New strategy for Allocation Questionnaires

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you have used the new strategy, was it successful?  

80 Caggers have voted

1. 1. If you have used the new strategy, was it successful?

• Yes - the draft was made into an order
    • No - standard/other directions were ordered

ok. i found the link to spreadsheets and been reading through the posts a bit. i think i will claim the 8% stat interest as i mostly had an interest free overdraft on my account. in light of this, can you tell me how id calculate it? and would i calculate it until the date of my claim or until the date i send the letter? is there a template for doing the schedule or charges? im sorry if im repeating questions that you may have already answered, i thought i understood this process but im starting to feel in over my head!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok. i found the link to spreadsheets and been reading through the posts a bit. i think i will claim the 8% stat interest as i mostly had an interest free overdraft on my account. in light of this, can you tell me how id calculate it? and would i calculate it until the date of my claim or until the date i send the letter? is there a template for doing the schedule or charges? im sorry if im repeating questions that you may have already answered, i thought i understood this process but im starting to feel in over my head!!

hi 13169

i kept it simple and inputted the charges as they occurred andthe spreadsheet automatically calculates the interest from the date of the charge at 8%, thats all you need to send, the spreadsheet will automatically calcualte to today's date which is ok, and this serves as your template; if you are struggling pm me with an e mail addrress and i will send you a copy of mine over, i have not worked out how to attach on this thread

kind regards

ellie

I need some help please. I have received my Allocation Questionnarie 149. In G what do I need to write, there are so many drafts. also do I need to use draft order for directions attached to this sheet. My form needs to be in by this monday 14th May 07 and when do I ask for wasted time???

hi jg69

look at #869 a couple of pages above and cut and paste that one, that is one of the latest versions, i added about three points on the end of mine a few posts ahead of that one about getting them to reveal the number of claims they have had, and how many they had defended in court;

In relation to wasted time my understanding is that you do this after settlement or judgement along with your costs, because until you win (which you will, but we all have to do our homework firstl) there are no costs you can claim, i.e. the loser pays so there has to be a winner first, i.e. you, if you get what i mean. I am no expert on this and am new to it myself it's what i have picked up off this thread and linked ones.

best of luck

ellie

Many thanks ellie, what were the three points at the end, was it at the end of the draft of directions or on the request section.

I have to go to court to off load mine tomorrow. Oh yes, I persume you do not have to supply evidence, statements and breakdown of charges until the court have actually issued the Directions. (I mean it does not have to go within the AQ questionnaire?)

JG69:-o

Hi

Need some advice

Received Defence from Barclays

AQ dispensed - 04.05.2007

Do I have to send the Draft Order?? and if yes do I have then 14 days to submit statements charges etc.:confused: to the Court and Solicitor??

Thanks;)

Many thanks ellie, what were the three points at the end, was it at the end of the draft of directions or on the request section.

I have to go to court to off load mine tomorrow. Oh yes, I persume you do not have to supply evidence, statements and breakdown of charges until the court have actually issued the Directions. (I mean it does not have to go within the AQ questionnaire?)

JG69:-o

hi

bit rushed this as ia m just off to work, the three points i added on to the directions, as a final direction, i.e. that the defendant discloses the following information:

1. the total number of claims received by the defendants about bank charges;

2. the total number of customers that they had repaid;

3. the total number of cases that they had defended in court

i saw this on a thread a while ago so i can't credit the original author, i don't know if it will be granted, i hoping that it might save time and force them to settle

the only thing i put with the AQ is the spreadsheet of charges but you can leave that until the directions are received from the court if you have not prepared it yet, statements do not get supplied until this time, there is a link to a court bundle and statement of evidence on this thread and GaryH the Mod will help you out.

we are both at the same stage, i am new at this as well

best of luck

ellie

• Haha 1

Hi Gary

I am just putting together my Statement of Evidence and Bundle and wondered if you could help:

In the Bundle, SOGA 1982 doesn't seem to be in there. Could you please send me a link to this if you have one?

For the Statement of Evidence:

1. Do you think it matters if I don't have any of my Automated charge notification letters? Will I need to take out the bit in the statement relating to this if I can't find them to put in?

2. The link to the Australian Default charges report, doesn't seem to work as a direct link to the report. Do youhave an updated link for this?

3. Is there a link to the Data Protection Act Subject Access Request for evidence of manual intervention?

4. Is there a link to the Transcript of radio interview with Peter McNamara, former head of personal banking, Lloyds TSB?

Also do these docs need to come directly after the SAE or can I reference it to the page it is on in the bundle? (Sorry if this last question seems ridiculous, I just want to make sure everything is right!!)

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. I am going away for work on 16th May and my deadline for submission is 24th so I'd like to get this finished tonight or tomorrow if poss. Thanks

Hi all,

Can I include letters in my court bundle from First Direct that have 'Without Prejudice' in bold?

Dub

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First Direct - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 29/12/06

Statements recieved 15/1/07 - >£3000 owed

Prelim sent 16.01.07

Partial offer received 01.02.2007

LBA and letter rejecting paltry offer sent 02.02.2007

MCOL filed mid Feb 07

AQ 26th March

BoS - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 29/12/06

Statements received 1.02.2007 - Prelim sent 02.02.2007

I see that the Data Protection Act Subject Access Request for evidence of manual intervention was a letter I was suppsosed to send at the start. My first letter was downloaded from the BBC website so is different to the templates one on CAG. It did state that 'I request without further notice a breakdown and proof of all costs involved, in regards to your actual or liquidated losses involved in any breach of contract to which these charges relate with yourselves, and that these charges reflect your true costs in relation to the said charges, and are proportionate to the charges levied on my account as defined in UTCCR 1999, Schedule 2 (e).'

Is that ok do you think? Should I use this letter where i should put in the Data Protection Act Subject Access Request for evidence of manual intervention??

:eek: I have filled in the AQ and atached the Draft Order for Directions, which I think is an excellent request. So now, do I wait for the Order to be sent to me by the court or do I go ahead with providing the info?

I just read about this too jg69...hoping that the appeal will be successful & the ruling will be overturned. Lloyds didn't even appear, just relied on the usual defence according to the BBc website. It sounds worryingly as though the judge didn't look beyond the superficial arguement about charges being in the contract.

Maybe once more details come out we will understand this strange ruling more fully? As long as this remains an exception we will still keep all our banks paying what they owe every day:)

Emily.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Emily x

Hi all,

Can I include letters in my court bundle from First Direct that have 'Without Prejudice' in bold?

Dub

hi dubliner

i would not have thought so as the whole point of "withour prejudice" discussions is to enable the parties to reach an agreement before resorting to litigation and in the knowledge that such correspondence would not be disclosed to the court.

just my humble opinion, have any of the Mods got any thoughts on this??

regards

ellie

:eek: I have filled in the AQ and atached the Draft Order for Directions, which I think is an excellent request. So now, do I wait for the Order to be sent to me by the court or do I go ahead with providing the info?

you wait for the order to be sent too you, although it is touch and go weather or not he will issue it!

hi dubliner

i would not have thought so as the whole point of "withour prejudice" discussions is to enable the parties to reach an agreement before resorting to litigation and in the knowledge that such correspondence would not be disclosed to the court.

just my humble opinion, have any of the Mods got any thoughts on this??

regards

ellie

Thats correct. WP marked letters, or any contents of them, cannot be disclosed in court.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

I have put together the bundle for court as in post #25 case management representations, to try speed things along a bit.

Do I include a cover letter or is fine to just send it in as this bundle?

Case against Abbey

I have all the documents in one 7 Meg PDF (Adobe) for d) of the New Strategy Order.

If anyone requires them just PM me your email address.

These are offered to make life easier, that does not mean that you do not need to understand the contents. Please do not email me with any questions, post them on your thread.

• Haha 1

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Im just filling out my AQ.

I notice that the draft directions text, explanation for section F of the AQ and the advice on the first couple of posts are dated Dec 06 -

Are they still the current best practice and wording to base my application on today, or is there better wording elsewhere hidden on this site?!

Many thanks indeed.