clydesdale financial services charges

dazbot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I have just started reading up about the possibility getting my charges refunded by CFS, and I was wondering if anybody can give me some quick starting points / and if I should go ahead or not etc

Brief history

I purchased a oven from a company called northern Electric some years ago now, they went bust and as I hadn't paid off my bill to them for the oven (by now pay later) the administrators passed on my account onto CFS. I heard nothing for 1/2 year after hearing that they had gone down the pan, then I recieved a call from CFS saying that I needed to pay £22 a month to clear the account.

Having a couple of dodgy financal years I have missed around 20 payment dates and have now a 800 settlement figure from them / a large amount of it being made up from these late payment charges and 'default letter charges'.

My question is this > can I reclaim these charges ? Are they unlawful?

thanks

Dazbot

• 1 month later...

HI

I too am putting in a claim to Clydesdale Financial Services - got my statements and found that they have charged me £22.50 arerars letter charge - total of £280.14 - rang them and asked what interest I was charged on the account - it was 29.9% - so I am claiming contractual interest on the sum of £196.07 making a total of £476.21.

Letter going off today. Will keep you informed of my progress.;)

• 2 months later...