Can a Discharged Bankrupt reclaim bank charges before the Bankrutpcy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks I am new to this web site and would like a little help if possible.

I am thinking of claiming back bank / credit card charges from my old accounts; but i do not know whether i will be entitled to do this?

I declared myself bankrupt back on 4th July 2002. up to that point the last six months before bankruptcy i was not paying bills etc, so i had a lot of missed payment chrges on credit cards and late payments for the previous 18 months on my bank accounts as well. A few credit cards were involved and one bank account. I guess this would all add upto a reasonable amount of money. I do have all the account numbers and sort codes but no statements for this period.

The charges would have been added to the balance of my credit cards and my bank statement befrore the insovancy. so i would have been responsible for the charges added at the time to my account.

Basically am i entitled to this money back before my bankruptcy was registered, The time period in question is from Jan 2001 to 3rd July 2002.

I was officially discharged in March 2005.

Any information on this subject would be of interest.

Many Thanks Steve.

ps. or would i be able to sue the banks for contributing towards mybankruptcy by overcharging?

Hi Steve please have a read of the FAQs and other self help related material as Bankrupcy is included in some part, also do a search on the work bankrupcy to see what other people have done with their claims. Not sure about suing them for making you bankrupt i suppose you would have to prove their actions alone made it so you became as such, a little searching and reading around should no doubt answer your questions. :)

Ex CAG helper ^_^

• 2 years later...
I wouldnt bother, all of your accounts are in bankruptcy. You will not be able to reclaim unfair charges on bankruptcy accounts.

I think your reply is a little late..... by about 3 years. ;)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT