• Tweets

• Hi all, I purchased a car in January from Big Motoring World Leeds. At the time of sale I was shown a tab on the salespersons computer marked 'service history' and I was able to take comfort knowing that the car had been serviced on 3 occasions as the date, mileage and company was there on screen. Being a 3 and a bit year old car that, in my mind, constituted full service history 🤷‍♂️ Anyway, collected the car a week later. Once home I settled down to through the book pack etc. Opened the service history booklet and it was completely blank. In addition there were no invoices detailing that any services had been done. I duly contacted BMW and asked them to supply me with proof of service history. They responded saying that on their 'vehicle documentation checklist' I had ticked and then signed to the fact that I had seen the service history and that I was happy with it. I dug out this checklist and what it actually states is 'seen service history online' which I had in the showroom. BMW seem to think that this satisfies their responsibility in providing service history. The reality is that I don't have any proof that the vehicle has ever been serviced! For my own peace of mind I ended up paying for a service that satisfied the manufacturers maintenance schedule to the tune of £330. I even complained to the finance company that the vehicle contravenes the Sale of Goods act 2015 as l, in effect, ot is not as described. Amazingly they weren't interested and instead I just got an email stating that it's not illegal to sell a vehicle without service history and that servicing costs were part and parcel of vehicle ownership. I've since complained to the ombudsman and am awaiting to see if they can help. I have no issue with the car but the treatment and customer service has been the worst I've ever experienced. I don't really know what to do next as I really do feel aggrieved that I've had to pay to service a car that should have already been serviced. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? 🙏
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Phase 3 - Received charges + data

ci
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had response back to my email - has anyone else - looks like a standard response. Could anyone advise me what to do next ??

Re: Account Charges for Overdraft Excesses and Returned Items

Thank you for taking the time to contact us about your account.

Your concern

I think it would be helpful if I set out my understanding of your concern:

· You feel that the charges you have incurred as contrary to the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulation 1999.

You are unhappy with that amount of charges you have incurred as a result of being overdrawn and from returned items.

You have requested that all charges incurred should be refunded for the past 6 years.

What's happened?

When you become a customer, we give you details of any charges for the day to day running of your account. Details of our charges are also available from our branch staff, telephone helpline or available on our website. While banking with us can be completely free, we only apply charges if a customer does not have enough money in their account to meet payments they have requested us to make.

Why has this happened?

You incurred charges because you did not ensure funds were available in your account to cover the payments set up by you. It is your responsibility to operate your account within any agreed limits. If your expenditure exceeds your income, you need to consider cancelling or reducing your monthly commitments.

As a business we are entitled to set charges to cover additional work, as is any other business. These charges are not hidden and are notified in the guide to banking charges leaflet we produce. We do not hide these charges and advise our customers to ensure cleared funds are available in their accounts to meet payments due. You will also note that in the front of each chequebook we request that funds are available before cheques are issued.

You accepted these terms when you opened your account and when you agreed your overdraft. We did not agree to pay your account in excess of the amount agreed without charges being made.

I must advise that we will expect your account to be run in line with the terms and conditions of its operation. This means that you must ensure that cleared funds are deposited into the account the working day before any payments are due. If you do not feel you will be able to run your account in accordance with the terms and condition, we may have to consider withdrawing certain facilities, such as any debit cards, overdrafts and chequebooks. Alternatively, you may wish to consider alternative banking arrangements.

Regarding your request for details of charges on your account for the past six years, I can advise that I am prepared to accept your request under the Data Protection Act. However I should point out that there is normally a £10 fee for information requested under Data Protection, although I am prepared to waive this on this occasion. In addition, I can also advise that some statement records we hold are on microfiche and, as such, fall outside the requirements of the Data Protection Act. Although this is the case, I can advise you that I have asked for copy statements to be produced for the period in question, which will highlight the charges you have referred to and I will send these to you within the next three weeks, which I trust will be acceptable. Our usual charge of £5.00 per copy statement has been waived on this occasion.

What happens next?

I hope that you feel I have made a fair decision on your complaint, but if you wish to talk about any of this, please call me on 0121 600 3243, or write to me at the above address.

You can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to independently review my decision. You can contact them at The Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR. Telephone: 0845 080 1800. Website: http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk. If you do want them to look at your complaint, they need you to get in touch with them within 6 months of the date of this letter.

Thank you once again for taking the time to raise your concerns with us.

Yours sincerely

David Just

Assistant Manager

So PrincessAphrodite - standard letter then, as soon as i get the list of my charges, i'll fill out the excel interest schedule and then do a summons - is that what you're going to do ??

Ci,

I have replied with a short note thanking for their email, etc. and that I will be in touch in due course.

I intend to amend the template letter and include the exact amount when I have the figures to input into the spreadsheet and send the whole thing off and give them a 14 day deadline to pay in full the amount they owe me.

Thats my plan!

Good luck to you and keep us posted, I'll do the same!

Princess of Power!

After emailing Lloyds TSB on Wednesday I have just received the same standard reply (which I'm surprised they don't try to charge for - yet!).

Although they've stated the statements will be with me within three weeks has anyone received theirs yet and how long did it take to get them? I can't wait for part 2 lol!

Lotta

After emailing Lloyds TSB on Wednesday I have just received the same standard reply (which I'm surprised they don't try to charge for - yet!).

Although they've stated the statements will be with me within three weeks has anyone received theirs yet and how long did it take to get them? I can't wait for part 2 lol!

Lotta

Still waiting lol (Sent 1st Stage 8th Feb)

Princess of Power!

Received charges last night, have filled out the Excel sheet - should i write and give them 14 days to refund or go straight to summons.

Antartica / Aphrodite have you had yours yet and if so what did you do ??

Any others at this stage yet - any advice ?

Received charges last night, have filled out the Excel sheet - should i write and give them 14 days to refund or go straight to summons.

Letter before action

Letter before action

It took about 10-14 days for the info to come through

Just a few questions

Is there a template follow up letter - I didn't see one in the library - Or should i just devise one ?

Is it fair to allow then 14 days to refund the charges or should it be longer ?

Are they likely to cave in or will they see it through ?

Just a few questions

Is there a template follow up letter - I didn't see one in the library - Or should i just devise one ?

Just a few questions

They are likely to cave in but open a new account elsewhere.

14 days is what they give you before they take them so 14 days is what you give them to give them back.

Seems very balanced to me :twisted:

Just a few questions

They are likely to cave in but open a new account elsewhere.

14 days is what they give you before they take them so 14 days is what you give them to give them back.

Seems very balanced to me :twisted:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks