Can Bailiffs just take my car?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After getting a couple of parking tickets a year or so ago, i forgot to pay them and forgot all about them, a few months ago COLLECT SERVICES wrote to me saying i owed them £800 or so pounds, after reaching an aggreement with them to pay £20 a week, I was one day late sending them a payment and recieved a letter the very next day cancelling the aggreement, and informing me that a bailiff would come to my house to collect payment or goods to the value of.

I have not had the pleasure of actually seeing them yet and have now got a letter telling me that a senior bailiff will attend and seize all furniture and electrical items i have or take my car! My bill now appears to be £930, as far as im aware this has not gone through a court was just passed on to the bailiff by the local council and all attempts to contact via e-mail and phone have been useless. any advice on how to avoid these people taking my stuff especially my car would be appreciated.

As you can understand with x-mas just a week away paying a huge amount like this would be impossible.

First. A bailliff cannot enter your property to seize goods unless he has previously been inside, so don't under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES allow him in, tell him in no uncertain terms to sodd off.

Move your car well out of sight, preferably to a securely locked garage, they are not allowed to force entry.

Eventually, when the bailliff realises he isn't going to get your money or goods, the "fines" will get sent back to the council, you can then negotiate with them. You will remain liable for any lawful bailliffs charges, but will probably not be persued for them.

I would also be inclined to SAR Collect Services, to see just what they are charging, and how it has built up to such a high amount.

Nil Illigitimus Carborundum

An SAR under the DPA forces the bailliffs to supply you with all the relevent information about how their charges are made up.

There are lots of examples dotted around the forum, and also a master in the library that you can alter to your own requirements

Nil Illigitimus Carborundum

• 1 year later...
Hi there

Can anyone post a link to a S.A.R template?? Any help greatly appreciated

Go back to main forum screen and have a look in the bank templates library. The first thread in the stickies section is for a SAR request.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 1 year later...