world books club

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello

hope someone can help?

Over the last few months I have been trying to cancel my account with WB via letters, as they don't have a telephone no, where you can talk to a human being!!

of the last 2 parcels that came I returned one via PO and refused the second parcel to which I have receipts for both times.

but WB are still sending invoices for £26.00 and If I don't repay within 7 days it will be pasted on to there solicitors. and I will be charged more admin. charges.

any ideas on how to responed to them for LAST time??

michelle

I'm assuming that you have fulfilled your obligation to buy the required number of books?

In which case write a final letter to them stating that you have met your obligations, you have previously cancelled your account and you now consider that you have no contract with them. Therefore, they should not be sending you any further books and you have returned any you have received and therefore do not owe any further money. Tell them that any more books that you have received since cancelling your order were unsolicited, and it is a criminal offence to invoice people for unsolicited goods.

OK, they may be able to argue that they're not entirely unsolicited as you did have a legal relationship (contract) with them before, but it's worth saying this in the letter anyway because it might give them a short sharp shock.

Did you keep a copy of the letters you have sent? Make sure you keep a copy of this one, and send it via a Post Office Counter so you can get a proof of posting slip from the cashier.

After that, well let them take you to court - they'll look pretty silly if they do.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a problem with these a few years ago and this is what i did with them.

After a letter clearly asking them to end my account and send me the means to return thier books.

I then sent them a second letter informing them that after seven days i will be charging them £25 a week storage for thier books and the date the first invoice will be sent.

They sent me some lovely brown paper and mailing stickers, just dropped them off at the post office and never heard from them again.

Not sure if this will still work but worth a try

regard

anthony