• Tweets

• Thanks DX, required info as follows.   Which Court have you received the claim from ? MCOL Northampton If possible please scan redact and upload a full page copy of page 1 of the claim form. (not the response page or AOS) Name of the Claimant :  Parking Eye Ltd       Claimants Solicitors: DCB Legal Ltd   Date of issue – 20th March 2024   Date for AOS - Today, 13 April 2024 Date to submit Defence - 28th April 2024 What is the claim for – 1. The Defendant (D) is indebted to the Claimant (C) for a parking charge(s)issued to vehicle ******* at Lake Street Leighton Buzzard. 2. The PCN(s) were issued on 03/12/2021 3.The defendant is pursued as the driver of the vehicle for breach of the terms on the signs (the contract). Reason: Vehicle Remained On Private Property In Breach Of The Prominently Displayed Terms And Conditions. 4. In the alternative the defendant is pursued as the keeper pursuant to POFA 2012, Schedule 4. AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS 1. £170 being the total of the PCN(s) and damages. 2. Interest at a rate of 8% per annum pursuant to s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 from the date hereof at a daily rate of £0.3 until judgement or sooner payment. 3. Costs and court fees.   **IMPORTANT** WE NEED TO SEE THE FULL POC MINUS YOUR PERS DETAILS>> NOT AN ABRIDGED VERSION**THIS MUST INCLUDE THE LOCATION What is the value of the claim? Amount Claimed £202 court fees £35 legal rep fees £50 Total Amount £287 Have you moved since the issuance of the PCN? No Did you receive a letter of Claim With A reply Pack wanting I&E etc about 1mth before the claimform? No
    • notice of assignment from busted and stupid. cant see the point of BS, they wont make you pay anything too heavy £PCM <£20 i expect. just type no need to hit quote dx  
    • Hi all, My Daughter has just returned home to Sheffield after staying with us for the last four weeks helping out with my Wife's care as we at at hospital every weekdays. During that time those lovely folks at Parking Eye issued a CC claim against her for an unpaid PCN from December 2021. The date of the claim on the summons is March 20th, I was under the impression that she was out of time to acknowledge it or defend it but she was able to acknowledge it via MCOL. Am I right in thinking that this is correct and she now has the additional time to defend as MCOL permitted her to perform an AOS?   Many thanks
    • NOA ? Is that Notice of attendance ? They haven't been here..... yet ! As for the LO details, I have requested them from WODC, but not heard anything yet, I'm sending a reminder today or tomorrow. I'm running completely blind on this at the moment as I've never received anything to do with it before last week.. Do you think it might be worth me contacting Breathing Space in the meantime as well ?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

NCP/BW ANPR PCN PAPLOC Now Claimform - appealed refused- Gatwick Airport dropoff zone **CLAIM DISCONTINUED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

cn you type out the particulars of claim please.

good job you never appealed!!  never appeal a speculative invoice.

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform

register as an individual on the Gov't Gateway Site
Go to HMRC's login page.

Click the GREEN sign in button.
Click “Create sign in details”
Enter your email address where asked.
You will now be emailed a confirmation code. ...

You will now be issued with a User ID for your government gateway account.
 note down your details inc the long gateway number given, you might need it later.

then log in to the MCOL Website

select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.

then using the details required from the claimform

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked.

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim

type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything

you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.

you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.

………….

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to NCP/BW ANPR PCN PAPLOC Now Claimform - appealed refused- Gatwick Airport dropoff zone

you've found and read one thread

get reading a good few 10's of them

then you'll understand why your route/thoughts dont work.

another thing you need to do is protect yourself from fake docs/lies etc, in emails from them 1 min before an important court dealing 

send them ONE more email stating email is not to be used for any matter concerning our mutual court claim.

dx

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

3 hours ago, westlondonmum said:

Considering one or all of:

- writing to MP

- alerting the media 

- complaining to Gatwick Airport owners (last time I checked it was another airport owning Gatwick - VINCI airports - should I be emailing them?)

- complaining again to NCP and threatening to counterclaim (I recall seeing something posted re this on another thread)

all a complete waste of time.

dx

• Like 1

and they

agreed.

dx

• Like 1

and they

at some point soon email comms must be stopped and they need to be told so,

dx

and they

ive hidden you and written note

you need to redact ref and reg number

dx

and they

you file our generic defence, no amendments

its further down in the sticky thread you used for post 1 whereby you filed out our questionnaire

post it up here FIRST..

and they

• 2 weeks later...

you should already have known this letter was coming and how to react or not by READING the numerous NCP/BW claimform threads already here .

simply because you have jumped through ONE hoop, doesn't mean you stop or don't do SELF HELP upon whats to come, how to react and what's next.

CAG is predominately a self help site, sometime our limited staff don't have the voluntary free time to spare on telling you things you should have already researched yourself. 

so your next question to answer is:

when do i stop worrying if they are going to court?

the court acknowledged your defence in a letter..what did it say - read it..., and what have you researched MIGHT be your next thing to lookout for?

dx

and they

• 2 months later...

a claimant does not file a defence you did - as the defendant.

but that was months ago. the claim is obviously well stayed now?

not sure what you are going on about above?

and they

38 minutes ago, westlondonmum said:

Nope. BW filed a response to my partner’s defence and I received confirmation from the court that BW are proceeding to a trial. 

well thanks for letter us know! we cant guess!!

so you have done DQ N180 yet?

and they

• 5 months later...

you mean they issued a notice of discontinuance? N279?

only a judge in a court can dismiss a claim.

and they