

Case against Abbey

Where can I find post#25 case management representation as I am also just putting my court bundle together and am feeling a bit fazed.

Thanks for your help

Yosemite

Hello all.

Right i am just off to the Court with my N150 Allocation Questionnaire and as i am being blonde today i just want to check that i am taking the right papers..

The N150 form itself

Section H other information

Draft order for Directions..

Is this all i need, I will send a copy today to Abbey National Plc. I do not have to enclose the schedule, copies or statements, Statement of Evidence or copies of decided cases yet do i until i hear from the court with regards to the Allocation Questionnaire that i have completed..

Please tell me if i do need any of these now or have i got my Blonde head around it..

Thanks

Nicky :p

Hi,

The N149 is now available online, and the section G box can easily accomodate the text which BF says should be stated on a seperate sheet. Is it ok to actually type this in section G, and therefore just add the rec draft order, rather than adding extra docs which are not needed?

In my mind, it sounds fine, and this may have been thought about earlier, but by page 10 I'd got a little itchy to find out! (sorry!!!)

Any advice gratefully received.

Peter

ps - has this worked at all for Barclays, seeing that the defence is alot more wooly than some other banks.

Thanks all

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Please please help

I am currently filling inmy N150, I fully understand A,B,C,D However In D under Witnesses I have put my name under "witness Name" do I include my husband also as he is also named as the Claimant.Also What do I put under "Witness to which facts!!!!!!:confused:

Also in D as my claim is substanuly larger than £5K do I automatically tick "FAST TRACK"

(E) I also understand.

(F)I have ticked "yes" and will attach the Draft order of directions as per the AQ template - Is this correct???? aprt from the obvious do I change any of the wording?????

(G) Understand to leave this blank

(H) totally totally stuck, so hopefully will break this down -

1st box tick yes

2nd box tick yes - However as I have not sent anything to the other parties, what do I put in the box "when did they receive them??????????

What does do I intend to make applications in the future mean, and what do I put.

Also what do I put in other information.

I'm having a real blonde day, and I know that people have stated read the guide to small claims, but I cannot efford it untill Friday, and my AQ has to be in by the 30/5/2007. HEEELLLLP:o

I am claiming against Abbey for £4300 incuding interest and court fees and have received a letter to say that my case has been transfered to my local court and that the AQ be dispended with unless the transfer court orders otherwise. I have sent a nudge letter to Abbey (It has come to my attention that as of xx/xx/07, ( date of the letter from the court) that an Allocation Questionaire may not be required in this case) etc... should I also be sending a 'Draft Order for Allocation Questionnaire (is this the same as the 'Draft Order for Directions'?) and accompanying letter to the court? If so, should I also send a copy to Abbey?

Sorry for being a pain or a little confused but what does "Any party affected by this Order may under Rule 3.3 (5) apply to have it set aside, varied or stayed. Such a party must apply under Rule 23.3 withing 14 days of service of this order' mean? It is part of the Notice of Transfer of Proceedings that I received from the court.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated :-?

I am claiming against Abbey for £4300 incuding interest and court fees and have received a letter to say that my case has been transfered to my local court and that the AQ be dispended with unless the transfer court orders otherwise. I have sent a nudge letter to Abbey (It has come to my attention that as of xx/xx/07, ( date of the letter from the court) that an Allocation Questionaire may not be required in this case) etc... should I also be sending a 'Draft Order for Allocation Questionnaire (is this the same as the 'Draft Order for Directions'?) and accompanying letter to the court? If so, should I also send a copy to Abbey?

Yes.

Sorry for being a pain or a little confused but what does "Any party affected by this Order may under Rule 3.3 (5) apply to have it set aside, varied or stayed. Such a party must apply under Rule 23.3 withing 14 days of service of this order' mean? It is part of the Notice of Transfer of Proceedings that I received from the court.

Ignore it - its just the standard wording on any order which has been made on the courts own initiative.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Please please help

I am currently filling inmy N150, I fully understand A,B,C,D However In D under Witnesses I have put my name under "witness Name" do I include my husband also as he is also named as the Claimant.Also What do I put under "Witness to which facts!!!!!!:confused:

Yes, you are both witnesses - to "all facts and matters relevant to this claim".

Also in D as my claim is substanuly larger than £5K do I automatically tick "FAST TRACK"

No, I would still tick small claims. For reasons put -

a) The claim is a consumer dispute, for which the small claims track was specifically designed

b) Overriding objective's require both parties to be on an even footing - the small claims track can provide for this whereas the fast track would mean costs exposure which would be a heavy burden for you but insignificant to the defendant

c) The law relating to contractual penalties is long established in both common law and statute - therefore the issues are of fact, not of law.

(E) I also understand.

(F)I have ticked "yes" and will attach the Draft order of directions as per the AQ template - Is this correct???? aprt from the obvious do I change any of the wording?????

Correct

(G) Understand to leave this blank

(H) totally totally stuck, so hopefully will break this down -

1st box tick yes

2nd box tick yes - However as I have not sent anything to the other parties, what do I put in the box "when did they receive them??????????

Send a copy to the other side, and put "sent **/**/** first class recorded delivery"

What does do I intend to make applications in the future mean, and what do I put.

No applications

Also what do I put in other information.

See the bottom of post #3 of this thread

I'm having a real blonde day, and I know that people have stated read the guide to small claims, but I cannot efford it untill Friday, and my AQ has to be in by the 30/5/2007. HEEELLLLP:o

Ok?

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

I'm claiming against Citi at Morpeth & Berwick Court and was today disappointed to have received only standard directions from Judge Large - was worth a try though ! Full details of my claim are here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/citicards/91232-stornoway-citicards-incl-contractual.html

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

Just subscribing

If you think this post has been of help, please click on my SCALES on the left - thanks :-) :-x

Peter Anderson

Me Vs Morgan Stanley - WON £490

Me V's LTSB - Private & Bus Acc - £18.8k (since Oct1997)

inc: S.69 Interest (and growing daily) -;)

Please remember to DONATE when you have WON

Hi,

I don't know whether anyone is still wanting to know which courts are ordering the requested directions?

If they are, Basingstoke County Court has just ordered my requested directions in two of my cases, so it's looking good here :D.

Shame I bottled on one of the cases just one week too early tho... lol :(

Nikki :)

Halifax Card: Claim served 30th Mar - they met 2nd AQ deadline - waiting for Directions/Court Date

Monument Card: Claim served 30th Mar - Directions taken - 14 + 14 day deadline 18th June - settlement signed & waiting for cheque

CitiCards: Claim served 6th April - Defendant's docs (only) to be received by 25th June - case back to Judge 2nd July

A+L (SETTLED IN FULL): Prelim sent 16th April - Claim settled 4th June (on the defence deadline)

Debenhams Store Card (SETTLED IN FULL): Prelim sent 17th Feb - Claim settled on 14th Mar (3 days before LBA deadline)

MINT Card (SETTLED IN FULL): Prelim sent 8th Feb - claim settled 14th Apr (1 day after defence deadline)

HSBC (SETTLED FOR 8% INTEREST): Prelim sent 15th Jan - claim settled 18th May (after AQ deadline)

Excellent - thats a brand new one to add to the ever growing list!

Thanks for letting me know.:)

Hi Gary just to let you know that today I received the N159 from District Judge Ackroyd at Oldham cc and he has odered the draft order for directions in my claim, no need to go to court now though the Yorkshire Banks Solictor must have not wanted to go any further after she recieved the copy AQ DO and Section G she sent a cheque for all that is owed to me yesterday!:D

Thank you very very much you are a star, you all helped me to beat the Bankers.....:)

Hi I am claiming charges and compensatory damages for my O/H against Barclaycard. The AQ and defence has been received now, but we desperately need some advice as to whether we should reply to defence and what to put in the other information box on the N149. can we attch the directions order on here or do we need to adapt it?

I have posted a link to my thread with full details. Please please help! #66 is where I have icluded the bit I am confused about.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/63394-millymollymoo-o-h-barclaycard.html

Many thnks if you can help.

Milly XXX

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

AQ arrived today.

N150

Have until June 11th to respond.

Gary,

I have some complicating factors involved in this, and some unusual considerations to account for when requesting track allocation.

I could really do with some help here if you don't mind.

Could you please PM me.

ps, I also still have the info I previously PM'd you regards, and eager to discuss this with someone.

Regards

PM

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Quick question for GaryH...... Abbey has filed defence and I wish to send abuse orders stuff to court - is it worth asking for my claim to be sent to Small Claims Court when it is for more than £10k. Could I request disclosure be required (in whichever court) without asking for small claims court? I would appreciate your help. Also i want to refer to the cases of mariejader and KellyJ, would a simple para giving the case nos be sufficient:-

All the best Aoife

AQ arrived today.

N150

Have until June 11th to respond.

Gary,

I have some complicating factors involved in this, and some unusual considerations to account for when requesting track allocation.

I could really do with some help here if you don't mind.

Could you please PM me.

ps, I also still have the info I previously PM'd you regards, and eager to discuss this with someone.

Regards

PM

Will do...

Me too needing advice!

Milly X

Done.

Quick question for GaryH...... Abbey has filed defence and I wish to send abuse orders stuff to court - is it worth asking for my claim to be sent to Small Claims Court when it is for more than £10k. Could I request disclosure be required (in whichever court) without asking for small claims court? I would appreciate your help. Also i want to refer to the cases of mariejader and KellyJ, would a simple para giving the case nos be sufficient:-

All the best Aoife

Yes, no harm in requesting small claims - you may not get it but if its a simple charges + 8% then its worth a try.

The abuse order request in the Abbey forum contains a disclosure order request in the alternative anyway.

Smartellie v First Direct Won!!!!!!!!!!! (well i hope so)

Hi Gary

following your advice a few posts/pages back i submitted the AQ with your request for directions and N244 to amend particulars of claim as i had done myself out of about £1K. i have not heard from the court save as to arrange a hearing to discuss my amendment but i received a letter from DG Solicitors (which our frends and colleagues in the First Direct fan club will know and love!!) offering the full amount of £10,373 (including charges and interest up to 14th May so that includes the amended amount with the extra grand on top. I believe your directions and my comments for allocating for the fast track and standard disclosure with a few additional questions have really moved this on so a donation is on its way to you, you are all stars!!.

the offer has come with the standard letter requesting confidentiality however i do have a loan with FD which is secured on my house i am not in arrears and am paying more than the normal montly payment to get shut of it, i am concerned that they will offset it against the loan which obviously i don't want. My initial idea is to stipulate cheque payment within 14 days otherwise the legal proceedings will continue, First question can i do this, secondly, can i still go for a wasted costs order or is the previaling wisdom to grab it and run

all help gratefully received i don't want to cock it up at the last stage

kind regards

Ellie

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-873412.html

Just to let you all know about Fendy's BIG £15.5k win everyone !!!

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Great news! Well done Ellie!!:D

the offer has come with the standard letter requesting confidentiality however i do have a loan with FD which is secured on my house i am not in arrears and am paying more than the normal montly payment to get shut of it, i am concerned that they will offset it against the loan which obviously i don't want. My initial idea is to stipulate cheque payment within 14 days otherwise the legal proceedings will continue, First question can i do this, secondly, can i still go for a wasted costs order or is the previaling wisdom to grab it and run

all help gratefully received i don't want to cock it up at the last stage

Yes, you can specify cheque payment although I don't think they are obliged to provide the refund by any particular specified method. They may just pay it into your bank account. Although I believe that they do have a "right of offset", I don't think its very likely at all that they'd offset it against the loan.

Yes, you should wait until you receive the settlment before you discontinue procedings.

Yes, you can still go for wasted costs. The court might reject it but there's nothing to lose.

Hi all,

I received an AQ N150 on Friday and i was just making sure , do i just print off post 2 of this thread as my draft order for directions and can i add a reply to the defence as they quoted the limitations act and none of my charges are over 6 years. If so what do i do.

Thanks Joe