battle with Bos.

namasti

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently sent a letter to BOS asking for the refund of charges on my old account. The letter I sent I downloaded off The Govan Law Centre web site. wich quotes the OFTs Unfair Terms in Consumers Contracts Regulations.

I recieved a reply today and I quote ( Your comments on the legality of these charges have been noted. I have also noted that you have referred to the views of the Office of Fair Trading(OFT) on charges. I am aware that the OFT have stated that credit card companies should charge no more than £12.oo in penalty charges for exceeding an agreed limit or failing to make the minimum payment. Our Legal Department have advised that thius investigation is related to credit card charges only and not bank account charges.

The OFTs inquiry is based on the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations to which you have referred, however, these regulations do not apply to business customers. I am therefore not willing to refund the charges levied as they were applied in keeping with our terms and conditions, wich you will have agreed to,whenyou opened your account.

Howerver, should you remain dissatisfied with the way your complaint has been handled please advise me of this and I will provide you with details of the next stage in our complaint handling proceess which includes the ultimate availability of the Financial Ombudsman Service> I would also advise that if we recive no response frm you within the next eight weeks, we will regard your complaint as closed.end quote)

So my question is, should I continue with my request for full refund, as they are saying that the regulations do not apply to business account.

Is there anyone who is a sole trader, that has applied for a refund from BOS. Or does anyone know if they are correct in saying that busineses dont have any rights?...

Please help, as I have also sent the same letter to 2 other banks which are also business accounts. And all these charges have had a snow ball effect that is crippling my business.

Thanks in advance

Namasti:???: :evil:

Battle with BOS

Hi thanks for your quick response to my cry for help. Im crying again! Where can I download the business verson of the letter. Sorry Im a bit blonde at times,

Namasti