Letter of Claim for paid parking, Shepherd St Liverpool

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I hope you can help with this!

First, a heads up: the difficulty might be that we’ve only found out about the parking fine after more than a year. This is because the car in question was still registered to a house we own but which we haven’t lived in. We’ve now updated the address, and this lovely letter has today appeared.

It’s a Letter of Claim for parking in the private Shepherd Street car park in Liverpool on 14th September 2021. 

I paid at the end of the stay, using their card machine, and obviously paid the amount displayed in full. I have the transaction in my bank statements.

I’m aware that the car park is known for exactly this problem. There’s a thread here from someone who was fined for parking there apx a fortnight after we were there, and I note the comments in that thread on inadequate phrasing of signs. We don’t have access to photos of signs from 2021 and the ones in that thread are no longer available. 

There’s more about the same problems in this article too: 

WWW.LIVERPOOLECHO.CO.UK

Mark and Gillian Edwards were 'shocked' when they opened the letter

Having said this, my partner in particular isn’t the type of person to take the chance of an appearance in court going wrong, or to send irate letters in the hope of avoiding court. 

Please can you help? 

Despite the sympathetic reporting, the Liverpool Echo is wrong to call these things "fines".

They are not fines, they are invoices from a private company.  A private company doesn't have the power to fine someone.

You need to send the fleecers a snotty letter to show them you've sussed their game and you'd be big trouble for them if they did do court.

But you have a month or so to do that.

Please fill in the forum sticky.

Presumably because of the move you haven't got the original invoice or any other paperwork, right?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks so much for this. 

If they have no power to fine people then how are they getting away with saying they’re working in partnership with bailiffs ‘as seen on tv’. This is on the letter they’ve sent. What a world we live in. Anyway…

I don’t have a claim form, just a Letter of Claim, so can’t answer many of the questions on the form. I’m also not sure about registering an MCOS at this stage?We’re wary of doing anything official until we’ve had advice. I’ve attached a photo of the letter as a doc, though. And this is the form with the answers I can give:

Which Court have you received the claim from ? 
I can’t see a court mentioned in the letter

If possible please scan redact and upload a full page copy of page 1 of the claim form. (not the response page or AOS)

Name of the Claimant :

ParkingEye Ltd T/A Car Parking Partnership

Claimants Solicitors: 

DCB Legal

Date of issue – 

Letter is dated 04 Jan 2022 (I don’t know when the original letter/s would date to)

What is the claim for  

The vehicle with registration number ———- ("Vehicle") was parked on private land ("Land") managed by our Client. The signs displayed on the Land set out the Terms of parking (i.e. "the Contract"). The Vehicle was parked in breach of the Terms and as such the Contract was accepted and a PCNs) was issued. You are liable as the Keeper or Driver. The details of the PCN(s) can be found in the schedule at the bottom of this letter. Payment was due within 28 days of the PCN(s) being issued but remains outstanding.”

What is the value of the claim?

£170

Letter of Claim parking nonsense.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
DOC file removed previous post quote removed too

Sorry, I'm an idiot and I uploaded the wrong sticky!

Let me sort it out.

• Thanks 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

OK, apologies for uploading the wrong sticky.

There's not much point me putting the right one as you never received the original paperwork so can't give us details anyway.

I've converted your DOC file to PDF.  Your personal details show on DOC.  Best to keep the fleecers guessing!

You need to SAR the fleecers and get your hands on their original invoice.  You also need to formally tell them about your new address otherwise they could easily sent a county court claim form to your old address and win by default.  So, two birds with one stone.  Tomorrow SAR them but insert as a first paragraph -

"Firstly, would you kindly note that I no longer live at XXXXX, instead my new address is XXXXX".

Stick in some I.D. such as a Council Tax bill otherwise they will use lack of I.D. as an excuse not to cooperate.

Send 1st class and make damn sure you get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.

Then in about three weeks you will need to respond to their Letter of Claim to ridicule their case and put them off doing court.  All the excellent work you've done in investigating the car park will come in very handy.  It's also superb that you've got proof of payment.

Thank you very, very much for this. I’ll talk with my partner about it tomorrow and get moving on it. 🙏 

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed
  • Like 1