Friends benefit journey

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hardship can be claimed by someone who has a sanction imposed for either JSA or ESA. They would need to have entitlement or underlying entitlement to Income Based JSA/Income Related ESA. Hardship is considered for claimants who are vulnerable, can be treated as vulnerable, (e.g long term health condition, pregnant, child in the household) and if they are responsible for their own housing costs, typically someone living at parents home (parents not in receipt of benefits themselves) and therefore not liable for housing costs would not be eligible for hardship.

• 1 year later...

thankfully its been a while since I have had to deal with dwp or atos or whoever.....but my friend has just told me she had a telephone assessment and has been denied esa....I am shocked they can do this.

I thought it had to be a face to face assessment.

Is it possible the telephone assessment was regarding the criteria for income etc rather than a health assessment?

If it was the health assessment, then I'd think a mandatory reconsideration based on that point alone would be the starting point. I'm fairly sure they can't make a 'fit for work' decision without a face-to-face other than in very exceptional circumstances, which are listed in the WCA handbook.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

• dx100uk changed the title to Friends ESA telephone assessments?
  • 3 years later...

Hi everyone. I'm just trying to clarify a situation for someone thinking of making a new claim for UC.

They are not looking for sickness benefit.

They want to work, but do have Bipolar and Asthma that at times do affect them. Their worry at the moment is do they have to commit to looking for work full time? Is there a minimum of hours they must look for.

I do know there is the claimant commitment thing? would they be able to have adjustments made via this during appointment with a job coach?

There is information online but as to how up to date it is am unsure, as there have been changes recently on all this.

The online claim form appears to just be a yes or no thing re health and they are not looking to go down the sickness benefit route.

They have been diagnosed and are wanting to find their own job ideally but are wondering if the jobcentre would be of help.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Edited by Ruby_Tuesday

Yes a Job Centre Work Coach when setting commitment should consider diagnosed health conditions, so the person concerned should take with them to any first commitments appointment, any Doctors letter that confirms diagnosis of the conditions.

Normally in this situation, I would think the Work Coach might agree to 16 to 20 hours per week as an expected level of work hours to aim for. But

Does this person claim PIP?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hello and thank you unclebulgaria67 for your reply.

No they are not claiming pip.

After reading your reply earlier. I told them to just follow through the online UC application and use any box available to give information. 

They have now done this and kick started the claim. Further in there were options to state hours they feel they could manage etc. 

They await the JC appt for the claimant commitment which the diagnosis letters etc will be taken with them. 

Your reply has helped so thank you again. They can prepare themselves up ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to reply and end this query. The person applied online and took their diagnosis letter to the jobcentre. Their health has been taken into consideration and they are getting help with c.v and are only expected to look for work up to 16hrs due to their diagnosis and personal situation. 

Thank you for the reply here as it gave them the confidence to apply for it. They want to work but need the help. 

• dx100uk changed the title to Friends New UC Claim
  • dx100uk changed the title to Friends benefit journey