Student Loans Company - I was told no interest was payable

zboo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm not sure if anyone can help, but I took out a student loan for the 2nd & 3rd year of my Law Degree and was definately told that they were interest free - now it seems that I am being charged nearly as much interest as I am paying off each year, therefore the chances of me ever paying this £6500 odd loan off is virtually nil - Is there anything I can do?

I have heard of people asking the companies to provide copies of the original CCA & if they can't produce it being able to write off the debt - could I do this?

I can't remember how & where I signed up for the loan, being only 18 and never having had so much as a credit card or overdraft before, but I was definately told it was interest free - I feel I was misled/missold my loan!

Zboo :p

That's what they said, but I was definately told I wouldn't be charged interest ! As such I don't want to pay interest ... I have been paying it for over 5 years & didn't realise until I got an account statement through recently & realised that although PAYE had been taking money from my wages they hadn't informed Student Loans and so they hadn't taken it off my bill.

I was wondering if I made a CCA request I may find they haven't got a signed CCA for me, fingers crossed?

What do I write, I know it's a £1 charge but can't find the wording

Zboo :p