Going to Court in March for £289 - what next?

rachel01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am new to all this and really stuck and scared!

I have been sending letters to Abbey National regarding claiming back £287.87 from 2000 to 2006. They have denied all charges so I have now completed the money claim form to start proceedings. Abbey National answered within the 14 days and said they will file a defence.

I have now received a copy of there defence with 10 pointers signed by Inga Kirkman.

Yesterday I received the Allocation Questionnaire which I have completed and sent back.

Am I doing this right? What will happen next?

This is way above me now…….

Hi Rachel, the est advice is to read, Read the FAq's and read the various threads on here, they more or less conform to a pattern, if you have any other questions, post on this thread so that we can see and then help you out. Hope this helps

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to all this and really stuck and scared!

I have been sending letters to Abbey National regarding claiming back £287.87 from 2000 to 2006. They have denied all charges so I have now completed the money claim form to start proceedings. Abbey National answered within the 14 days and said they will file a defence.

I have now received a copy of there defence with 10 pointers signed by Inga Kirkman. Is that normal??????

Yesterday I received the Allocation Questionnaire which I have completed and sent back.

Am I doing this right? What will happen next?

This is way above me now…….

Don't worry - this is standard procedure - look at my thread if you want to read what has happened to me, although I am asking for a lot more. Maybe as your claim is small (although perhaps not to you - they may offer to settle soon)

• 1 month later...

I am taking Abbey National to court for £289 for bank charges, and its got as far as a court date being sent for 27th March.

I have not done anything like this before, and says i need to get a case together.

What do i need? any links that i will need to print from would be useful.

Any help you can help me with would be grateful for.

Do you think the bank will back out before? or will continue to court?

ALSO IF I LOSE, WILL I BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CHARGES TO THE COURT?

Thanks

It is most likely your bank will settle before the date.

However, you should be prepared to defend your case should it get that far. Even if it doesn't get to court, you may be directed by the judge to submit the evidence you intend to rely on prior to the hearing.

You need to start looking through the court bundle.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

• 2 months later...

Just to let you know i received a letter from Abbey on Saturday to say they are settling out of court. I got my charges + interest + court charges back.

Well chuffed, and very grateful to this site for there help.

They did not include preparation time for my court bundle - would you suggest i wrote to abbey asking for this? or just leave it now they've settled everything else???????

Thanks once again - good luck to everyone else - stick with it.

Hi Rachel,

I've been reading your different posts and threads. How did you reach the settlement? Did you ring the legal team early and negotiate or did your case follow the set routine and they settled just prior to court without any nudging from you?

Thanks

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

I phoned Abbey last week to ask about settling out of court but was told that a solicator would call me back but never did, then saturday i received a letter saying they will make full and final settlement out of court.

So whether me ringing them reminded them about my case, or whether it was my turn to get sorted i don't know but i didn't get a chance to discuss my case on the phone!

My court date was the 27th March - just glad they settled now so i have time to inform the court once i receive the payment.