New strategy for Allocation Questionnaires

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you have used the new strategy, was it successful?  

80 Caggers have voted

1. 1. If you have used the new strategy, was it successful?

• Yes - the draft was made into an order
    • No - standard/other directions were ordered

At the very start of this thread, page 1.

Actually, there is a condensed version of the same here -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/57708-draft-order-allocation-questionnaires.html

Use that as a guide then come back here and post if you have any questions.

Not able to access draft order allocation questionnairs, says page cannot be displayed, is there a problem?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

had a letter from Cardiff County Court yesterday. totally ignored my new strategy AQ. It says-

Upon the Courts own motion. The Court has made this Order of its own initiative without a hearing. If you obect to this order you can apply to have it set aside or stayed within 7 days...

Before judge etc............

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. Directions will be given in his case by the Designated Civil Judge , His Honour Judge G Hickinbottom, on the 14th August 2007:( at 10.30 am etc.....

2. The parties may appear in person or make written representations as to how the case should proceed provided a copy of the representation is sent to the Court at least 7 days prior to the hearing.

Is this the date I have to send my court bundle off for?

Alliance prelim 7th Jan £3270

sod off letter 14th Jan

LBA 19/1/07

N1 taken to local court 6/2/07

Offer recived part amount but already in court

WON! WON!full amount !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Barclays prelim £1973 7th Jan

No can do letter 14/1/07

LBA 16/1/07'

part offer received and refused 1/2/07

N1 issued 15/2/07

letter received re defence - they have till 22/3/07

Defence received - 25/3/07

AQ received to be back by 11/4/07:-(

Lloyds TSB trustcard S.A.R - 12th Jan

claim for £126 prelim 12/2/07

sod off letter recd.

LBA 17/3/07

Yes, thats the usual order from Cardiff. The group together all the charges claims from South Wales and list them all for a prelim on the same day!

You'll get to propose directions there, as its a preliminary hearing, although its likely that you'll get settled before then.

No bundle needed, just send a letter if you'd rather do that than attend, as you have been given the option to.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/56933-tjc-ltsb-2.html#post524956

Amend to suit and send the draft order off with it.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Thanks Gary - put my i at rest. Am going away for a few weeks so wanted to clear that up before I go.

Alliance prelim 7th Jan £3270

sod off letter 14th Jan

LBA 19/1/07

N1 taken to local court 6/2/07

Offer recived part amount but already in court

WON! WON!full amount !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Barclays prelim £1973 7th Jan

No can do letter 14/1/07

LBA 16/1/07'

part offer received and refused 1/2/07

N1 issued 15/2/07

letter received re defence - they have till 22/3/07

Defence received - 25/3/07

AQ received to be back by 11/4/07:-(

Lloyds TSB trustcard S.A.R - 12th Jan

claim for £126 prelim 12/2/07

sod off letter recd.

LBA 17/3/07

Anyone - aidez! If you wish to volunteer your services as a 'lay representative' (I'm helping friends and relatives to whom this whole recovery process is totally alien), at what stage, and how, do you feed this into the system. I have 1 AQ in the system and am compiling a court bundle for another?

There is no need to give prior notice, merely inform court staff on arrival at court.The judge has discretion, but is very unlikely to refuse.

However it is advisable to either mention this in your AQ or send a letter to the Court Manager informing them that you wish Mr XXX to accompany you to any hearing requiring your prescence and to represent you.

• Haha 1

Had a reply from Penzance CC the judge has ordered that the claim is stayed until 17 May 07 to enable parties to attempt settlement. Should i now contact First Direct solicitors, or just make sure my AQ is with the court. I have had no contact with DG solicitors throughout proceedings, should i phone or write to them to try and settle?

Rgds

Zipster

My AQ was dispensed with when the case was transferred to my local court that was two weeks ago and I've heard nothing from the court since.

I read a post on here that advised sending in the Draft Order for Directions anyway, as this might speed things up a bit. The letter template was the same BankFodder's on the first post of this thread - identical instructions on the draft order as well.

I sent the draft order to my local court 8 days ago but have had no reply. I called the court today to see if I could get any info - they said the draft order was with the District Judge - there was nothing else they could tell me until it comes back.

Any ideas on how this might evolve??

Had a reply from Penzance CC the judge has ordered that the claim is stayed until 17 May 07 to enable parties to attempt settlement. Should i now contact First Direct solicitors, or just make sure my AQ is with the court. I have had no contact with DG solicitors throughout proceedings, should i phone or write to them to try and settle?

Rgds

Zipster

Follow the "if a stay has already been ordered" instructions in this thread -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/78216-important-info-regarding-stays.html

My AQ was dispensed with when the case was transferred to my local court that was two weeks ago and I've heard nothing from the court since.

I read a post on here that advised sending in the Draft Order for Directions anyway, as this might speed things up a bit. The letter template was the same BankFodder's on the first post of this thread - identical instructions on the draft order as well.

I sent the draft order to my local court 8 days ago but have had no reply. I called the court today to see if I could get any info - they said the draft order was with the District Judge - there was nothing else they could tell me until it comes back.

Any ideas on how this might evolve??

IMO its doubtful that the judge would allow an application without either an application notice or on the back of an AQ - but it won't hurt to try anyway.

You'll hear back within a couple of weeks, when you'll recieve a notice of allocation telling you the track, hearing date and time, and directions.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Gary H,

Many thanks for the link to the thread. With regards submitting another AQ, i spoke to Penzance CC today and they are happy with the one i submitted 10 days ago. They seem to think i will hear from FD in the near future to settle, shall i send the letter anyway, do they need pushing along or are they just overwhelmed with claims?

Rgds

Zipster

They seem to think i will hear from FD in the near future to settle

You may very well do, but its certainly not down to the court clerk, and neither is it the court clerk who made the order - it was the judge.

You need to comply with the terms of the order.

I have a list of around 15 - none of which are Southend unfortunately. The majority are clustered around the Midlands and especially East Midlands.

Southend did not take on the draft directions i submitted, in fact id go so far as to say they were slightly hostile!

I know it doesnt help but dont loose heart, they were fine eslwise.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Well my local court is colchester but I was told there that all bank claims are being sent to Southend. Will attach the draft order but what should I actually put in G (N149) for other information, feel I should put something.

Doo

All i can tell you that once i got into the allocation hearing i found the judge dealing with my claim fair and helpful. Its difficult to say he sided with me since i feel he applied the law as he saw it and i got most of what i wanted.

He put me at my ease and listened patiently to my rambling, not a lot more one can ask really.

My local court is Basildon and i had one claim transferred there and another i lodged at southend anyway. I know have two claims ongoing at Basildon, both have been defended and i expect they will be forwarded to Southend too.

If there is anything you want to ask or if you want to know anything about the claims, drop me a pm rather than clogging up this very useful thread and ill try to help or point you in the right direction.

Glenn

• Haha 1

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hi all

Not sure if this is the norm now? but I never actually had to fill in an AQ for my claim with Abbey. I just received the 'special' directions through:

a) A schedule setting out each charge repayment of which is sought, showing the date, amount, and reason given (if any) for that charge being made;

b) copies of any statement or other document relied upon as showing that each and every charge has been made;

c) a statement of evidence of all matters relied upon as tending to show that the charges are irrecoverable as penalties or otherwise;

d) copies of decided cases and other legal materials to be relied upon.

So now I am frantically trying to get my final court bundle together.

Brownie 24:)

Gary is this link above just for lloyds claimants, have just prepared my AQ for Capital One and did not see this, is this something you recommend I add?