Hi!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi one and all, have to say this is all very new to me but im very glad i found this site, its really nice to see theres still people out there willing to help eachother, this world has adopted the attitude of looking after no1 so this is a real breath of fresh air. well done! :)

My name is mike and i have been charged £330 in 3months in charges for exceeding my over draft, now im a realist and except that at the end of the day it is my responisbility to make sure theres enough money in my bank account before the direct debits come out, however being charged £38 for being £2.98 over takes the **** Heres what i want to claim for:

4th Oct- went £4.51 over, was charged £38

24th Oct went £2.68 over, was charged £38

3rd Nov went £6.18 over, was charged £38

Then at the end of the month was charged an additional £40!!

so for going a total of £13.37 over my over draft i was charged a total of £154

That cant be fair? surely i can claim that?

can someone please give me some tips?

thanks very much in advance.

:-D mike

The reason why you went overdrawn is irrelevant the charges are unlawful and you can calim them all back, please start with the FAQs and self help material then start a thread in your banks forum and keep us informed. Thanks :)

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Welcome.

Before you start please have a thorough read of the FAQs (there’s a Step by Step guide here too). You should print both of these out to refer to, so as to avoid having to ask basic questions later.

Then look at other threads in your bank’s forum, so as you know what you can expect to happen

You need to spend 2 or 3 days gradually getting your head round everything. If you find a forum/thread/post of interest, save it in your Favourites, so as you can always find it easily. Here’s one to start with, which you should find useful later:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html#post436526

There’s a lot to take in, but it’s time well spent and will ensure that you succeed in your claim without problems. Remember it’s not a race, don’t rush, just follow the guidelines one step at a time

This is a self-help forum and you must be prepared to put in time and effort. It is your claim, your money and you cannot expect others to do all the work for you.

When you feel confident that you understand the process and the various stages involved, start a new thread in your bank’s forum and post your progress and any questions there and you’ll get plenty of help

All the info to get you started is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Finally the Moderators and Site Helpers are having to spend far too much time dealing with unnecessary and avoidable errors in claims caused by impatience, ignorance or just plain laziness. If you don’t know what to do next, ask. If you don’t understand something, ask. It might be a dumb question, but it’s a lot easier to sort out than a dumb mistake.

Good luck

Great!

Take a few days.... no rush! :D

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!

You need no luck to win, just some reading and some work.... and you will win! :D

(sarcasam.... us? :D )

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!